Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hedgehogs and lightsabers  (Read 5116 times)
hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 64

Never going to grow up.

« on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:02 AM »

Saying hello from Portland, Oregon!

Do you know why Hedgehogs are unable to use lightsabers without human assistance?

They have no thumb to press the 'power' button.  Roll Eyes

It is a sad by true fact...

The Hedge

p.s. Shopping for my first lightsaber
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:20:36 AM by hedgehog1 » Logged

Hedgehogs prefer Light-sided points, please.

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Sillucius Pax
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:40 AM »

Welcome to the forums!  What do you have in mind for your first?

Dark Side Points please Smiley

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 01:59:58 AM »

That is an unbelievably hard question!  There are just too many options and choices.

From minute to minute, I waffle from a basic double-bladed 'Phantom Initiate V2' to a fully loaded 'Shock LE' with RGB and sound.

I think I understand why some folks start with a grab bag - someone else make that first decision for you!

I would like sound for my fancy 'go to meeting' lightsaber.  The grand kids can use the stunt sabers as they make their own sound effects already.  Smiley

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:39:50 AM »

Welcome!

what is your preferred fighting style? one handed or two? there are so many variables that go into the decision that make it so difficult. also another thought is, who is your favorite character? what kind of saber do they use?
but you need not take advice, since you have two in mind flip a coin. you will know which to get as the coin is in the air.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:58 AM »

Welcome to the forums!

There are quite a few saberists in your zone of the game board!

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/1531286

Grin

Light side points please Smiley

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:11:01 AM »

Welcome!

what is your preferred fighting style? one handed or two? ...

My preferred fighting style is unorthodox at best.  I prefer a short blade facing down in my left hand, and a long blade in my right hand facing up.  I am too old for a fair fight; old age and cunning and all that...  Think of the short blade as both a shield and as an offensive weapon.  Nothing else can stop a lightsaber blade but another lightsaber blade.

I will be honest and admit the saber will be on display more than used in combat.  Still, if I can get these old bones moving for some practice rounds so much the better.

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »

Welcome to the forums!

There are quite a few saberists in your zone of the game board!

Grin

Sure enough!  Fellow enthusiasts right in my neck of the woods.  Thanks for the link; I had no idea this was available!

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »

My preferred fighting style is unorthodox at best.  I prefer a short blade facing down in my left hand, and a long blade in my right hand facing up.  I am too old for a fair fight; old age and cunning and all that...  Think of the short blade as both a shield and as an offensive weapon.  Nothing else can stop a lightsaber blade but another lightsaber blade.

I will be honest and admit the saber will be on display more than used in combat.  Still, if I can get these old bones moving for some practice rounds so much the better.

The Hedge

a truly ancient style of fighting, directly proceeding the advent of the use of the "target" (which is a small shield used in the off-hand). I would suggest the phantom initiate and a second, longer, blade. that way you have the staff, a pair of short swords or your preferred combination. but the decision is all yours.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »

A point because hedgehogs are awesome.

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 08:11:01 AM »

a truly ancient style of fighting, directly proceeding the advent of the use of the "target" (which is a small shield used in the off-hand). I would suggest the phantom initiate and a second, longer, blade. that way you have the staff, a pair of short swords or your preferred combination. but the decision is all yours.

Good thoughts and saber suggestions.  Thanks!!!!

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 08:15:41 AM »

A point because hedgehogs are awesome.

I judged African Pygmy Hedgehog shows on the west coast for many years. I really do love the little buggers.

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »

Hedgies are fun.

I was a foster for a black Indian long ear...lots of action from that little guy...Jumping Black Jack.

He loved him some meal worms (would gut load them with kale)  Cheesy

Light side points please Smiley

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:41 AM »

I judged African Pygmy Hedgehog shows on the west coast for many years. I really do love the little buggers.

The Hedge

There are hedgehog shows ?!?!??!?!
Awesome !

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

Sillucius Pax
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 05:53:53 AM »

Ahh, yes the two weapon approach.  I was all for that myself before I started training with my Dominix.  Now I'm on a two handed kick as I stumble through my Shii Cho training.  I'm going to go back to two weapon in about 6 months or so after I've gone through a bit of Form III for the spins and blocks.  Plus that gives me time to save up and get my sound saber and then settle the wife's shock for a third US.
Currently working on converting my MR Ani to dueling quality.

Good luck on the hunt.  I thought I knew what I wanted when I ordered... Changed in mid order and about a week after it got here, wished I had ordered something else.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  I've already customized it.  Just I could have gotten 2 at the time I got the one... And if one is good, two is better.

Dark Side Points please Smiley

hedgehog1
Knight Ensign

Never going to grow up.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »

Ahh, yes the two weapon approach.  I was all for that myself before I started training with my Dominix.  ...

The two vs one discussions can go on and on...  To be honest, two handed and no shield would be my second choice (thinking metal swords here, King Arthur and such).  It falls into 'the best defense is a good offense' thinking.  Also, you can concentrate on a single weapon - particularly useful with a steel blade against armor - it takes the strength of both hands/arms to 'be a can opener'.

But I am not much good at fighting, and I move slower than I used to (unlike Yoda, I can't turn it off and on).

In an average year, expect my personal saber to get used as a flashlight as often as it is used in dueling.  The grand kids are another story - anything to beat each other with will be a, umm, 'Hit' with them  Grin ...

The Hedge

Standard Issue
Dark Standard Issue
Arbiter

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: