Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Author Topic: Costume buying guide  (Read 176907 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2016, 04:38:40 PM »

I think these would make great jedi boots

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Riding-Knee-High-Boot-Military-Leather-Buckle-Zipper-Roman-Equestrian-Shoe-/162161780830?var=&hash=item25c198685e:m:mQfMgOUSAh3CjuoJsxQ3ykw

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2016, 09:07:36 PM »

What's a good US source for Jedi gauntlets Clone Wars style besides the Rebel Legion? Might add some to my main costume =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2016, 11:23:59 PM »

What's a good US source for Jedi gauntlets Clone Wars style besides the Rebel Legion? Might add some to my main costume =]
You could always ask stedsi if he could print you a set...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

DaxCumada
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 41

Light Side Points for me! Thanks!

« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2016, 03:40:56 PM »

Big props on you bro!
Thanks for sharing! Great reference!

[img width= height=]https://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f82b09486b5ec132.png[/img]

Click my signature to create your own! Hit me up lightside points if you like it! Thanks guys!

I own:  Electrum Wind
I wielded: Mantis CE, Archon V3, Guardian
I want: One of everything! Lol!

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2016, 03:58:58 PM »

just ordered my tunic set from twin roses. have it by the 2nd week of Nov.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »

I love my Twin Roses tunic set, its a full set now with the inner tunic =] I got the battle worn looking outer tunic set but a more bright white obi with it too, wanted something different for mine so. Looks like you already got yours though. Mines the unbleached osnaburg set and the more mahogany brown inner tunic, the kona cotton one, good stuff

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2016, 04:53:57 AM »

Slowly, it's coming together.  Got my latest order from FarFarAwayOutfitters (Etsy) today, still waiting on my Corellian Importers belt, I need to get some boots (I might just get some plain old combat boots and wear greaves over them), and I just ordered a robe from Hampton's Jedi Outfit (also Etsy, and mentioned earlier) and tabard/surcoat with obi from Twin Roses.  Still need to source the parts and materials to make the helmet, get some scrub pants and pouches, and after all that (and once I get the brain bucket actually built, I hope I can make my vision of the helmet work), I'll be done gettin' Sithy with it.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2016, 07:18:38 AM »

sweet. and I got my robe ordered

who's scruffy looking?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2016, 06:11:15 PM »

Finding boots is proving to be the bane of my costuming existence.  Partly due to having big feet (I take a 13-13 1/2 in boots).  Hopefully, I can find something locally rather than ordering and hoping for the best that they'll fit.

Boots, though, are (as far as I can reckon) the last bits I need to arrange for.  Everything else is ordered and I should have together by mid-January, except maybe for the helmet (and that depends on me successfully making it, more than anything).  I need to ask the head guy at the saber choreography group here if they'll be doing another set of photos in the spring, because I'd love to have good pictures of the final costume, so I can share them here.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2016, 07:56:36 PM »

Finding boots is proving to be the bane of my costuming existence.  Partly due to having big feet (I take a 13-13 1/2 in boots).  Hopefully, I can find something locally rather than ordering and hoping for the best that they'll fit.

Boots, though, are (as far as I can reckon) the last bits I need to arrange for.  Everything else is ordered and I should have together by mid-January, except maybe for the helmet (and that depends on me successfully making it, more than anything).  I need to ask the head guy at the saber choreography group here if they'll be doing another set of photos in the spring, because I'd love to have good pictures of the final costume, so I can share them here.

Go here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=jedi+boots&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ajedi+boots

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2016, 11:04:50 PM »

I found a set that were advertised as the right size, looked good, reviews said they worked well for bigger calves...Ordered them, and while the box was marked for size 14, the boots themselves were size 11.

I'll keep looking locally, no more buying boots from Amazon for me.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:58 AM »

Just received this Obi Wan Jedi belt in the mail today I purchased off Etsy From seller JedaiiLeaterCrafts.  I love it it's all leather and it was under $100. If your looking for a real leather Jedi belt for a good price it's really a good belt for the price.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2017, 07:04:53 PM »

Nice belt, jediseth. Was looking at them on amazon for around $40 to $50. Would spending the extra money be a wiser choice? I'm having difficulty looking for a black Jedi belt and a nice hooded cape.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »

^^^Usually. Stuff on amazon can be made cheap such as Jedi belts and robes. Jedi Robe America replica robes are pretty good. I love my dark brown robe from them. Its Rebel Legion acceptable so that's a good thing. I got my belt from  oddtoddsleathers I think is what its called and I think they have black but not sure. They sell on etsy though. Another good option is Hampton's Jedi Outfitters, they have black belts for sure

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »

Nice belt, jediseth. Was looking at them on amazon for around $40 to $50. Would spending the extra money be a wiser choice? I'm having difficulty looking for a black Jedi belt and a nice hooded cape.

I have no idea if it's worth the extra money. I was looking at belts double the price and I just didn't think I was getting anything better. $40-50 seems a bit on the low end if you ask me. I'd be worried about the quality. The guy I purchased  mine from can probably make what your looking for. I wanted a pouch to go with my belt, but it was half the price of the belt. So I found a large brown leather oversized phone case on eBay. Works great and only $10 bucks free shipping.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: