Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting WAV Files to LSU Using Audacity - Step by Step Tutorial  (Read 104558 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 03:29:10 PM »

Here you are, sir! It's good to familiarize one's self with the ins-and-outs of the software too! When the saber arrives, all you'll have to do is charge the batteries and then upload the goods. The Dooku soundfont is now standard on my Overlord.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.msg189762#msg189762

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »

Here you are, sir! It's good to familiarize one's self with the ins-and-outs of the software too! When the saber arrives, all you'll have to do is charge the batteries and then upload the goods. The Dooku soundfont is now standard on my Overlord.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.msg189762#msg189762

Thank you Sir!!!!

I will indeed be having a look around, and once he's charged up my, as yet un-named Sith beast, will get the full Count treatment; once I figure out how many sounds it needs and which ones I like!!!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:27 AM »

Has anyone ever tried to play around with Imperial March? I did and made the pitch way low and the song sounded more intimidating. Lol. It was kinda cool. I know there is a slow version already made of the song but I can't find it.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Defcon4
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:10 AM »

Thanks a Million, eerockk !

afrojedi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

Justice is my ally, The force will guide me.

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 05:36:26 AM »

Thanks a Million, eerockk !

hey guys has anyone tried using the lsu converter with the Obsidian Launcher v3. when I convert the wav it comes back as being locked and I can't seem to see it in the obsidian launcher.

any suggestions, also I don't find it in the windows explorer is it still running?

Anakin skywalker force fx lightsaber.
US War Glaive w/ Fire Orange

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

hey guys has anyone tried using the lsu converter with the Obsidian Launcher v3. when I convert the wav it comes back as being locked and I can't seem to see it in the obsidian launcher.

any suggestions, also I don't find it in the windows explorer is it still running?

Before you click convert on a set of WAVs, you should uncheck the 'lock' checkbox. Also, you might try running the program as administrator on Win Vista or higher.

If all of that fails, I'm just a PM away! Grin

NiNscorp75
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 12:57:00 AM »

Grin Eerockk you R the man.. your youtube vids made me buy my Archon( thank you Grin) now ican make my own sounds  Cry "specchless" points

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2013, 02:09:24 AM »

Grin Eerockk you R the man.. your youtube vids made me buy my Archon( thank you Grin) now ican make my own sounds  Cry "specchless" points

Thanks man. Much appreciated! Glad you like the Archon too. Have you considered Ninja-Jesus's Luke ROTJ as the soundfont? It's been on mine ever since I uploaded it to the saber. Here it is if you're interested! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85768751/LukeROTJNinjaJesus.zip

BladeCrossEXE
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -76

Shape the Future! Give Dark Points!

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2015, 03:15:49 AM »

Thanks for the guide! I only have one problem, though. The output file is higher pitch than the original. How do I fix this? I'm trying to make this as a lockup sound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVqG2mDV40

When I set it to 0.92X playback speed in the preview, it sounds perfect, but I can't get it to export that way.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:22:26 AM by BladeCrossEXE » Logged

Subscribe to me on Youtube! youtube.com/FlashingBladesProductions
Current Sabers:                                             
Dark Catalyst                                                 
Dark Prophecy                                               
Dark Initiate V2 LE x2
Dominix V2 RGB
Flamberge LE Emerald

dlevans
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2015, 11:50:43 PM »

Am I missing something? I have the Obsidian Launcher version 3.2.2 and I cannot find the LSU converter. Do I need a different version of Obsidian?

Thanks.

You can’t rhyme against the dark side of the force, why even bother?
So many dudes been with your mom who even knows if I’m your father?
http://www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-soundboard

Indignatio
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -33

Sith Apprentice

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 12:55:05 AM »

Am I missing something? I have the Obsidian Launcher version 3.2.2 and I cannot find the LSU converter. Do I need a different version of Obsidian?

Thanks.

Yes you need to download an older version. I'm stumped though I cant get the LSU converter to run... it says it's missing files.

Apprentice LE V4 Emerald w/ Sound (Customized)
Archon V2.1 w/ Sound (Customized)
Menace SE Staff Emerald w/ Sound
Guardian Emerald w/ Sound (My Wife's Saber)

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 01:00:38 AM »

Yes you need to download an older version. I'm stumped though I cant get the LSU converter to run... it says it's missing files.
I installed v3.2.2 onto my desktop, and then installed v2 into that v3.2.2 folder. the LSU convertor i placed into the v2 folder, along with all the other files which i do not understand well enough to explain..

Essentially, install the new one first, then v2, and make sure everything v2 related is in the same place. it seems to work for me, although how easy it will be to replicate i do not know.

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

dlevans
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2015, 02:34:14 AM »

But don't I need to use V3 since I have the newer board? Or can you use v2 to convert everything and the new version to upload? I can take screenshots as I go in case I get it working to update the OP.... as soon as I start a load of laundry haha.

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2015, 02:35:34 AM »

i don't know if you actually need v2 for the convertor to work, all i can be certain of is that you need to at least download v2 in order to get the convertor on your computer.
 Other than that, i'm afraid i'm not much use  Lips sealed

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

dlevans
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2015, 03:31:00 AM »

YES I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct, you need 2.2.2 to get the actual program on your computer.

After watching Ultra's video he made when that version came out I skipped through the scary error messages and towards the end he said to get the LSU converter to work you need to place in in the C:\program files\ultra saber folder so I put LSU_converter.exe in my C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraSabers\Obsidian Launcher folder.

It still didn't work.

LSU_ave some error that said something about an unregistered comdlg32.ocx file.... off to Google I went.

Turns out those types of files are Active X files (http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/146219) and Windows can register them manually!!

Score!!

Go to the 2.2.2 folder and unzip obsidianusb.CAB. Inside that folder should be the file comdlg32.ocx.

For the next step you need to open a command prompt as an admin (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/) then navigate to the obsidianusb folder inside the 2.2.2 folder.

In the command prompt type "cd C:\Users\Dustin\Downloads\v2.2.2\obsidianusb" where "Dustin" is your username.

Next type Regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx. A pop up should say DllRegisterServer in comdlg32.ocx succeeded.

Now try to launch the LSU_converter.exe ... mine still didn't work. Gave an error about missing ultrasabers_small.bmp being in C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraSabers\Obsidian Launcher.

Dang... but wait!!! inside the the obsidianusb folder in the 2.2.2 folder is a file called ulstrasabers_small.bmp. I just put it inside C:\Program Files (x86)\UltraSabers\Obsidian Launcher and viola!

It totally worked!! I just downloaded an mp3 from youtube and converted it using audacity and LSU_converter.exe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I have 3.2.2 with the LSU_converter.

Enjoy guys  Cool . I'm headed to bed. g'night. MTFBWY.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: