Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Author Topic: Free Obsidian Fonts Created By Forum Members  (Read 413386 times)
Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2017, 04:31:29 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k7m8qxybvfop8eq/AABCnrfteLUsYkiIA_nt8ld7a?dl=0

Unfortunately I deleted the Sidious font that I had (it was an episode III font, correct?) but I do have what seems to be the Savage font. The link above contains it.

Fun Fact: The Novastar Sidious episode 3 font and the Ultrasabers V4 Sith soundfont are actually one and the same. The Novastar version has a couple of more poweron sounds and the whole font is pitched up a bit for some reason, but they are the same font. So if you use the US Sith soundfont, you're basically using Sidious episode III.

And yes, like a dummy I bought the Novastar version before I figured that out lol

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2017, 04:36:14 AM »

Fun Fact: The Novastar Sidious episode 3 font and the Ultrasabers V4 Sith soundfont are actually one and the same. The Novastar version has a couple of more poweron sounds and the whole font is pitched up a bit for some reason, but they are the same font. So if you use the US Sith soundfont, you're basically using Sidious episode III.

And yes, like a dummy I bought the Novastar version before I figured that out lol

That's hilarious, I never noticed. Maybe because I may have only used the Sidious font once. It would make sense that the US sith and Novastar are the same, considering their previous agreement. I always found the Sith font to be a bit too high pitched for me, but at times it's good to use. And I now see your avatar which makes sense here.

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:31 AM »

That's hilarious, I never noticed. Maybe because I may have only used the Sidious font once. It would make sense that the US sith and Novastar are the same, considering their previous agreement. I always found the Sith font to be a bit too high pitched for me, but at times it's good to use. And I now see your avatar which makes sense here.

Yea and the novastar one is actually pitched even higher. I have no idea why. In my opinion the US version sounds better, but the novastar version has more options. Its tough to tell they are the same because of the pitch difference, but that echo at the end of the poweroff sound gives it away clearly. After that it was just a matter of comparing all the swings and clashes side by side in Audacity and it was obvious they are the same. Novastars is just pitched a bit higher. I don't think Novastar and Ultrasabers parted on particularly good terms, so maybe that's why he altered the pitch. To make them sound different.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2017, 04:46:42 AM »

Yea and the novastar one is actually pitched even higher. I have no idea why. In my opinion the US version sounds better, but the novastar version has more options. Its tough to tell they are the same because of the pitch difference, but that echo at the end of the poweroff sound gives it away clearly. After that it was just a matter of comparing all the swings and clashes side by side in Audacity and it was obvious they are the same. Novastars is just pitched a bit higher. I don't think Novastar and Ultrasabers parted on particularly good terms, so maybe that's why he altered the pitch. To make them sound different.

That last bit is true for sure which is all I'll say  Grin That power off always bugs me, some day I'll take it into Audacity and cut the end off. The diamond board's fade off ability should make that better even without a good trim on the audio clip

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2017, 04:53:25 AM »

That last bit is true for sure which is all I'll say  Grin That power off always bugs me, some day I'll take it into Audacity and cut the end off. The diamond board's fade off ability should make that better even without a good trim on the audio clip

Same here. Ive already trimmed it. That echo at the end just sounds so unnatural. It trims really well though because the blade sucking in part of the sound actually ends before the echo even begins. So its a clean trim. The only thing you can notice is the reverb being cut off, but its really really minor.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2017, 05:52:36 AM »

Same here. Ive already trimmed it. That echo at the end just sounds so unnatural. It trims really well though because the blade sucking in part of the sound actually ends before the echo even begins. So its a clean trim. The only thing you can notice is the reverb being cut off, but its really really minor.

Speaking of trimming every boot I've tried that aren't included with the v4 and a lot of Novastars fonts in general that I got from the forum have clicking.  It gets super tedious to trim everyone but I try to when I have free time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2017, 06:01:27 AM »

Clicking...the (Darth) bane of my existence. Long have I sought to wipe it out from all the fonts I encounter. Curse these people and their unfamiliarity with zero crossings!

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2017, 06:04:14 AM »

Speaking of trimming every boot I've tried that aren't included with the v4 and a lot of Novastars fonts in general that I got from the forum have clicking.  It gets super tedious to trim everyone but I try to when I have free time. 

Clicking comes from not setting zero points so the sounds flow evenly from one to the other. On a boot sound though it shouldn't be as much of an issue since its an isolated sound that doesn't flow into or come out of another. It could be just plain old bad level setting and the sound was recorded to hot. The click in this case would be audio clipping. You can zoom in on the offending click in audacity and do a surgical cut. Hopefully its not in to bad a spot that it would be noticeable.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #398 on: March 26, 2017, 06:07:26 AM »

Clicking comes from not setting zero points so the sounds flow evenly from one to the other. On a boot sound though it shouldn't be as much of an issue since its an isolated sound that doesn't flow into or come out of another. It could be just plain old bad level setting and the sound was recorded to hot. The click in this case would be audio clipping. You can zoom in on the offending click in audacity and do a surgical cut. Hopefully its not in to bad a spot that it would be noticeable.

On the boots it's always at the start, so yes, I just isolate and cut the very beginning.  I haven't tried the hums yet but I would assume it's at the start too. 

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #399 on: March 26, 2017, 06:08:13 AM »

Clicking...the (Darth) bane of my existence. Long have I sought to wipe it out from all the fonts I encounter. Curse these people and their unfamiliarity with zero crossings!

I still don't know what a zero crossing is but I hate them and try to isolate and cut them when I see them!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #400 on: March 26, 2017, 06:12:06 AM »

I still don't know what a zero crossing is but I hate them and try to isolate and cut them when I see them!

Zero crossings...those beautiful moments in time (/audio files) where it's nothing but silence. At least for a nano second. It's just where an audio wave (which goes up and down over a line of silence in wave form) registers as zero noise. Even if the audio isn't flowing into another clip, a click will still occur if the audio has to jump from a sudden point along its wave length to silence without coming down as a gradient.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #401 on: March 26, 2017, 06:14:55 AM »

Zero crossings...those beautiful moments in time (/audio files) where it's nothing but silence. At least for a nano second. It's just where an audio wave (which goes up and down over a line of silence in wave form) registers as zero noise. Even if the audio isn't flowing into another clip, a click will still occur if the audio has to jump from a sudden point along its wave length to silence without coming down as a gradient.

Ah ic, if it looks like a spike on the graph does it still count as a zero crossing or does that count as a amplified/hot recording?

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

« Reply #402 on: March 26, 2017, 06:20:14 AM »

Ah ic, if it looks like a spike on the graph does it still count as a zero crossing or does that count as a amplified/hot recording?

They sound a little different. A hot audio spike will sound distorted, whie the click from not having zero crossings will sound like a clear click.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #403 on: March 26, 2017, 06:22:04 AM »

They sound a little different. A hot audio spike will sound distorted, whie the click from not having zero crossings will sound like a clear click.

Gotcha, thx for the info.  I would give points but Tapatalk doesn't have that feature (unless I'm missing that too?).  When I get back to my laptop I'll pass out the points!

FeelTheBirdie
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #404 on: April 07, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »

does anyone have a link to the darth vane vader soundfont? thanks alot

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: