Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DLL issues with 2.2.2 under XP  (Read 999 times)
ricks03
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 23, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »

I installed the new 2.2.2 code (note I've never installed the older code) on a fully-patched Windows XP machine.

I get a notification that setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date. At the time I selected to update them, and the install completed and everything worked.

About a week later I noticed that Microsoft Mappoint was no longer working because of a DLL issue.

Using the setup.lst file, I peeled out all of the files installed by the setup.exe, and then copied in all files that existed on a similar other XP machine, and Mappoint went back to working.

I suspect one of the DLLs or OCX files introduces a function call that is overriding the default function.   If nothing else, the install shouldn't be dropping files into the Windows system path (much less overwriting them).

Hopefully this is a know issue. If not please let me know and I'll re-run through the process with details for known debug, but it took me a couple of hours to untangle everything and am not looking forward to doing it again.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »

I installed the new 2.2.2 code (note I've never installed the older code) on a fully-patched Windows XP machine.

I get a notification that setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date. At the time I selected to update them, and the install completed and everything worked.

It should ask you if you want to keep the current files, in which case you should. This happens on every install. Keep current files and ignore any errors and it will install properly.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: