Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: REQUEST: A bit of artwork  (Read 1223 times)
weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: January 16, 2013, 12:59:18 AM »

Hey guys, so I'm not sure how OK you are with requests for images, but I am in need of a couple of drawings of a costume I'd like to make, since I'm really not much of an artist myself.

In case anyone was going to ask, this costume will be worn by me to NEXT year's SDCC, since I can't afford to go to this year's one. This will be the first time I've ever been to SDCC, so even though it's a year and a half away, I'd like to get started on my costume as soon as possible because I'm ridiculously excited. Cheesy

So, onto the request:

First off, I'm a dude, so any drawings obviously need to be geared towards a male body type.

I need a costume for a character I've come up with, it will be a sort of blend of Jedi clothes and Standard clothes worn throughout the Star Wars universe. The reason for the blend is a) it will hopefully be unique and b) the character survived order 66 and escaped, and over time made changes to his clothing to look a little less like a Jedi (but couldn't bear to completely depart from the type of clothing worn) to try to avoid standing out in a crowd.

The costume will be mostly dark colours on the outside (robe, trousers and tabbards) and mostly light colours on the inside (outer shirt and inner shirt) to create sort of a gradual, layered colour change which suits the character's personality as he utilises his anger to become more powerful but deep down he is fighting for the light side. I like standard colours like gray and brown, the idea is that the character is trying to blend in to crowds at first glance so as not to get noticed as a Jedi, but still has a relatively unique look upon closer inspection.

The character will still wear a black robe, and a pretty standard one at that, so the robe doesn't need to be in the drawing.

So, if anyone has any ideas or if someone could get a sketch down, or if anyone could help in any way, please let me know either by replying here or pming me. Smiley

Thanks heaps guys, I hope to hear some awesome ideas! Cheesy

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR
*US Archon v2, GB with Catalyst Pommel
*Master Replicas Mace Windu
*Master Replicas Anakin ROTS
*Hasbro Darth Vader removable blade

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Currently working on two custom sabers.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:39:21 AM »

I'll see what I have with poser and work with it tonight.

Since I won't have to really doing any poses it should be very simple to add layers, and I have a couple of cloaks that I've been wanting to try out.

We also have some talented artists too here that can come up with stuff too hopefully,

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »

Real basic outfit I threw together, I can make color modifications fairly easily if you want to see any changes

Added a large robe for the 2nd one to show how it may look with a robe (I forgot to change it to black, but it isn't a major deal I don't think on the color.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: