Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Question  (Read 977 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: December 23, 2012, 06:02:40 AM »

So. Whats the longest a standard Mid Grade blade has stood up to dueling? I might use one in my custom build when I get to it. Thought it'd be good to show off the rebel green led. =] Thanks.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:12:41 PM »

Well... I don't know how old all mine are, but to this day I have yet to break any blade, midgrade or otherwise.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:11:15 AM »

I've never broken a blade and I only use midgrades.

Nor has SOTJ, to my knowledge, and she tends to hit much harder than I do.

I would say they can hold up to pretty much anything - for any amount of time (within reason) - under normal dueling circumstances.

no

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 03:07:59 AM »

It takes a careless freak accident to break a heavy grade, but it was just the tip and I trimmed the blade down an inch and reglued the tip back on. I also knocked the tip off the UEMG, but I just contact cemented (Canadian Gorilla Glue) it back on. The tips are bound to come off, so don't worry if it does. There are plenty of threads here to show you how to reattach one if it pops off. I still use my 35" UEHG and have since punished the living crap out the blade with no ill-effects.

I'd say get both types of blades if you can; I did and found that each has their purpose. Both are strong, but you can be twice as brutal with the heavy grades. The heavy grades are more physically demanding as well; my 4 year old loves his 36" UEMG and can swing it like a crazy fool, but the UEHG makes him drag the blade on the floor and he can't really swing it effectively. Eventually, he puts the saber down being either tired or frustrated. His shiak is deadly with that UEMG...

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 07:31:13 AM »

Being one of the few that has actually broken a mid grade blade I can tell you that it was no small feat. It was about 8 degrees outside at the time and I hit a metal pole full swing when it happened so, they are durable, however I've only used heavy grades since then just because I'm very brutal when I duel and I don't want to take the chance of a repeat. Even if the odd's are 3720 to 1 that it will happen again.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: