Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Seriously?  (Read 6809 times)
Hero58
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »

Ok...seriously? SERIOUSLY!?

People say that this so called "HyperBlade" is way better then UltraSabers for dueling.

Seriously?

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:12 PM »

Ok...seriously? SERIOUSLY!?

People say that this so called "HyperBlade" is way better then UltraSabers for dueling.

Seriously?

Before anyone goes. On about this, this is a HUGE sore spot in the saber community. Most of you haven't been around long enough to even know one iotta about this, so please keep this topic as politically correct as you can. There will be no bashing of anything or anyone, or this thread will be locked and subsequently deleted.

Let's just say that Ultrasabers is much more superior and leave it at that.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:04 PM »

That's the way it is, when something's successful, everyone wants to compare their product to others and say that theirs is better. Just watch tv commercials. "Our soap gets you cleaner than theirs." "Our food tastes better." etc. It doesn't mean it's necessarily true, it's just a marketing technique.

I don't know if that's what this is though, so now I'm going to shut up and head back to my corner.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

That's the way it is, when something's successful, everyone wants to compare their product to others and say that theirs is better. Just watch tv commercials. "Our soap gets you cleaner than theirs." "Our food tastes better." etc. It doesn't mean it's necessarily true, it's just a marketing technique.

I don't know if that's what this is though, so now I'm going to shut up and head back to my corner.....

No, I think you're absolutely right! That is the tactic of about any competitor.

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

Like I just mentioned in the thread: "Why did I choose Ultrasabers?"
EVERYONE is comparing theyre sabers to Ultrasabers, it has a reason why they do that Cheesy
For those, who don't got it..
Ultrasabers just set the Lightsaber level to a high standard.. and everyone wants to achieve this standard or even strike a higher goal..

HyperBlade isnt better.. and you know why?
Because they use 3 LED strings INSIDE of the blade.. what means -> If you hit TOO hard.. they will break of course.. what will have the result, that some parts of your lightsaber wont be lighted anymore..

result..?
Take this as example:
|____||o||_|                                                             )
Got it? Wink

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

ATeligent
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 02:52:42 AM »

I think as long as Ultra sabers continues to dominate the saber industry then their will always be hecklers among the competition. I've heard about hyperblades and seen a few, and while they seem a touch brighter than Ultra sabers blades, that's only because the LEDs run up the blade. Ultra sabers has almost the equal amount of brightness and is 4x as durable.

Why can't they just accept that Ultra know what he's doing when he made these, lol.

There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There is only the Force
I will do what I must in order to keep the balance
The balance is what keeps me together
There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
There is passion, yet emotion
Serenity, yet peace
Chaos, yet order
I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance
I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance
I am a guardian of balance
I am a Gray Jedi

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »

I think there's room for debate there. Are there sabers better than ultrasabers overall? No, not that I've seen (I've only ever bought from US, Hasbro or MR... I ATTEMPTED to purchase a Saber Forge lightsaber THREE TIMES but failes and gave up, so while i cant say anything about their actual products I can say that US' service is better..)

I think that if you want a super bright blade with an intricate hilt for display purposes, yes, you could certainly find one better than Ultrasabers for a price. But for most of us, we're not going to be happy with a two hundred and some dollar saber just collecting dust and losing value. If you want to actually use your lightsaber, there isnt anything better than what they put out here, and the price is right too.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 05:55:26 AM »

Agreed

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 07:46:44 AM »

You know, I'd have to say that Ultrasabers is better than Hyperblade just in terms of business. I've been on the internet for a long time, and THE name in lightsabers is, and should rightly so be, Master Replicas/Force FX. Afterall, they have the backing from Hasbro and LucasArts. After that, you have Ultrasabers and that is nothing but Pure word of mouth(except for that one commercial) and good business. Graflex is out there just because of the awesome if unaffordable work they've done, and the rest is just, well, there. It's obscure. I'm not even sure what "Hyberblade" is. Are they the guys that use actual glass blades for their sabers or is that someone else?

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »

I'm not even sure what "Hyberblade" is. Are they the guys that use actual glass blades for their sabers or is that someone else?

-Nah.. they make very bright blades.. they are too bright to get filmed with an camera.. all you can see is a very huge white spot in the video..
(very useless for making videos)
-They use the same method as the Hasbro sabers.. but.. they use 3 LED strings instead of 1..
(Making them as well useless for battling)
-They use the same blade concept like Ultrasabers.. what makes them NOT better then US.. since they just stole the idea.. :/

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

ShadowKatt
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 05:29:36 PM »

-Nah.. they make very bright blades.. they are too bright to get filmed with an camera.. all you can see is a very huge white spot in the video..
(very useless for making videos)
-They use the same method as the Hasbro sabers.. but.. they use 3 LED strings instead of 1..
(Making them as well useless for battling)
-They use the same blade concept like Ultrasabers.. what makes them NOT better then US.. since they just stole the idea.. :/

Gotcha. So who was it that actually had plasma blades?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: