Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Quick Consular Review  (Read 824 times)
jedicri
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 74

« on: December 20, 2012, 05:43:25 AM »

I've always wanted Qui-Gon Jinn's saber and finally I got one somewhat similar to it and that'll go next to my Guardian when I mount my sabers on the wall of my room.  An unplanned purchase, I ordered this on the 15th of Dec and three business days later it's delivered on the 19th.  Very nice!  I sometimes wondered why I even tried USPS the first time around;  FedEx delivers fast to Canada!

Equipped with a green AV switch, the Consular is a very simple, smart looking saber but one that handles very well.  Considerably much lighter than the Guardian (although I have gotten use to the weight of it), it responded well to the slashing motions via the sound.  I was surprised that it did since I was already planning to tweak the motion sensitivity up a bit like I did the Guardian.  Probably will sometime tomorrow.  I'm still somewhat torn between leaving the default sound font in since it already sounds amazing or replacing it with the EP1 fonts or maybe mix'n match it.... or the Blackstar perhaps since Qui-Gon was a roguish jedi...

I'm pleased with the fact that the battery pack slides out much more easily but by the same token, it also means that the pack will somehow be shaking within the hilt when duels are taking place.  I don't know how much this'll affect the wiring connections in the long run.  I guess, time will tell...  I'll have to offset this most likely.

The CG shines brilliantly in the Ultraedge blade; it outshines my stock Kit Fisto.  Since Qui-Gon was a grey jedi, I chose VA FoC and it works well and looks quite beautiful.  I initially thought having BR for FoC but the transition I thought would be too abrupt;  VA is just perfect and blends and transitions quite subtley with CG.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:50:31 AM by jedicri » Logged

Kenobi Rush
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

May the force be with you!

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »

sounds awsome

Light side points please!

Lightsabers
-Overlord with sound(GB green AV switch archon pommel)
-Bellicose with sound(CG AS FOC blue AV switch)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: