Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate LE v3 & Initiate LE v2 Review  (Read 3231 times)
Ralkodu
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: December 18, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »

Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing two of my new Ultrasabers. The Dark Initiate LE v3 and Initiate LE v2.

Overall I have to say I am very impressed in the quality and overall performance of the sabers. I was somewhat skeptical at first whether I should go through with the purchase, but soon decided to go for it. Truthfully I started by ordering a Consular w/ sound and all the other fun stuff, but soon after it shipped I began to have second thoughts on what I wanted for my first saber. For the price that I paid I decided to return it (Ultrasabers customer support was phenomenal) and used the credit to by two additional sabers a yari extension w/ coupler and 16" blade as well.

Below is the video review of the two sabers:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEzqAwfP3bQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEzqAwfP3bQ</a>

First up is the Dark Initiate LE v3:

Overall the hilt is perfect for single or dual handed wielding and has a great weight to it. The way my hand sits on the hilt make it slightly difficult to spin the saber to fluently, but because of the way the saber looks I tend to use it more with two hands and do less saber tricks with it.

I decided to go with "Blazing Red" for the color because I felt it would go really well with the design of the hilt, and it does! Holding this saber just tends to give you a very "Sith-esq" attitude and fighting persona.

Second is the Initiate LE v2:

Originally I thought this would be my least favorite of the two, but when I turned it on I essentially fell in love as the say. They hilt itself is very comfortable to hold almost anywhere and is really easy to spin and wield fluently. This has not only become my main use saber but also the one I do all the tricks with.

I went with "Fire Orange" for the color because I felt it would complement the Red more in a dual wield scenario, but as soon as I turned it on I realized it looked much more yellow then orange. This was not a bad thing, yellow is my favorite lightsaber color because its the color of Jedi Sentinels and they are the best.

I went with mid-grade blades for both of them because I wasn't planning on doing any super heavy dueling and so far with a few friends and some fairly heavy dueling, they have held up surprisingly well.

Overall I am more that happy with my Ultrasabers and will  be coming back in the future for more. Now its time to further learn the ways of the lightsaber.

Thanks for taking the time to read and watch! Hope you enjoyed.

-Ralkodu

San
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »

Great review and simply beautiful sabers! Personally I like the design of the Dark Initiate LE v3 more, but  both are nice.

You're the first one saying, you don't like the wheel, but that's exactly my opinion! First I wanted one for my Dark Initiate V2, but I thought it might be in the way.

December 2012: Initiate v2; heavy grade in Consular Green
March 2013: Dominix v3; heavy grade in Adegan Silver (using Color Discs)

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »

BR and FO: Great color choice!

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 02:46:50 PM »

Bluespike will not be happy

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »

Bluespike will not be happy

Hey, Fire Orange is very Corellian in nature.  My signature Flash on Clash color so it will not bring me pure unhappiness. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Ralkodu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 12:53:24 AM »

Great review and simply beautiful sabers! Personally I like the design of the Dark Initiate LE v3 more, but  both are nice.

You're the first one saying, you don't like the wheel, but that's exactly my opinion! First I wanted one for my Dark Initiate V2, but I thought it might be in the way.

Yeah, now after a few days I prefer both hilts the same. It really just depends on how I am feeling that day. It just took some time getting used to the weight and size of the v3 to really start to like it.

BR and FO: Great color choice!

I spent a large amount of time trying to decide what colors I wanted, and I finally decided and have no regrets. They are the perfect pair!

TheSaberBro
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I Am Jedi Master Bill

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »

you have just reasored me that i picked the rightsaber for a first saber

Ralkodu
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »

you have just reasored me that i picked the rightsaber for a first saber

That is good! Hope you enjoy it. I love my sabers!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: