Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Question  (Read 1035 times)
Skoroa
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 20, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »

I'm new to UltraSabers but already i like what i see. I did have a couple of questions however, and I'm sorry if they have already been answered. First off, i'm putting on a performance for little kids as Darth Vader, and i wanted something that would look good but could take a hit, and wouldn't break the bank. I was looking at the Dominix V2 to fill that role.
     What i'd like to know is whether it is durable enough to take some hits and not shatter into a million pieces, also I don't understand what the different types of blades are. Is the UltraEdge better than the others or something, does it make it stronger? Anyways thank you to anyone who can help me decide.

Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »

Hey skoroa welcome to the forum! If you are looking for a durable
blade than you have come to the right place! You can dish out all sorts of pain to these blades without being able to hurt them at all so any of them will be plenty durable for you but if you want to be extra sure get one of the heavy grade blades that are made for heavy dueling! And the main difference between the regular grade and the ultraedge is how it looks when lit up but there are lots of pictures on here so take a look around:)

Dark Standard Issue Staff - Arctic Blue

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

Welcome to the forum Skoroa!  I have a Dominix v2 in blazing red as well, and I can tell you that this is definitely a quality saber.  I've got Heavy grade blades, and these things can take literally ANY punishment you feel the need to dish out.  I took mine to a full contact duel against bokken, and the blade isn't even scratched.  Although, if you've got a little extra money, the Prophecy is more reminiscent of Vader's hilt.

As for which type of blade to get, I'd have to say that the standard Heavy Grade looks most realistic in person, while the UltraEdge is more of a "fuller" blade.  Both look great on camera, though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: