Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Luke ANH removable blade force fx conversion?  (Read 1527 times)
Caiwyn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 23, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »

shop.starwars.com is currently taking orders for a new force fx saber with a removable blade, modeled after Luke's in ANH.  I just ordered one, and I was wondering:

1. Would it be possible to convert this saber to use an ultraedge heavy dueling blade, considering its similarity to the Anakin ROTS saber?

2. If so, would it be possible to order a custom-length blade? I practice martial arts with a bokken that has a 28-inch blade and would like to replicate that.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »

Well, I am not part of the US staff, but I can try to help you with this one. Since the new sabers are, well, new, it is kind of hard to say wheter or not you can perform a customization. Well, of course you can do one, but I think the more pressing matter at hand would be really not knowing of the measurements and technical aspects of the saber itself. If it is the same inside diameter as the other sabers, then a US blade could be used. If bigger, well, you can find ways to make it sit right, and if smaller, well, you could always sand the bottom of the blade. Since it has a removable blade though, that makes it a little tricky. Not really sure how it removes, as in what knob or screw or even what motion you use to take the blade off. Usually with a US, you put the blade inside and hold it down with a retention screw. A retention screw isnt hard to install into a metal hilt, well, if you know what you are doing. As for the LED inside it, thats another issue. To my knowledge, no one has really seen the saber, so guessing where to put the new module is just guessing right now. I could be wrong though. Either way, when they come out and we can actually see them first hand, then I am sure conversions will be offered pretty soon. Not speaking for them, but, US is very quick and efficient when it comes to these things. So, I am sure pretty sure you will be able to get it battle ready. That of course being that the saber itself can hold up to it. Not sure the quality work that is going into the new Hasbro sabers. Never personally been a fan. As for the blade length, US can do that for you. Just need to ask them. Luke's ANH hilt may not exactly have the length of a hilt you are used too, though. But, I am sure it will be pretty close to it. The hilts are usually 11-12 inches long.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: