Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: War Glaive (and my first US purchase) review  (Read 7865 times)
iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« on: April 23, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »

I am both relatively new to the forms and new to owing a lightsaber.  After doing a bunch of internet searching, I kept returning both to the UltraSabers site and to the (at the time, yet to be released) War Glaive. 

After a few weeks of debate, I made my first purchase which included (this was a pre-order): 
*War Glaive
* Blazing Red LED
* Ultra Edge Heavy Grade Blade
* A Stand

Here is the link to the War Glaive on the US website: https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt-WarGlaive

To keep things consistent with the other reviews I have read I am sticking with a  1-10 scale. (10 being the best).   I reviewed my War Glaive on the following: the packaging and the shipping, the hilt,  the blade and the LED color(s).

Packaging and Shipping

Overall Score 10
Shipping Company - UPS
Speed of Delivery Score- 10
Packaging Score – 10
There was no change this product would arrive damaged based on the packing peanuts and the careful wrapping of the saber.  Now, the impatient 8 year old kid in me was irritated because it took awhile to unpack ;p

The Hilt:
Overall Score: 9
Aesthetics: 10 – The Glaive is a thing of sinister beauty! The hilt is exceptionally well constructed.  The components are heavy, durable and downright menacing looking.  The claws look fantastic and add the the ominous effect!
Usability: 8.0 – I am a 5'5" girl and for me  the War Glaive seems somewhat heavy and a bit too large for me to use for spinning.

The Blade: Ultra Edge Heavy Grade
Overall Score 9.5
Durability: 10+  In true darkside fashion, I embraced my anger and struck a tree in my front yard.  Lemme tell ya, this thing took the bark off of tree (poor tree.  For dueling purposes, I cannot even image having any durability problems).   
Vibrancy: 9
The Ultra edge series blade is keeps the color bright and evenly distributed, but the red looked a bit light for my taste (not pink at all though).  In direct sunlight the LED does wash out, but no problem with the LED indoors or at night.   To be fair I do not have a good comparison of the red color with another blade.

Color: Blazing Red
Score: 9
BLzing red is bright but, doesn't look sinister enough IMHO - this is just a matter of opinion.  Perhaps, Sithy is as Sithy does?

(Update, few weeks later my sweetie ordered a second LED Module for me in SRD – guess he was encouraging my redemption….)  I cannot express enough how much I love the option of swapping out LED Modules!

Secondary Color: SRD
Score: 10
I love the SunRiders Destiny LED.  My friends laughed and said it looked a bit like toothpaste (and it does), but this LED is bright and beautiful!  For a good color comparison check, look at Crest Pro-Health Whitening toothpaste…seriously.  Does that mean this saber prevents cavities? I Dunno, but it makes me smile!

In Summary: UltraSabers exceeded my expectations in terms of quality and service (we were repeat customers almost immediately!).  If you are looking for a large beautifully menacing saber the War Glaive may be just what you are looking for!

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »

Very nice saber! I agree, from your pictures, the red doesn't look as "Sithy" on the regular War Glaive. Perhaps the Dark War Glaive gives it that sinister look you were hoping for.

Anywho, the SRD looks really good on there! Also, I'm liking those quick disconnects you've got installed on there to make swapping the LED easier. Very cool stuff!

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:42:40 PM »

Great review & Great looking saber! Makes me wish I would have gotten quick disconnects! Cool

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »

The quick disconnects really rock!  And yeah, the Dark would have been more Sithy, but I was inpatient ;p  No regrets though...

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

My dark war glaive gets here on monday Ill post a full review when I get it be sure to check it out.

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 06:18:03 PM »

Oooh can't wait to see the dark war glaive review!  In the meantime, I am toying with the idea of experimenting with some fort of black leather wrap for the hilt...

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:25:51 AM »

if you want a more sinister looking blade , get yourself the regular heavy grade blade. i have one on my dominix v2 in the blazing red and i think it looks awesome. i prefer them over the ultra edge blades , but thats just my opinion.

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:47:49 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, I just might give that a try!

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »

Its here!!! Will post my review tonight. It is sweet cant wait to see what you all think about it. Grin Cool

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:55:20 PM »

Ooooooh, I can't wait.  Will check back later!!

swam
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:29 AM »

saber prevents cavities and tooth decay.... with decapitation and carbon freezing.

PadawanCen
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »

Oh goodness I love the look of the War Glaive! Unless the new sabers that come out when orders go back up completely blow it away it will probably be my first ever saber. Those are some good pictures, I especially like the SRD on it!

"I am neither Jedi nor Sith. I am a student of the Force, nothing more or less."

Saber wish list:
"Equitas"- Consular with Obsidian Sound: Consular Green
"Corazon"- War Glaive with Obsidian Sound: Guardian Blue

Owned Sabers:
None Sad

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 02:20:58 AM »

EXCELLENT REVIEW.  I ordered the Dark War Glaive with silver claws, red of course, mls, li-lon batteries and obsidian sound board.  Its due here on the 21st.  will try and upload some pics as well.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 02:32:36 AM »

Does anyone else think that a slightly smaller War Glave emitter would look awesome as a saber pommel?

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »

Got the Dark War Glaive with silver claws today-1 day early.  I have to admit, I think it is my favorite...and the gray keeps getting darker.  Will attempt to upload the pic. 

Hmmm, Well that didn't work.  I guess I'll have to read up on how to submit a photo from my computer. 

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: