Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Font struggles  (Read 4339 times)
Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« on: January 13, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »

So I know I have to make the hums shorter to avoid "crc" errors on the obsidian, but how can I make it so that when the hum repeats there isnt a large disruption in the hum that is obvious that the sound font is repeating? Has anybody figured this out?

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »

Just high light what you want. That's what I've been doing. Makes things alot easier. I'm almost done getting the lightsaber sounds for my Kit Fisto font. Got a boot sound, power on, off, and 6 clashes so far.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »

I have been but when i loop play it (put it on repeat) it sounds like the audio is just 'copy and pasted' for lack of a better term Undecided

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »

I'm not really sure. I'm not really happy with mine either. I'll let you know when I get my font done. I just need to capture the lock up. I'm also using youtube as a sound source. xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »

what i do on lockups and hums is really quite simple, first load your hum or lock file in audacity, i will usually trim file down to a 2-3  hum then i copy it and paste it directly after 1st file so now u have a copy of both identical files back to back, go to effects and on the second file reverse it now it will transition perfectly in a loop, basically it mirrors it so the sounds will transition perfectly in the middle and the front of the file transitions perfectly with the end of the file.  On your swings it is a good idea to overlay your hum at the end of the swing so u do not hear pauses in your hum takes alot of trial and error

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »

Thank you, that was helpful ill have to try that! Point for you!

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »

If you are using music as a hum, make sure to only select parts of the song that have the same rythm and beat. That way, when you loop them, they line up without any gap sounding or too much of a gap sound when it loops, or that obvious "I'm repeating" pause. Like when I made the One Winged Angel sound font, I just selected a small portion of the song and looped it so it made the same rythm and sound. Also, I learned (thanks to Eerokk) that an Ultrasaber can only have so much length of a sound to use, so be sure to trim to specifics.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 04:26:52 PM »

If you are using music as a hum, make sure to only select parts of the song that have the same rythm and beat. That way, when you loop them, they line up without any gap sounding or too much of a gap sound when it loops, or that obvious "I'm repeating" pause. Like when I made the One Winged Angel sound font, I just selected a small portion of the song and looped it so it made the same rythm and sound. Also, I learned (thanks to Eerokk) that an Ultrasaber can only have so much length of a sound to use, so be sure to trim to specifics.

Deep said earlier on the forum it would be possible for the file size limit to be increased with a future update to the Obsidian Launcher, but he did not specify an ETA for the update.

For now, if you keep the files below 900kb, everything will work and the CRC errors won't happen!  Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »

Oh, is that so? That's wonderful then. That would give me some more room to work with using music as part of sound fonts.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »

As opposed to making a new thread I'll just post my struggles here.

How or where do I get the sounds that I would need to make font.  I've searched the internet for downloads but I can't find any.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »

Just depends on what you're looking for. Song downloads aren't hard to come by, but you have to make sure they are safe to download and of good quality. As for sound effects and such, you just really have to look in depth into it online, or generate your own on the program.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: