Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Aggressor  (Read 1917 times)
darth_sen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

I sense much anger in you...

« on: April 15, 2011, 01:07:48 AM »

This is a re-post from the old UltraSabers forum.

This saber is a little heavier due to the copper when compared to the aluminum models Ultrasabers has to offer.  But it does wield well and it feels like you're holding something for sure.  I like how this style mimics Luke/Anakin and I tried to channel that in this design.

The bottom of the hilt is chrome auto tape from Pep Boys and on top of that are 5 of the 6-Piece (4.37") Rubber Grip Set from The Custom Saber Shop.  I really like how they feel when you hold them, and they adhere pretty well since they come rounded from TCSS with 3M adhesive backing.  On the top and bottom of those 5 grips are large O-Rings (don't know size) holding the rubber grips in.  I also cut a ring of chrome tape and trimmed that with an automotive O-Ring cut in 2 pieces so they would both be thinner (came from Pep Boys in a package of various hose couplings and O-Rings, labeled "Help").  I removed the packaged mounting screw for the pommel and replaced it with an aluminum 8-32 thumb screw (also from TCSS) for functionality and effect.

The top portion near the emitter is also wrapped in chrome tape and trimmed with more large automotive O-Rings from the "Help" package.  The Covertec belt clip is from The Custom Saber Shop as well.  Even though it is machined for their larger outside diameter hilts, the gap is virtually unnoticeable.  So that it doesn't fall off when removing the mounting screw for the blade, I used Gorilla glue to secure it.  I also used some small thin O-Rings to hide the copper on the ends to help make it look like that section is it's own piece and not the same as the rest of the hilt.

Even though I was modeling this saber after Luke/Anakin I really don't think the blue blade works well with the copper, especially when it patinas.  Just an artistic opinion.  But otherwise I am please with how this turned out designwise.

The Schwartz is strong with this one!

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »

Looks nice Smiley I wonder why the copper blades we're so short lived.  Probably because of the patina issues.

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: