Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Basic Build Guide Request (New Builder)  (Read 97370 times)
Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »

Its the Modular LED System (looks kinda like Iron Mans mini arc-reactor)  that gets hot. Its not in the saber hilt yet I'm working on wiring right now and when ever I turn on the LEDs after a few minutes (5-10min or so) they get hot enough to burn skin and they take a wile to cool off.
  What do you think?
 Thanks.

Sounds normal the led put off a lot of heat so they need the heat sink and the hilt to disprce the heat

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

adventureGeek92
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »

Sounds normal the led put off a lot of heat so they need the heat sink and the hilt to disprce the heat

I'm really new to this so please bare with me. Dose the hilt act like the heat sink or do I need to get some how dose that work?
I really appreciate all your help thanks.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

The hilt will help disperce the heat. You can also follow my build as I progress if it will help you in your build
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18437.0;topicseen

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

adventureGeek92
Force Sensitive

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »

Thank you very very much.

DarthVinnyous
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »

Quick question on this; is there somewhere to see the wiring diagrams for building? I have had my sabers on my wall for far too long and recently have been inspired to disassemble one of my initiates to mess around with and begin the process of building my own saber. Also is there a thread that explains how the soundboard works as well as someone who can explain converting from a standard stunt saber to one with sound?
I have a V3 initiate that I would like to put sound into but dont want to mess it up.

Thanks!

One who has freed themselves from all restrictions has reached perfection, their potential fulfilled. Perfect strength, perfect power, perfect destiny. Imagine it.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 10:23:46 PM »

Quick question on this; is there somewhere to see the wiring diagrams for building? I have had my sabers on my wall for far too long and recently have been inspired to disassemble one of my initiates to mess around with and begin the process of building my own saber. Also is there a thread that explains how the soundboard works as well as someone who can explain converting from a standard stunt saber to one with sound?
I have a V3 initiate that I would like to put sound into but dont want to mess it up.

Thanks!

Everything you need is right here.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Tol Freeman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 08:13:09 PM »

Blade downswitch from heavy grade to mid-grade for a better lightsaber.

dean_s2
Force Sensitive

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2014, 03:14:50 AM »

I'm completely new to this forum but am crazy excited about building a custom saber.  I have 2 Master replica sabers, Anakin's graflix and his chosen one.  I want my own though.  I have questions.  The response I see from the basic build question is helpful.  I have a few pieces I have chosen to possibly use: Shock body, Archon emitter & neck, War Glaive pommel, Obsidian sound board, Anti vandal momentary switch, 4x battery pack.  Will these components work together?  Do you need to buy the obsidian sound board for sound or is there another less expensive option.  How do you choose a blade?.....So many questions.....  Cry

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 03:31:11 AM »

I'm completely new to this forum but am crazy excited about building a custom saber.  I have 2 Master replica sabers, Anakin's graflix and his chosen one.  I want my own though.  I have questions.  The response I see from the basic build question is helpful.  I have a few pieces I have chosen to possibly use: Shock body, Archon emitter & neck, War Glaive pommel, Obsidian sound board, Anti vandal momentary switch, 4x battery pack.  Will these components work together?  Do you need to buy the obsidian sound board for sound or is there another less expensive option.  How do you choose a blade?.....So many questions.....  Cry

I know it can feel overwhelming, but don't fret! Everything you listed will work except you need a two AA battery pack for Li-ion batteries to use the soundboard. The Obsidian is the only soundboard US offers and it is great. The blade should be chosen based on the color LED you plan on using and the strength you want it to be.

Here is a thread on blade types: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

I wish you luck on your project!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:48 PM »

I'm completely new to this forum but am crazy excited about building a custom saber.  I have 2 Master replica sabers, Anakin's graflix and his chosen one.  I want my own though.  I have questions.  The response I see from the basic build question is helpful.  I have a few pieces I have chosen to possibly use: Shock body, Archon emitter & neck, War Glaive pommel, Obsidian sound board, Anti vandal momentary switch, 4x battery pack.  Will these components work together?  Do you need to buy the obsidian sound board for sound or is there another less expensive option.  How do you choose a blade?.....So many questions.....  Cry

I am a DIY builder.  I prefer to use Ultrasaber parts on my Ultrasabers.  I have ventured outside the box at times in order to experiment.  I have a huge list of DIY videos on my YouTube Channel that will help you begin your journey.  I'll even provide the link to a conversion from stunt to sound that I did with an Obsidian to give you a starting point. 
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

As a friendly reminder, be sure to read the rules section of the forum and post an acknowledgement there.  Since this forum is run by Ultrasabers and the upkeep is paid by their company, they have asked that we not discuss products outside their own with a rare exception.  Everyone here will be more than happy to help you on your journey to construct your very own lightsaber though.  Keep in mind that my style (or other's) may not be the same as yours.  The end game is for you to be happy with your saber.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Tol Freeman
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »

You need 4 Ni batteries and Yari spike plus a split double-bladed lightsaber to make an electostaff.

jyn-toar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »

Okay people...here it goes.
First off, this probably would not be happening in the near future.  But it's good to dream, right?
I have one saber.  One.  It's a Mace Windu hilt converted by the other guys to be battle-ready.  It has sound and a functioning LED.
My question is: could I gut this saber and keep all the parts, but put them into an ultrasaber?  Cause I'm not a huge fan of how the saber handles.
I can think of a few problems with this.
First, there is a recharge port built into the pommel.  I don't have a clue as to how much damage I might do just by removing the pommel.
Second, I've never taken apart a saber before and this was converted with a custom chassis.
Third, I put resin in the joints to keep stuff from moving around when I dueled (because the entire hilt was a pressure-fit system with the emmitter and pommel holding everything together).
Again, this would not be anything that would happen in the near future.  Just curious as to whether or not it could be done.
Oh yeah; there are two switches; an auxiliary and a power switch.  PLEASE tell me there's a way to wire that into a single switch.
Thanks in advance!

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »

So, I'm thinking of building from scratch on my next order...

Looking through this thread and others on here, it seems like it might be possible for me to do it all myself (Shocked) but I'll be spending more time reading topics and watching videos before I commit to anything.

Still, at present my planned purchase is this:

- Shock body, emitter, and pommel (Probably. I like all-silver hilts.)
- Silver or unlit AV switch (I need to check with US they sell these, also that they can widen the hole in the hilt before shipping.)
- Soundboard
- Battery pack/speaker
- Batteries
- Other stuff I may be missing. Seems like I'm missing something, but I'm writing this from memory.

Would I need to pick up spare wire, or will there be enough shipped with the parts to be going on with?

I also need to work out what resistors will be necessary, if any, and where they'd have to go.

I already have several spare MLS units and sets of quick disconnects, so don't need to buy one of those to go with the order. I do need a blade, but that'd be dependent on how much extra it'd add to the shipping.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »

So, I'm thinking of building from scratch on my next order...

Looking through this thread and others on here, it seems like it might be possible for me to do it all myself (Shocked) but I'll be spending more time reading topics and watching videos before I commit to anything.

Still, at present my planned purchase is this:

- Shock body, emitter, and pommel (Probably. I like all-silver hilts.)
- Silver or unlit AV switch (I need to check with US they sell these, also that they can widen the hole in the hilt before shipping.)
- Soundboard
- Battery pack/speaker
- Batteries
- Other stuff I may be missing. Seems like I'm missing something, but I'm writing this from memory.

Would I need to pick up spare wire, or will there be enough shipped with the parts to be going on with?

I also need to work out what resistors will be necessary, if any, and where they'd have to go.

I already have several spare MLS units and sets of quick disconnects, so don't need to buy one of those to go with the order. I do need a blade, but that'd be dependent on how much extra it'd add to the shipping.

Your missing the buck puck. Other than i think your list is all there

An easy way to do it is to order the saber as normal and in the coments section write " please send disassembled " that way you get all the parts needed and the hole for the switch is the right size. Before you do you should email emory at info@ultrasabers.com just to be sure.

Custom saber-Vigilance

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 08:23:42 PM »

Good point, thanks!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: