Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls  (Read 19825 times)
Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 04:34:12 AM »

And, most importantly, TES in not only Skyrim. In fact, it's mainly Morrowind. And any console profanations of Morrowind cannot compare with the real thing.

TES is mainly Daggerfall, geographically Wink (According to Todd Howard, the Morrowind is .01% the size of Daggerfall.)

no

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »

Btw anyone contemplating on trying out the MMORPG when it pops out, possibly later this year.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »

Btw anyone contemplating on trying out the MMORPG when it pops out, possibly later this year.

I'm certainly considering it, although I'm not sure. Everything I've seen about it (advertisements aside) predicts that it'll suck. Then again, it is the sworn duty of the Internet to hate anything that's popular....

no

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:10 AM »

I'm certainly considering it, although I'm not sure. Everything I've seen about it (advertisements aside) predicts that it'll suck. Then again, it is the sworn duty of the Internet to hate anything that's popular....

I haven't actually read up on it too much. I tend to prefer to beta test something before starting to get an idea of how I'll like it (knowing betas aren't the finished product, but you can see where the game is going and how the developers are handling player feedback).

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 06:55:35 PM »

But Rina, how do you really feel???  Wink

You think I am insincere?

TES is mainly Daggerfall, geographically Wink (According to Todd Howard, the Morrowind is .01% the size of Daggerfall.)

That depends on what you prefer, quantity or quality.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 07:01:42 PM »

That depends on what you prefer, quantity or quality.

Precisely. I agree that Morrowind is the highest quality game in the series, and I'm looking forward to playing it again (even if it's just on the Xbox). It would probably be my favorite TES game if I hadn't happened to get Oblivion at a time when I had absolutely nothing else to do.

no

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 04:57:35 AM »

Well, I believe I have completely fallen in love with the Altmer. I made an Altmer character in Skyrim and she's awesome.

I have also realized how racist I am in every TES game... smelly Orsimer and Bosmer can eat my sparks Tongue

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 04:59:31 AM »

Well, I believe I have completely fallen in love with the Altmer. I made an Altmer character in Skyrim and she's awesome.

I have also realized how racist I am in every TES game... smelly Orsimer and Bosmer can eat my sparks Tongue

I tend to be extremely kind in any game that gives me at least some level of control. It's just how I am. I've tried to be mean, but I feel so bad afterwards.

Not that there is anything wrong with being racist in a TES game Cheesy

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 05:16:16 AM »

I tend to be extremely kind in any game that gives me at least some level of control. It's just how I am. I've tried to be mean, but I feel so bad afterwards.

Not that there is anything wrong with being racist in a TES game Cheesy

I used to be really nice in TES and I actually felt bad when NPCs disliked my character, so I played the games as if I were actually my character. Then I got bored with being the good girl (I always play as females) all the time and I started massacring everyone in Bravil.

I guess I embody the Altmer ideals (only in the games, of course... I'm not Hitler Tongue) to some extent. Bosmer are just so creepy in Oblivion, and they don't improve in Skyrim. They actually get worse, which I didn't think was possible. Shifty little stains on the mer name. Orsimer are green and ugly and they're almost universally barbaric. Their name states that they're pariahs. There's a reason for that, ya know.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 05:23:08 AM »

I used to be really nice in TES and I actually felt bad when NPCs disliked my character, so I played the games as if I were actually my character. Then I got bored with being the good girl (I always play as females) all the time and I started massacring everyone in Bravil.

I guess I embody the Altmer ideals (only in the games, of course... I'm not Hitler Tongue) to some extent. Bosmer are just so creepy in Oblivion, and they don't improve in Skyrim. They actually get worse, which I didn't think was possible. Shifty little stains on the mer name. Orsimer are green and ugly and they're almost universally barbaric. Their name states that they're pariahs. There's a reason for that, ya know.

I always play as females as well. Always.

Good point, but I can't really comment. I haven't played Skyrim in so long....

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2013, 05:31:11 AM »

I always play as females as well. Always.

Good point, but I can't really comment. I haven't played Skyrim in so long....

I hadn't either until a few days ago. I'm starting to enjoy it more now that it isn't constantly being shoved in my face. I still can't shake the feeling that it could've been so much more than it is, though. Skyrim just isn't Cyrodiil. Or Vvardenfell. Or... yeah, I just don't like the location.

no

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »

I guess I can be called a racist in TES, too. I hate Argonians. Not for some imagined prejudice, but for what they did to Morrowind.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:05 AM »

That reminds me of a funny story. While playing Skyrim in college, my room mates and i shared the game on my xbox.  While i was playing the companions storyline one of my room mates proclaimed that the battle ax you receive near the end that belongs to the creator of Companions was, and I quote, "Completely racist axe!!!" Wuutrad(?) super effective against elves! Good old fashioned human-elf racism! Gotta love it!

Now on my brother's xbox, I run around with it killing elves!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2013, 07:18:28 PM »

Y'know, the Thalmor kinda shot first.

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »

I'm not racist...I shoot EVERYONE in the knee with an arrow.   Tongue

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: