Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Elder  (Read 2656 times)
darth_sen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I sense much anger in you...

« on: April 15, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »

This is a re-post from the old UltraSabers forum:

This saber is extremely heavy after modification.  The copper is already heavier than the aluminum sabers that Ultrasabers has to offer, and I added several pieces of rubber and aluminum.  BTW, this is gonna be a gift for a 5 year old... Despite the weight, I believe this is my favorite saber I've done so far from a design stand point.

The bottom of the hilt is black rubber automotive O-Rings (from a package from Pep Boys labeled "Help" that came with various sized rings) intersperced between 2.5 mm thick, 1-1/8" inside diameter aluminum bicycle spacers.  Tension holds them all in place.  On the ousides of the bottom handle are 1.25" steel welded rings from my local hobby shop's model rocket section, and those are held on by 2 large O-Rings on either side (sorry, not sure of size).  I believe the thicker ends of the grip give the feel of gripping a motorcycle handlebars, and since the hilt is already heavy it really feels like you're holding something when you wield it.

The emitter section has another rubber automotive O-Ring at the very top, and then .25" chrome stripes going up and down the wider portion of the copper pipe where it meets another 1.25" steel ring held by 2 large O-Rings.  I really like how the chrome/silver on copper with black rubber color scheme works, and the green blade against the copper patina really works from an artistic point of view.

The Covertec belt clip is from The Custom Saber Shop.  Even though it is machined for their larger outside diameter hilts, the gap is virtually unnoticeable.  So that it doesn't fall off when removing the mounting screw for the blade, I used Gorilla glue to secure it.  Unfortunately from a functionality standpoint the clip is hard to get on and off the belt attachment due to the thickness of the steel ring.  But when the 5 year old sees this saber, I'm sure he'll get over it...

The Schwartz is strong with this one!

sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:14 AM »

That is one lucky 5 year old  Grin
I had to build my first lightsaber by myself, i wish i had such a head start.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

OldWolf359
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »

That is a fantastic saber and the 5yr old is going to love it, just a quick word of warning though Aluminium and copper can corrode each other if they get damp, hopefully that will never happen

Catalyst Cyan, Redemption Adegan Silver, Initiate V2 Violet Amethyst (Daughters), Dark Initiate V1 Blazing Red, Consular Arctic Blue, MR Luke Skywalker EpVI, MR Yoda, MR Darth Vader, MR Like Skywalker Ep5, MR Darth Maul, MR Mace Windu, MR Obi Wan Ep3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: