Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions For Ultrasabers  (Read 12145 times)
Hero58
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 22, 2011, 01:44:26 AM »

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and I am really curios.

I ordered the UltraEdge Heavy Grade of the Prophecy. Guardian Blue of course with sound after seeing a video of the initiate Ultraedge heavy grade. Of it being run over...by a frikkin car! And it's still intact!

Anyways my questions are Simple. This is also my first Ultrasaber

Can UltraEdge Hevy Grade of the Prophecy with sound acually stand that sheer amount of force?

What is Billet Aluminum and how tough is it?

Do I have to Worry About breaking it if I test it by swinging hard against my door, will it still last and not crack or have a dent?

What Lights are used for the Blade, and do they break easily inside the blade like with the FX? Or are they concealed inside the hilt?

How can I tell if I got the short blade, the fairly long blade or the really long blade?

I also got the UPS 2 day thing when will it arrive?

What types of batteries does it use?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:51:07 AM by Hero58 » Logged

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:55:37 AM »

Well, I've not run my sabers over with a car... (I'm too chicken) but yeah, they're tougher 'n nails.

not sure about the aluminum, but it's still tough.

Shouldn't break, but that really depends on the amount of force you use.  Everything has it's breaking point.  The worst I'd expect is maybe some scratching or a maybe shallow crack.

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong guys) that they're Seoul P4's.  And no, they're in the hilt, so you don't have to worry about that.

Unless you specifically request otherwise, the blade lengths are determined by how you order your saber:  If it has Initiate in the title, it'll be the short ones;  Double bladed saber comes with medium length blades;  single-bladed saber comes with long blades.

UPS 2-Day?  Then they should arrive... right about now.  No, I'm serious!  Check your door!  lol

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »

I ordered it last night and it just started to ship, and if anyone else can answer these questions i would be grateful, especially when this is my first Ultrasaber

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:31:43 AM »

nice choice i have a prophecy in guardian blue and its a sweet saber you will be surprised by it's size and craftsmanship  as for the blades yeah they're are very strong the only blade i broke was a mid grade blade and that was after a year of hard core dueling and it only broke by the tip of the blade as for a heavy grade i still have the same blade i bought 2 years ago and it's not breaking anytime soon so if you use the blades for what they were meant for dueling and not running them over with car you will be just fine even though they can withstand it a few times  Tongue
as for the aluminum its  has a nice brushed finish and doesn't scratch that easily and if it does like mine did buy some sandpaper and aluminum polish and make it look like new again Smiley  also my prophecy takes 4AAA batteries
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:36:44 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:44:59 AM »

Proph can stand ALOT of force, especially that Heavy Grade blade. I've hit my blade full force on asphalt, metal, wood bokken, concrete, and another Heavy Grade and even against the hilt of my SI. Only damage the balde has taken is light scuffing, and some deeper scratches because I tend to do a lot of stabbing and lunging, and parry. Those moves throw my blade up against the opponent's slanted emitter which gets it knifed. This doesn't affect fighting durability.

Light is a Soul P4 in the hilt.

You will get the long blade.

It will arrive soon. Very soon.

Also, I will note for you the Proph has no sound as it is a stunt saber. (unless you made a special deal with ultra and paid extra for sound, in which case I envy you sooooo much) BUT the Proph is so AWESOME it doesn't NEED sound! lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:46:48 AM »

thank you so much for the answer, im not intent on testing the saber to see if it can handle being swung against my door, but Im so tempted to see if it can acually survive such a blow.

And secondly my prophecy didnt say it was a stunt saber

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 02:55:08 AM »

unless you bought you saber in the sabers with sound section or contacted ultra personally to have sound in your prophecy then your saber is a stunt also ultra doesn't offer  prophecys with sound in the store

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 02:57:43 AM »

Oh darnit XD, well i think i can add sound to it

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 02:59:22 AM »

Oh darnit XD, well i think i can add sound to it
it is possible to add a high grade sound board into the prophecy I've seen saber smiths do it and it is not really recommended for a novice to add sound into it heres my review on the prophecy with my other sabers  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=15.0

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »

ah i just read it up, it does in fact say it is a stunt saber but it doesnt say that it doesnt come with sound. I've never had an ultrasaber before so im hoping that i did get a prophecy with sound, if not that's cool, I can still use it for my films.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 03:05:31 AM »

ah i just read it up, it does in fact say it is a stunt saber but it doesnt say that it doesnt come with sound. I've never had an ultrasaber before so im hoping that i did get a prophecy with sound, if not that's cool, I can still use it for my films.
a stunt saber means a saber without sound so when ever  someone says a stunt saber around here  they mean a soundless saber Wink

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 03:07:48 AM »

Ah okay gotcha, I also just read up that the Prophecy Saber isnt a good choice for dueling. course the guy said he hasnt dueled with it yet, but is it true that the Prophecy isnt the best choice?

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 03:12:11 AM »

It is true, one CAN add sound to a Prophecy. This is in fact a project I'm in the midst of doing myself. From what I understand, an Obi-Wan Econo-Board is the only soundboard that will fit though. Well.... there was one Ultra did special for some guy's kid with a soundboard from a cheap chinese laser sword toy, but I wouldn't count on that kind of a find. Best to buy an Obi for 20 bucks at Target, cut it open (poke around here and you'll find several threads about doing that), and wire it up. Oh, and get a pommel with holes in it. LOL

PROPHECY IS GREAT TO DUEL WITH! It is all a matter of personal style when it comes to which is best to duel with. I do a mix of Makashi (fencing) and a more standard style (like Kendo IRL) and it works GREAT for me.

P.S. I'm darin' ya man..... take it outside and whack it against a tree. It's soooooo fun! Oh, but if you DO swing it at anything full force, here's a tip: make sure you're hitting the blade on the LOW side of the slanted emitter. Having the high side on the back of the swing will help hold the blade a little more solidly.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 03:16:55 AM »

Ah okay gotcha, I also just read up that the Prophecy Saber isnt a good choice for dueling. course the guy said he hasnt dueled with it yet, but is it true that the Prophecy isnt the best choice?
lol if he hasn't dueled with it yet then how can he know? Cheesy i find the saber to be a great dueling saber since it has nice grooves and a good choke point for doing spins just wait a few days when you get your saber and you will see

It is true, one CAN add sound to a Prophecy. This is in fact a project I'm in the midst of doing myself. From what I understand, an Obi-Wan Econo-Board is the only soundboard that will fit though. Well.... there was one Ultra did special for some guy's kid with a soundboard from a cheap chinese laser sword toy, but I wouldn't count on that kind of a find. Best to buy an Obi for 20 bucks at Target, cut it open (poke around here and you'll find several threads about doing that), and wire it up. Oh, and get a pommel with holes in it. LOL

also the prophecy can fit other sound boards heres one with an ultrasound board
<a href="http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/Arons%20Prophecy%20Mods/?action=view&amp;current=100_9221.mp4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/Arons%20Prophecy%20Mods/?action=view&amp;current=100_9221.mp4</a>

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 03:20:13 AM »

lol okay, and low side means the middle or the blade that close to the hilt? if I hit it in the middle what will exactly happen? will it stay intact or will it crack or get a scratch?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: