Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Reel" Obi Less "Real"  (Read 3288 times)
Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« on: January 15, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »

I just had to chuckle.  eFX is releasing:  Obi-Wan Kenobi Precision Cast Stunt Lightsaber Replica (The Phantom Menace).  Looking at the pix (inappropriate to post/link?), our Guardian outshines it, literally and figuratively - in every way.  Yeah, their's may be "screen (reel) accurate", but I'd be disappointed if our Guardian was...

I have eFX's Luke and Dooku and am very happy with them.  Because I have a Guardian, the above is a definite pass.   Grin Grin 

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Jbcollins
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »

I just had to chuckle.  eFX is releasing:  Obi-Wan Kenobi Precision Cast Stunt Lightsaber Replica (The Phantom Menace).  Looking at the pix (inappropriate to post/link?), our Guardian outshines it, literally and figuratively - in every way.  Yeah, their's may be "screen (reel) accurate", but I'd be disappointed if our Guardian was...

I have eFX's Luke and Dooku and am very happy with them.  Because I have a Guardian, the above is a definite pass.   Grin Grin 

That's too funny.  Glad I ordered my Evil Guardian today  Grin

Shock LE: GB/AS
Guardian:  BR/FO

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »

Yeah, a link would be inappropriate. Thanks for the discretion! Smiley I saw some of their stuff at wondercon last year. The Dooku and Luke Hero are VERY nice, but there is something to be said for a good looking saber you can actually fight with. Wink Still.... that Dooku of theres is awful pretty... as is their Maul.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »

I agree. I saw their "Guardian" and I don't think it comes close to what Ultrasabers offers. I find that's the case most often than not when comparing Ultrasabers to the other guys' stuff... and I give everyone equal chances...

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:12:39 PM »

Looked them up.  Honestly, for $15 what would one expect?  Of course Ultrasabers is going to be better.  Granted I knew that before I looked them up, but still, they weren't impressive at all. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

Looked them up.  Honestly, for $15 what would one expect?  Of course Ultrasabers is going to be better.  Granted I knew that before I looked them up, but still, they weren't impressive at all. 

I think you forgot the "1" in front of the "15".   Smiley   I got their Dooku for a similar price, $115, and it is very nice.  Perhaps the pic doesn't do their Obi justice.  In most cases you get what you pay for and I feel I got my money's worth with my eFX Luke and Dooku.

In some cases, you get MORE than your money's worth...ULTRA SABERS!!!

Cheers!

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:36:32 PM »

I think you forgot the "1" in front of the "15".   Smiley   I got their Dooku for a similar price, $115, and it is very nice.  Perhaps the pic doesn't do their Obi justice.  In most cases you get what you pay for and I feel I got my money's worth with my eFX Luke and Dooku.

In some cases, you get MORE than your money's worth...ULTRA SABERS!!!

Cheers!

Quote from: Saint
Obi-Wan Kenobi Precision Cast Stunt Lightsaber Replica (The Phantom Menace)

I just googled what you wrote.  lol.  Came up on some random site for $14.99 plus shipping.  Looked like really shoddy craftsmanship though, even in the pictures.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »

I just googled what you wrote.  lol.  Came up on some random site for $14.99 plus shipping.  Looked like really shoddy craftsmanship though, even in the pictures.

Ahhh! I didn't even check the price! Had I, I wouldn't have even bothered posting the obvious above!  Tongue

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: