Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arbi-Dard Issue in Adegan Silver: pre-review  (Read 1126 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »

I'm calling it a pre-review because a) I'm yet not finished charging the batteries and b) I'm stuck with a phone model that cannot connect with my PC and transfer photo and video, so this will be text only. I'll include photos and maybe video once I solve this issue (maybe borrow someone's phone or camera).

It is here. It is finally here. The Standard Issue Battle Saber with a few personal touches, mainly the Arbiter pommel and two covertec clips sitting at the working end of the saber. A knurled thumbscrew was also included in the package, which I like much better than the standard screw: it adds an extra greeble on the otherwise too plain saber, and it can be screwed and unscrewed by hand (and I hate to carry a little and very elusive wrench).

Frankly, the hilt is very nice. It is my favourite color and my favourite size, as Eeyore the donkey liked to say. It's instantly recognizable as a lightsaber, it's no bells and whistles (unlike, say, Monarch or Malice), it's useful for both one-handed and two-handed grips and it has a personal touch.

As for the "light" part in lightsaber, I haven't tested it fully yet. It arrived with almost dead batteries, and was dim even under the dim evening light of a Moscow sleet storm. However, it was good enough to test the color discs. The set included two yellow (actually greenish-yellow) discs I liked; they give, in fact, a pretty good approximation of the color of Ahsoka Tano's shoto. They are also the brightest; the blue-purple end of the color disc spectrum is pretty dim. But, again, I haven't yet tested them on a fully charged saber.

The sound is nice, and what I liked best, the soundboard also gives the flicker effect.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 05:10:47 PM »

Nice. Looks like you got a good looking saber. Can't wait to see it. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 06:51:42 PM »

Okay, so I've charged it fully and tested. Yeah, the color discs are dim, but I've picked some more good ones. The lightest shade of purple is nice; what's probably meant to be Arctic Blue is no slouch either. However, it's still at its best in its natural color, namely Adegan Silver. Can't wait to get some Lee filters.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:30:39 PM »

If you have some money left over order you some Lee Filters. They work alot better. I have an AS Aeon V3 and I'm using the Dark Green filter at the moment and even with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade its still nice and bright. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »

In my country they are only available through the internet as single-color sheets. The swatch book is a rarity, and in our local shop they will only be available in March.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: