Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from the Ether...  (Read 1634 times)
Schtuperman
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 84

« on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:39 PM »

Greetings all.  I stumbled across the UltraSabers website the other day and looking over the products has caused a sudden relapse of Saber Fever.   Shocked  I recall being in Best Buy years back when, behind me, I heard the sound of lightsabers clashing and these two kids ran past with a pair of blue and red MR sabers.  I was totally intrigued and asked where they got them at which point they said, 'They're on the shelf over there!"  I immediately bought one of each.  Over the next year or so I think I bought every saber that MR released.  I loved them...the sound...the power-up effects, etc..  But I quickly learned that they weren't really up to serious dueling.  After replacing a few with damaged blades, I packed them back in their boxes to keep them safe, and started looking for a more robust saber I could actually use to duel.

In my quest, I stumbled across the Park's website and, over the next few months, wound up ordering a dozen different sabers.  These were the older "EL" model sabers.  They weren't cheap and, as I'm sure many of you know, it takes a LONG time to get your saber.  In fact, I ordered the 12th saber before the first arrived!  The Park sabers are beautifully crafted and you can beat the heck out of them, but I never really liked the skinny "EL" blades...they just don't look like a lightsaber blade.  But what I disliked most about them was the lack of sound.  It just isn't the same without the sound, and I haven't purchased a saber since 2006.  I believed I had gotten it out of my system, and my case of Saber Fever had been cured!  At least so I thought until last week, when Fate displayed an UltraSabers add on a webpage I visited...

A few minutes after examining the UltraSaber site, I found my case of Saber Fever had only been in remission, and I was about to experience a complete relapse!   Tongue  I hungrily examined all of the exciting sabers available with beautiful hilts, bright, combat-ready blades that actually look like a lightsaber, flash on clash & lockup effects, and user-customizable sound!  Oh yeah....Saber Fever was back with a vengence!   Cool   I ordered a loaded up Graflex CE and, to my amazement, it shipped the VERY NEXT DAY!   Grin  (I didn't know UltraSabers was in California - I am in Maryland - or I would have paid for the expedited shipping)

So yesterday I ordered a loaded Overlord, and now my wish list is chock full of a whole lineup of sabers I will ordering over the coming weeks & months to satisfy my condition.  So thank you, Emory & UltraSabers, for showing me that it is my destiny to be a Saber Junkie.  Why fight the inevitable...   

Graflex CE: AB/AS
Overlord: (x2) BR/AS-HP/AS
Shock LE: AS/AB
Manticore: (x2) CG/AS-VA/AS
Guardian: GB/AS
Archon: FO/SY
Crimson Reaper: (x2) SY/AS-AS/BR
Dark Arbiter: CG/AS
Phantom Initiate v3: BR/AS
Phantasm Initiate v3: CG/AS
Raven: GB/AS
Dark War Glaive: PO/AS
Dark Standard: AS/BR
Menace CE: Emerald

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »

Welcome to the forums!

Nice to see another person who is not still in high school join our ranks!

Not that high schoolers are not welcome or appreciated, but some input from other people who actually experienced Star Wars from day one is always nice  Smiley

I have you on the map, even if you do not plan to duel it is mostly a pinning reference to see where other Ultra Saber collectors/players are in the world...there are many more...still updating the map.

Again welcome!

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/1531286

Light side points please Smiley

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:56:30 PM »

Hey Schtupe'.  Welcome aboard.

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking Emory's gonna be busy fulfilling your orders over the next little while.   Wink   Just ordered my 6th full-meal-deal saber.  These puppies are just every kind of awesome. 

Enjoy!

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »

Howdy!  Oh yeah...I was there from the beginning.  I believe I went back to see the original Star Wars movie four times!  I think I was 16 or 17 at the time...too old for the kid toys that were released but my brother, who is 11 years younger than me, had all the stuff so I got to check things out.  I few years ago I even ordered a custom Raven's jersey from NFL shop to pay tribute to Star Wars.  (name says STAR WARS, # 77)   Cool  The lightsabers were always for me the coolest thing about the movie.  There was just something about them I have always found intriguing.  Its pretty bad...a safe full of firearms and a closet and drawer full of lightsabers...   Shocked

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »

I think I am about to order a Shock LE and a Manticore today while the sale is on... 

Here we go again...LMAO!   Shocked

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »

The xx% off everything sales are infrequent, but a great opportunity to also stock up on the bits and pieces that don't normally go on sale; i.e. emitters, pommels, couplers, extra Li-ion batteries, etc.

Just before the current sale, I bought a Malice during its 25% off sale; which applied to the hilt/LED.  Li-ion, sound, etc options didn't get that discount.  Neither did the slew of emitters and pommels I added in.   Cry    Still I saved $60 on the saber and it roughly equates to today's 11% off Malice + 15% off everything. 

With the 15% off everything, I just ordered a loaded Archon, some extra Li batteries, another pommel, a few more couplers, colour disks, and a spare Covertec clip.  Those nick nacks aren't covered in the majority of US' sales.

Cheers,
Saint

Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 05:43:38 AM »

I pulled the trigger on the Manticore and Shock LE before the sale ran out.  

Four sabers in four days....   Roll Eyes

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

I pulled the trigger on the Manticore and Shock LE before the sale ran out.  

Four sabers in four days....   Roll Eyes

Nice.  The LE is my favourite of the Shocks.  I was gonna get the Manti but opted for just its emitter and high profile pommel to use with my Malice or Archon...once they all arrive.  I also ordered the Dark Shock emitter and pommel.  For the current line up, I think I'm done for a while...except for maybe the Shock LE...  Embarrassed Wink Grin

Schtuperman
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »

There is something rather elegant in the appearance of the LE that I found appealing.  I ordered it with the silver blade and originally opted for Sentinel Yellow as the flash color thinking it would accentuate the gold accents and be a little different.  At the last moment I changed the flash to Arctic Blue, fearing the white-to-yellow flash might not be enough of a contrast?  I will probably wind up ordering a second LE for my lady...probably with the Violet Amethyst blade and silver flash.  I will wind up doing a little customizing on her's because I like the lighted AV switches and there isn't a purple switch available.  I have found the same switches used on the US sabers in orange, yellow, amber, and white, so I will probably swap her switch out for the white one.  I'm curious how they manage to tighten the nut on the backside of the switch, or are they using a press-fit with glue?  Guess I will find out soon...lol!