Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting WAV Files to LSU Using Audacity - Step by Step Tutorial  (Read 104559 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 06:47:08 PM »

Fantastic work, Eerockk! (point)

And something that just has to be said: for the short time you've actually been on the forum, you're one of the most active contributers (and high-quality as well). I like your work and views very much (well, for a Jedi, mind!).

Will follow your progress with great interest (and, of course, try to tempt you to join the Dark Side Cool)

Thanks, Darth Sabre! The honor is to serve - Jedi and Sith alike... I'm just paying forward what was shown to me when I started, and what made my Bellicose purchase turn out better than I imagined. This forum rocks, and I'm happy to do what I can! Thanks man. I appreciate what you said greatly. Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »

Now I'm kind of getting into it. Once I start practicing recording more expect some cool fonts from me. Is it okay to record from youtube videos? Only thing I'd have trouble with is capturing just the lightsaber sounds and muting out the voices and other sounds. I want to get a Kit Fisto style font made.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

LORD VANE
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -48

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 02:54:27 AM »

Audacity has a program where you can filter out unwanted sounds. Just play with it. The best way to do it is capture it off the movies using a audio ripper.  Sometimes YouTube videos won't have the best audio quality

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:13 AM »

The video I found actually has good audio quality for once and my laptop has a built in mic so I'm good to go. xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 03:20:24 AM »

I just recorded the entire video. Alot easier. I just need to figure out how to cancel the voice except for when Fisto calls for R-6's help because that'll be the boot, then the background music and Greivous's extra sabers. Like I just want Fistos sabers in. Or did I have to edit each sound individually? Like power on, off, motion, impact, lock up? I didn't really think about that. Or can I do all the sounds in one thing?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 04:25:42 AM »

@Vane. Whats the filter for unwanted sounds? I'm doing a different easier font at the moment. Working on the swings. Its the first saber fight on Episode 3. Then same with the lock up, impact, and Anakin's only power off at that scene. I'm kind of getting the hang of it better though.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 04:32:16 AM »

Never mind I figured it out finally. Now to figure out to get just the saber swings... Then impacts will be next and ect.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 02:53:10 AM »

Whenever I try and change the format to 16-bit, Audacity always stops working.  Any advice on what I'm doing wrong.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 03:08:14 AM »

Whenever I try and change the format to 16-bit, Audacity always stops working.  Any advice on what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah man, Audacity can be weird sometimes. If you're only going to use Audacity for saber fonts, try the following:

Go to Edit -> Preferences, and find the Quality Option on the left. In the first two options that appear, set your 16bit and 48000Hz settings here, and Audacity should have no choice but to bend to your iron will of.... iron. Yeah.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »

I'm just going to let errock edit my fonts when I request them. xp

Jedi Hoot
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

eerockk,

I know the topic is about wav files converted to lsu files. But I was wondering if mp3 files be converted to lsu files?

-Matthew

LS Points please

Standard Issue Battle Saber

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 03:57:09 PM »

eerockk,

I know the topic is about wav files converted to lsu files. But I was wondering if mp3 files be converted to lsu files?

They would have to be converted to 16 bit wavs, but it's a matter of dropping it in to Audacity and exporting it right away. Zren Tobas is right though. If you're saying that "hey, I'm just going to email Erick the files and let him sort it out", then I'd say sure! PM me for my email address if you would want me to convert the files to LSU, and I'll even review the font in a video and post the files publicly as well, if you would like. I'm always happy to do that, and it's been awhile too! I'm kind of itching to do a review! Smiley

Darth_Revan
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

Master of the Force in Balance!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 06:21:53 PM »

Only problem im having is when im going to write my soundboard after successfully converting my files it has an error saying it failed how do i fix this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

May the Force be with you.... Always.
Light side poin

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:24 PM »

Only problem im having is when im going to write my soundboard after successfully converting my files it has an error saying it failed how do i fix this?

Does it say connection lost? Try again, but remove all of the sounds from the right side, and then try reloading all of the sounds you have.

Note that every slot must have at least one sound file for it to work; you can't leave one blank. Removing the files from the right before loading your own on will show you if you're missing a sound.

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »

Hi everyone. I just thought I might make a tutorial on how to take a Stereo WAV file, and turn it into an LSU file for your saber.

Step one, download the Obsidian Launcher and Audacity and install them if you haven't already.

In Audacity, open the WAV file that you wish to convert. You might find that two tracks appear instead of one. The first thing you'll need to do is join the left channel with the right one. In the tiny menu next to the track, click on "Split Stereo To Mono"

The LSU Converter needs a Mono track, so now that we have two duplicate mono tracks, you can now close the bottom track. Click the X that's circled in the picture below. (Notice that I trimmed the long audio file into a 4 second clip)

Now that we have a single, mono track, it's time to modify the bit rate and sample rate of the file. LSU files require 16-bit, 48000 Hz, mono samples to convert to LSU. The mono is already covered! Smiley

To change the Sample Rate:

To change the Bit Rate:

And in case the track isn't set to Mono:

There is one silly master setting that I always forget about when converting WAVs, and that's the global project settings. The image below shows the two areas that must all have the 16-bit, 48000 Hz, mono samples settings applied:

Now you're ready to export! Click File -> Export to continue.

Choose where you want to save it, give it a name with no spaces in the name, and then select WAV Microsoft (Signed) 16 Bit PCM as in the image below:

Hit Save to convert the WAV file. One other box pops open when you click Save, but you can just hit OK to continue.

Once you've saved the WAV file, close Audacity, and don't bother saving the Audacity file as what you want has already been exported.

Next, to convert the file to LSU, open the LSU Converter from the Obsidian Launcher folder, and once the program is open, load the WAV file that you saved earlier. If you like, you can password protect your LSU files, but for simplicity, just unclick Locked, and then covert the file! Remember to not include any spaces in your LSU file, and keep them around 5 seconds or less for best results.

Shoot any questions below, or PM me if you prefer. MTFBWY

Awesome! Now if only I can find the download for the NEW v.3 Obsidian launcher, then when my saber comes (ordering tomorrow) I'll be in business of some Count Dooku goodness!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: