Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Smokiewan's sabers  (Read 6816 times)
Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

What's with the darkside points people?

« on: April 22, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »

Hey forum.

So..... I can't make videos. I tried. I failed. Tried again and thought I succeeded, but still failed. Meh...... Undecided

I guess pictures will just have to do. Grin

Anyway, the reason for this review is not for a saber purchased recently, but for the quality customer service you get with Ultrasabers. You see, there is quite a long story behind the two sabers I am reviewing, and I will try to be as brief as possible.

A long, long time ago....

I purchased a customized Oppressor v.2 from Chewbacca (now Darth Vader) on the FX-Sabers forum. He had taken a stunt Oppressor and gave it MR sound, an accent pommel LED, a covertec wheel, some new holes near the emitter and some 1/8" auto trim grips (a trick which I have adopted as my own).
actual photos.

Instantly, this saber became the prize of my collection upon its arrival to my home. Its saw battle many times, always the victor. Then fate stepped in one day, and had it fall from its stand while no one was home. The saber hit the floor, pommel first. The battery pack had cracked and the accent LED was toast. I fixed the battery pack with electrical tape, and it held together quite well for a good while.
Even scarred, C.A.T.S. held its place in my heart. same Dooku as above too.

Meanwhile...
When it came out, I was super-amped about the Wraith v.2. With its 3 lighting modes, and its re-chargable Li-Ion battery plus goodies, it was all win in my books. I ordered it in Fire Orange, which used an RGB setup (to be re-named Pyrestone soon, I believe) and was darker in shade than an amber LED. Upon its arrival, it looked like a Billy club.
So I named it Billy. see all those goodies?

It wasn't until a few months back, when I was holding C.A.T.S. (my go-to saber) that I decided it was time to upgrade that busted battery pack. I ordered and received the replacement parts, and was just about to start an epic re-build, when I get a call from my mother.

She had been diagnosed with Lymphoma. All my spare time was now devoted to my mother and I had no time to work on anything else.

I contacted UltraSabers and asked them if they could help me out in anyway. Alex, fully aware that I hadn't bought the saber from Ultrasabers directly, offered up his own time (outside of Ultrasabers) to work on it. I shipped it out to him, and within no time he had it back to me with the standard sound setup that all UltraFX sabers have, and an original pommel. I was so happy that I had my saber back, and in top notch condition too. Words can never express what it meant to me.

Elsewhere...
Not even a month had passed since the return of my saber, I return from a late night shift at work and decide to charge up Billy. I plug him in, and got ready for the following day. When it was done its charge, something was drastically different. The green diode in the RGB mix had burnt out. I, once again, contacted Ultrasabers. The problem was that I had used the wrong charger. My girlfriend has a piece of electronics that has an identical charger. The only difference was the sticker on the back.

(the proper charger is in the left pic)

Alex contacted me and asked me to send it in for colour re-assignment. We discussed the removal of the 3 modes that the Wraith is equipped with and we also talked about a Violet Amethyst S.E., which is my name for a VA which is set to have a stronger blue influence.

That's not all. Alex also asked me to send the Oppressor back to him, because he wasn't happy with it. He wanted to make it so it could, once again, incorporate an MHS pommel. Seeing as how he is "The Maker", I decided to give him carte blanche and have his way with the saber. Boy, am I glad I did.

C.A.T.S. came back with a new Bane pommel and recharge port (charger included)!!!

And that's not all...
An accent LED in the pommel!!!

Billy has also gone through some changes.
I used some of that amazing 1/8" auto trim to give him some more character, and the Violet Amethyst S.E. is the perfect colour for this saber. Ultra also sent the correct charger, to avoid the same problem.

Well, there you have it. Ultrasabers is, by far, the top name in customer service and care. Just look at how above and beyond they went for me, and they would go that extra mile for you too.

Thanks for reading.
My Ultrasaber family.

P.S.- In case you were wondering, my mother is doing great and is in remission.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 05:28:15 AM by Smokiewan » Logged

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:52:06 PM »

WOW!!! All these great reviews & talk, make me glad I put my faith in Ultrasabers! Can't wait! My first saber gets shipped today!!!  Grin

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »

O.O I'm glad that I choose Ultrasabers as well Cheesy
And of course not only because my sabers actually survived many battles.. but the fact that your review shows us.. how much care and effort Ultrasabers put into the sabers!

AWESOME!!

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »

That's awesome.  Not much else to say.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »

Amazing. Simply amazing. People just don't run businesses like this anymore! Smiley Well, except the occasional small family owned sandwich shop or teriyaki joint, but you get the picture. lol

You know.... you're starting to make me envy your recharge port man. Tongue

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:29 PM »

and what I forgot to mention.. awesome sabers you have.. Cheesy and you can't compare one to the others.. they just look all unique Cheesy

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

Yes folks. You made a wise decision to go with Ultrasabers. Grin

And I'm jealous of myself for having that recharge port. Tongue

LDM's O.G. Anakin AOTC 616 conversion,'05 MR Windu ROTS,'08 HFX Dooku ROTS,"C.A.T.S"(Chewie's Auto Trim Special) US Oppressor v.2, "The Cheerleader" US S.I(Steel), "Billy" US Wraith v.2, "Gripz" US S.I v.2

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »

Nice collection Smokie.

And Ultra's THE MAN! I think that'll be his call sign from now on...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

SJJedi
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 12:54:05 AM »

Nice collection Smokie.

And Ultra's THE MAN! I think that'll be his call sign from now on...

We honestly need a thread to keep track of all the call signs...or does one already exist? ^^;

Aeon (Consular Green)
Mara Jade Custom, WIP
Luke ROTJ MR Conversion, WIP

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:53 AM »

We honestly need a thread to keep track of all the call signs...or does one already exist? ^^;

Manroon and I got that covered. lol. We're making up a list.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 12:56:47 AM »

Which reminds me, There's a PM heading for your inbox momentarily SJJedi. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »

That auto trim looks nice! I might have to look into that when I start my DIY.

Smokiewan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 05:07:38 AM »

The auto trim is such a sweet, nifty, little gadget. There's all sorts out there too. Different sizes, colours, patterns.... and a 8' roll goes a looooong way!

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 05:20:13 AM »

Yeah, I knew about it (actually having went to school for automotive), but never thought about applying it to a saber. Definitely will have to look into that!  Cool

ATeligent
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 03:14:55 AM »

Awesome review man. Glad to hear about your Mom and your sabers.

There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There is only the Force
I will do what I must in order to keep the balance
The balance is what keeps me together
There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
There is passion, yet emotion
Serenity, yet peace
Chaos, yet order
I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance
I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance
I am a guardian of balance
I am a Gray Jedi