Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A most dreadful revenge  (Read 5179 times)
Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »

A Most Dreadful Revenge
A Star Wars Fan Fic by Rina Ascura, in which Darth Vader receives an important lesson.

Sorry for bad grammar, this is my first English translation of my fan fiction.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

But if I get caught, well, sucks to be me.

The Code of the Sith, with the Most Ancient and Important Unofficial Addendum.

Captain Needa knew that the most probable consequence of his failure shall be death. He also knew that, nevertheless, he should find a convincing explanation of failure. And he also knew that Dark Lord can choose not to restrain himself…
And this knowledge did not console him at all when he fell, stretched, on a trellised floor of a corridor, reaching for his throat and his face felt the touch of a black boot.

"Apologies are accepted, Captain Needa" - a polite deep voice boomed way above his head.

And darkness fell.

Some hours later six Imperial officers gathered in a dimly lit cargo hold of the Super Star Destroyer Executor. Apparently, it was a secret meeting, and those dared to attend were fairly nervous. Admiral Firmus Piett bit a lip; the commander of the Executor's engine room, Captain Agenar, beat a nervous staccato with his fingers on his tightened belt. The commander of the deck fighter squadron walked to and fro, from a box to a box, measuring almost a meter each step. The commander of cannon decks and the ship system administrator looked around in fear, and only Captain Tomino, the ship's quartermaster, sat on a box with oxygen candles, relaxed, cast away on a wall and drawing a smoke from his carababba cigarra.

"Gentlemen!" - Admiral Piett began his improvised speech. "I have gathered you here so that we could decide together what to do. Only you five I trust enough to not be afraid that someone will report my seditious speeches".

He sustained a theatrical pause, deeply inhaled and continued:

"Lord Vader is raging. He chokes our comrades one after another. To admit, when we lost Ozzel, I was glad: I hated the man. But now we have lost Needa. Enemies whom the Dark Lord hunts are still at large, and who knows on whom he will decide to break the anger next time. Perhaps, on me. Or on someone of you."
"But what can we do?" - Captain Agenar asked. - "Simulate illness? Lay down in the infirmary and push the responsibility on some subordinates of ours? All six of us together? No, it's beyond ridiculous."
"Are you suggesting us to defect to the Rebels?" - the commander of cannon decks angrily asked.
"Choose your words, Captain, and don't speak nonsense" - Piett answered. "I couldn't imagine such a possibility".

Then old Tomino spoke. He was already over seventy, he remembered perfectly both the Naboo Crisis and all the Clone Wars, and he was overdue for an honorable resignation. And he already should be a Vice Admiral at his age. But it turned out that Tomino's was an unlucky career, because he couldn't speak politely to his superiors. He liked to speak frankly, to tell the truth, to state everything he thought about his superiors to their faces. Such a direct mas was Tomino, without even a drop of subtlety. With one small, but important exception: he liked to play cruel practical jokes to those of his superiors who treated him unfairly and offended him. With such a set of quirks, it was not surprising that Tomino was a captain, but that he wasn't a lieutenant was.

"And I think that Vader has gone too far" - Tomino said. - "We all are just cowardly womp-rats, and in vain we hide from him in holes, afraid of our own shadows. We must obey him, but we should do it by the book, according to the old good code of naval service. And to him, I see, the book does not apply. It is known that only fools scoff at the naval codes and charters, cause they are written in blood of those who ignore them..." - the quartermaster spoke judiciously.
"You're a daredevil, Tomino" - Agenar answered. "However, at your age it's no wonder. You have had enough of a long, happy life, and it's time to take a ride down the dead man's chute, isn't it?"
Tomino took a drag of his cigarra, exhaled a fragrant smoke smelling of shuura, and smiled.
"And you, I see, are not" - he answered. "Snap out of it and do not panic, gentlemen. I know how to teach Vader a good lesson. No one will get anything, I guarantee it, and our big black pain in the rear will become a happy camper, and a polite one to boot.
"Tell us!" - Admiral Piett ordered.
"I need some implements and some of your help. Captain Agenar, you're selling reactor grade helium-3 on the black market, aren't you? No, don't get riled, it not an accusation, it's an idea. From you I need a cylinder of helium which isn't in the cargo database and without an inventory code, as the entirety of my storage is all controlled and chipped. Well, not the entirety. I've got some blue paint which has been written off yesterday as shrinkage and spillage, and I'll use it to recolour the cylinder as one of oxygen..."

The officers exchanged glances simulataneously. Their hearts pounded with a mixed feeling - fifty percent of fear, fifty of mischievous anticipation. They at once understood what cruel, ironical prank was conceived by Captain Tomino.

SSD Executor hurtled through hyperspace. Lord Vader stood on the bridge, peering afar through a thick transparisteel plate. He found the madly dancing blue calming, while normal people always felt uneasiness and headaches after gazing into it. He was thinking about his suddenly discovered son, who he always thought to be dead before birth. Under its black helmet stormed a frantic whirlwind of thoughts and questions, and even hyperspace wasn't calming any more: he desired action, walking in wide steps, pursuing the young man whom he never knew.
"Enough, that's enough" - Darth Vader thought to itself. "Any more of that, and I'll go mad. I should meditate... "
He strode briskly to the pressure chamber built for meditations. The ship's corridors were almost deserted, only the log officers and technicians were awake: the stormtroopers were sleeping uneasily, the next watch was having their last hour of sleep, and nobody crossed the way of the Dark Lord of the Sith. He entered the pressure chamber, sat in a meditative pose and pushed a button. The dome of a pressure chamber lowered, soft lamps lighted up, pumps hissed, replacing standard ship air with almost pure oxygen specially prepared for him, and a clamp slowly stretched downwards to remove the infamous, dreaded black helmet.

At first, Darth Vader did not realize what was wrong. He performed measured breaths and exhalations - by himself, unassisted by life support machinery - but he did not feel fresh air. Here it was stuffy, strangely stuffy. A minute later he felt odd: dizziness afflicted him, and his weak-sighted eyes saw a thin lilac haze.
"There is no oxygen" - he understood. "Instead of it pure inert gas was injected. A malfunction, or, perhaps, someone has tampered with my chamber!.."
His meditative trance was swept away. He pressed the button convulsively, submitting a command: get the helmet back on, immediately, and open the pressure chamber! But the treacherous mechanism had another surprise for the Dark Lord. The clamp holding his respiratory mouthpiece froze midway to Darth Vader's face, and the next moment, lights went out. The pressure chamber was blacked out.

"Sabotage! No, AN ATTEMPT!!! " - Vader understood at once. He was in a trap. But, fortunately, the unknown saboteur obviously did not expect that the Sith shall use the Force. He had to use the Force to save himself and punish the bastard who did it; was that a Rebel assassin or a disgruntled bottle-mate of some crony he strangled, it mattered not. There wasn't time to guess: he had to save himself from the grave danger first. But how?
Vader concentrated, trying telekinesis to pull the details of his mask free from the gripping clamps and force open the dome. He failed: maybe it was the famous quality of Imperial engineering, maybe his concentration was too weak from asphyxia. He heard ringing in his ears, the dizziness became untolerable. What could he do? Force the damn automatics to work properly? But Vader did not know electrokinesis. Call watchmen to the aid with telepathy? But he could not remember who was right now on Watch Post 13, nearest to its pressure chamber. Finally, he got an idea. Once again he tried to concentrate and used the technique which he always used to treat his burnt lungs - only this time he concentrated all Force available to him on his half-dead vocal chords, idle for many years. And they responded: it seemed that now, for some minutes, he could once again speak not in the hated mechanical basso, but in the voice of Anakin Skywalker. The Sith Lord activated the radio communication system of his suit. It was a primitive analog device, designed to speak in the vacuum of space. It was not a HoloNet modem, and he couldn't call the watch terminal - but it was possible to contact the emergency intercom of the ship. Darth Vader switched the radio to the intercom frequency with a single click and bellowed as loud as he could:

"Watch Post 13! To the pressure chamber, immediately, with a med..."

... And stopped short. From his throat came out not the voice of Anakin Skywalker. From his throat came out a high pitched, plaintive squeak worthy only of a kiddy cartoon character.
Darth Vader understood everything at last. He was breathing helium.
-... With a medic... And plasma jaws of life... - he finished even more pathetically.

The intercom readily broadcast this thin, ridiculous voice over the entire ship, and the crew has woken up, as if on command. No one yet realized what it was; the stormtroopers thought that it was just the next dream about their childhoods that passed not so long ago, about Mom's pies, about the lovely girl from the next class (will she wait for her boy to return?...), and animated Holonet cartoons every week. The next watch stirred in their sleep, muttering something. Darth Vader's radio was silent.

- Watch Post 13! - screamed Vader. He was already on the verge of passing out, he fell backwards, hardly remaining in consciousness. The fearsome strangler was dying of asphyxiation, begging for help in a tiny, plaintive voice, not dreadful at all.
Now that was the irony.
Now that was a killing joke by Captain Tomino, the king of jokers.

- What the kark? - the radio finally responded in a cursing voice of the watchman. - Who is there, motherkriffer, doodling with the emergency system? Who's that sleemo who smuggled a Gungan aboard?
- Watch Post 13, it's me! Darth Vader! It is really me! I am stuck in a pressure chamber full of helium, I'm dying withoit air! I have nothing to breathe! Help!

And then Darth Vader felt in the Force a thousand hearts pounding in unison and a thousand souls singing in a chorus of pure schadenfreude. The Sith Lord was crushed on the floor with intolerable shame, and the crew of SSD Executor was gleefully laughing. Watchmen and their next replacements laughed, sleepy officers laughed at cabins, as if some mysterious Jedi set them free of the chains of fear with a single wave of his nahd. The stormtroopers were laughing out loud, banging heads at next cots above, cannoneers and aimers were rolling on their bedsheets, and even a small mouse droid, forgotten by someone in a hangar, vibrated finely. And most loudly laughed the six officers, participants of a recent secret meeting. The timid and unsociable system administrator chuckled in his fist, Captain Agenar brayed crudely, Admiral Piett, who did not sleep at all, waiting for this precious moment, grabbed the gun deck commander in an embrace, and they danced the Jib-Jig, a dance both cheerful and frivolous. And only the old quartermaster, Captain Tomino, did not laugh. He half closed his eyes and smiled in his long mustache to his own joke - the best joke of all his naval career.

Darth Vader regained awareness in an infirmary. On his face the habitual mask has lowered, the pump started, emitting the infamous frightening sound of breath. But now nobody on SSD Executor found him so terrible. Nobody could take Darth Vader seriously any more. The medical droid backed off, and a crowd of officers led by Admiral Piett rushed in. They started started talking in eager rivalry:

"Lord Vader, I am so happy, that your life is safe..."
"... It is disgusting sabotage..."
"... Undoubtedly, the Rebels are behind it..."
"... We shall cruelly punish them!"

"SILENCE!!!" - Vader roared, quickly getting up, in a booming basso that seemed so alien and hated to him yesterday, and so his own and welcomed right now. He could feel the emotions of everone present. All these officers, without distinction, both those in the surgical bay and those crowded in the corridor - all of them were still chuckling with schadenfreude deep inside, and all their assurance and oathes of loyalty were damn lies and flattery. A wave of crimson anger engulfed the Sith Lord. He made a wide gesture forward with his hand.
"The one who did it will now step forward and confess" - he stated in cold rage, waving a hand before eyes of officers. But the Dark Lord wasn't good enough with mind tricks to affect all these ten or twenty men at once and compel them to do something obviously suicidal. Nobody obeyed, everyone was busy averting eyes and putting on a shaakish grin.
Vader clenched his fists. He wanted to straggle these crafty muttonheads one after another, slowly and painfully.

- Lord Vader, shall I report to His Imperial Majesty on this shocking attempt? - Piett asked.

And now Darth Vader felt like a bucket of icy cold water was emptied over his head. One mention of the Master forced him to droop at once. If Palpatine learns about what happened... He will not console, he will not forgive, he will not give wise advice. He will start giggling with more mischief than these mean blockheads could muster, nearly falling off his throne, and he will squeeze out through laughter, will utter with disobeying lips the Most Ancient and Most Important Unofficial Addendum to the Code of the Sith.

"But if I get caught, well, sucks to be me."

"Obi-Wan would give advice... " - Vader thought suddenlt. - " Yoda would console. And he would laugh, but with nary a shade of gloating, and so infectiously that I would want to laugh together with him. Where is he now, I wonder?"
He felt terrible shame.

"Fine" - finally said Vader. - "I offer you a bargain. You do not inform anybody who does not serve on "Executor", and especially the Emperor, what happened here. Relay the same order to your subordinates. Anyone who will try to stir rumors, or post a funny story in the HoloNet, should be shot on spot.  And in exchange for it I shall not harm you, and onwards I shall try to address you all with fairness and respect. Agreed?"
"Agreed" - Captain Tomino answered, smiling slyly. - "What happens on SSD Executor, stays on SSD Executor".

Lando stood near the board, frantically hitting ths switch, when has heard an accrueing victorious roar. The G-Force has knocked him down, but he had time to see the pale stars turn to thin strips of light. The Millenium Falcon escaped Bespin with Luke on board.

Darth Vader looked in a window, remaining silent. He stared into a bottomless precipice of space where an instant ago there was a ship. Admiral Piett and the new captain of "Punishment" stood beside, but they had no fear. Piett had clearly and unambiguously let Vader know that his men were not responsible for the failure, and hoped for fair treatment. And his hope was not in vain.

Darth Vader wasn't thinking of them. More precisely, he was thinking not of them. The officers did what they could - so let them go back to their duties. He turned and silently strode away from the bridge; the black cloak waved in rhythm to his heavy tired steps.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:20:44 PM »

Very nice indeed.

Rina...I have some experience out in the world.  Being 47 and having moved around a bunch during my 21yrs in the military I ran into many people who were not originally from the United States.

Your grammar and syntax, is quite good.  I would never have guessed that you were texting/typing from Russia.

There are subtle nuances that many Americans fail to grasp when applied to creative writing and yet your posts and this story are evidence that you do not suffer from this aspect.

You write as if you were stateside and were born to the language/culture. If you are Russian and are indeed still in Russia then this story takes another level of appreciation in my book.

A simple thing, telling a story.

Not so easy is telling a story to another in their own language and in a manner that makes them feel at home.

Well done indeed.

Point for you my friend.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25:22 PM »

In case someone doubts that I'm Russian and never was abroad, here is the original text of the fanfic, which is so much better.

Страшная месть
(фанфик по "Звездным войнам", автор Рина Аскура)

Вместо эпиграфа:

"Спокойствие — ложь, есть только страсть.
Со Страстью я приобретаю Силу.
С Силой я приобретаю Власть.
С Властью я приобретаю Победу.
С Победой я разорву свои цепи,
И Великая Сила освободит меня.
Но если я попадусь, то я сам себе злобный хатт."

Кодекс Ситхов, с Древнейшим и Важнейшим Неофициальным Постскриптумом.

Капитан Нида знал, что наиболее вероятным последствием его неудачи может оказаться смерть. Также он знал, что, тем не менее, ему придется найти убедительное объяснение неудачи. И что Темный Лорд может и не сдержаться…
И это предварительное знание вовсе не утешало его, когда он растянулся на решетчатом полу коридора, хватаясь за горло и тычась лицом в черный сапог.

- Извинения приняты, капитан Нида - прогудел сверху предельно вежливый низкий голос.

Пала тьма.

Несколько часов спустя шестеро имперских офицеров собралось в неосвещенном грузовом отсеке звездного суперразрушителя "Исполнитель". Очевидно, это было тайное собрание, и осмелившиеся явиться на него изрядно нервничали. Адмирал Фирмус Пиетт кусал губу; командир машинного отделения "Исполнителя" капитан Агенар нервно барабанил пальцами по туго затянутому ремню. Командир эскадрильи палубных истребителей шагал из стороны в сторону, от ящика к ящику, отмеряя чуть ли не по метру каждым шагом. Командир орудийных палуб и корабельный системный администратор озирались по сторонам, и только корабельный квартирмейстер капитан Томино расслабленно сидел на ящике с кислородными свечами, откинувшись на стену и потягивая дымок карабаббовой сигарры.

- Господа офицеры - сбиваясь, начал импровизированную речь адмирал Пиетт. - Я собрал вас здесь, чтобы мы могли вместе решить, что делать. Только вам пятерым я доверяю достаточно, чтобы не бояться, что кто-то донесет мои крамольные речи.

Он выдержал театральную паузу, глубоко вдохнул и продолжил:

- Лорд Вейдер разбушевался. Он душит наших товарищей одного за другим. Признаться, когда погиб Оззель, я был рад: я терпеть его не мог. Но теперь мы лишились Нииды. Враги, за которыми охотится лорд, все еще летают где-то там, и кто знает, на ком он решит сорвать свой гнев следующим. Может быть, на мне. Или на ком-то из вас.
- Но что мы можем сделать? - спросил капитан Агенар. - Сказаться больными? Лечь в лазарет и спихнуть ответственность на кого-то из подчиненных? Все вшестером? Нет, это даже не смешно.
- Уж не к повстанцам ли вы предлагаете нам перебежать? - зло спросил командир орудийных палуб.
- Выбирайте выражения, капитан, и не говорите глупостей - сквозь зубы ответил Пиетт. - Мне и в голову такое не могло прийти.

Тут заговорил старик Томино. Ему было уже под семьдесят, он помнил прекрасно и кризис на Набу, и всю Войну Клонов, и ему давно надо было отправляться в почетную отставку. И еще ему в его года давно уже надо было бы быть вице-адмиралом. Но так получилось, что Томино не везло с карьерой: не любило его начальство. Он был большой любитель откровенно говорить правду в глаза, высказывать начальству всё, что думал о нём. Прямой человек был Томино, без всякой подлинки. За одним маленьким, но важным исключением: любил он подшучивать зло над несправедливыми командирами, если те его глубоко обижали. С таким набором качеств не было удивительно, что Томино капитан, а скорее было удивительно то, что он не лейтенант.

- А я считаю, что Вейдер зарвался - сказал Томино. - А мы все трусливые вомп-крысы и совершенно зря прячемся от него по норам, опасаясь своих же теней. Мы обязаны подчиняться ему, но мы обязаны делать это по уставу, по старым добрым законам флотской службы - а ему, извольте видеть, устав не писан. Известно, кому он не писан... - рассудительно закончил квартирмейстер.
- Вы смельчак, Томино - ответил Агенар. - Впрочем, в вашем возрасте это и неудивительно. Покоптил небо, пора и на покойницкую катапульту.
Томино затянулся сигаррой, выдохнул ароматный дым, отдушенный шуурой, и улыбнулся.
- А вы, я вижу, нет - ответил он. - Бросьте и не паникуйте, господа офицеры. Я знаю, как поставить Вейдера на место. Никто ничего не поймет, я гарантирую это, а наш большой черный гембель присмиреет и притихнет. Поверьте старику.
- Рассказывайте! - приказал адмирал Пиетт.
- Мне нужно всего ничего. Капитан Агенар, вы ведь приторговываете налево реакторным гелием-3? Не надо, не лезьте в баллон, это не обвинение, а идея. Мне от вас нужен баллон с гелием, не стоящий на баланце, без инвентарного номера - мои-то все переписаны. Ну, а у меня найдется немного голубой краски, списанной не ранее, как вчера по усушке и утруске, дабы перекрасить его в кислородный...

Офицеры переглянулись, не сговариваясь. Их сердца мгновенно и одновременно защемило в смешанном чувстве - пятьдесят процентов страха, пятьдесят - злорадного предвкушения. Они сразу поняли, какую жестокую, ироническую шутку задумал капитан Томино.

"Исполнитель" несся через гиперпространство. Лорд Вейдер стоял на мостике, всматриваясь вдаль через толстую транспаристальную плиту переднего обзора. Он находил успокаивающей безумную пляску синевы прямо по курсу, от которой у нормальных людей начинала болеть голова и становилось не по себе. Он думал о беглом корабле, о внезапно нашедшемся сыне, которого всю жизнь считал умершим до рождения. Под его черным шлемом бушевал бесконтрольный наплыв мыслей, и даже гиперпространство уже не успокаивало: ему хотелось действовать, идти широкими шагами в погоню за этим юношей, которого он никогда не знал.
"Всё, хватит" - сказал себе Дарт Вейдер. "Так и с ума сойти можно. Я должен помедитировать..."
Он развернулся и быстрым шагом направился в свою барокамеру для медитаций. Вокруг было безлюдно, на ногах были только вахтенные офицеры и техники: штурмовики спали тревожным сном, досыпали последний час подвахтенные, и никто не встретился на пути темному лорду ситхов. Он вошел в барокамеру, сел в позу для медитации и нажал кнопку. Купол барокамеры опустился, внутри загорелись неяркие лампы, зашипели насосы, заменяя стандартный корабельный воздух на специально приготовленный для него почти чистый кислород, и медленно пополз вниз манипулятор, чтобы снять с ситха-киборга знаменитый, грозный черный шлем.

Дарт Вейдер не сразу понял, что не так. Он делал размеренные вдохи и выдохи - сам, без помощи приборов поддержки жизни - но не чувствовал облегчения. Здесь было душно, странно душно. Минуту спустя он почувствовал ощутимое недомогание: голова закружилась, перед подслеповатыми глазами встала полупрозрачная лиловая мгла.
"Нет кислорода" - понял он. "Вместо него подан чистый инертный газ. Или сбой в оборудовании, или диверсия..."
Медитативный транс смело как крутотёром. Он судорожно нажал на кнопку, подавая команду: собрать шлем, немедленно, и открыть барокамеру! Но коварный механизм подстроил темному лорду ещё одну неожиданность. Манипулятор с дыхательным загубником приблизился к лицу Дарта Вейдера наполовину и застыл, а в следующее мгновение погас свет. Барокамера была обесточена.

"Диверсия! Нет, ПОКУШЕНИЕ!!!" - сразу все понял Вейдер. Он был в ловушке. Но, к счастью, неведомый диверсант явно не рассчитывал на то, что ситх использует Силу. Он должен был использовать Силу, чтобы спастись и покарать мерзавца, кто бы он ни был: повстанческий агент-убийца или закадычный собутыльник кого-то из задушенных. Не время сейчас гадать: надо спастись от смертельной опасности. Но как?
Вейдер сосредоточился, пытаясь телекинезом вырвать из манипуляторов детали своей маски и вскрыть купол. Ничего не поддалось: то ли имперское качество, работа на совесть, то ли это его концентрация так ослабла от удушья. В ушах уже звенело, голова кружилась нестерпимо. Что ещё можно сделать? Заставить проклятую автоматику работать нормально? Но Вейдер не владел электрокинезом. Телепатически вызвать вахтенных на помощь? Но он даже не помнил, кто сейчас заступил на вахту номер 13, ближайшую к его барокамере. Наконец, его озарило. Он вновь попытался сосредоточиться и использовал ту самую технику, которой пытался исцелить свои обожженные легкие - только на этот раз он сконцентрировал всю доступную ему Силу на своих полумертвых, годами не звучавших голосовых связках. И они ответили: кажется, сейчас, какие-то ближайшие минуты, он снова сможет говорить не постылым механическим басом, а голосом Энакина Скайуокера. Ситх активизировал систему радиосвязи своего костюма - простейшую, аналоговую, предназначенную для того, чтобы говорить в открытом космосе. Это не был модем Голонета, с его помощью.нельзя было позвонить на вахтенный терминал - но можно было связаться с аварийным аналоговым селектором корабля. Дарт Вейдер одним нажатием переключил свое переговорное устройство на частоту аварийного селектора и рявкнул, что было мочи:

- Тринадцатая вахта! К барокамере, быстро, с меди...

... и осекся. Из его горла вырывался не голос Энакина Скайуокера. Из его горла вырывалось высокое, жалобное пищание, скорее приличествовавшее бы какой-нибудь детской мультяшке.
Дарт Вейдер всё понял. Он дышал гелием.
- ...медиком... и спасательным... резаком... - ещё более жалобно закончил он.

Селектор исправно озвучил этот тоненький, смешной голосок по всему кораблю, и экипаж проснулся, как по команде. Никто ещё не понял, что это было; штурмовики подумали, что им снится очередной сон о недавнем детстве, о маминых пирогах, о милой девочке из параллельного класса (дождется ли?..) и мультиках по Голонету каждую неделю. Подвахтенные заворочались, бурча что-то. Ответа не было.

- Тринадцатая вахта! - возопил Вейдер. Ему уже было совсем плохо, и он упал навзничь, с трудом оставаясь в сознании. Страшный душитель умирал от удушья, моля о помощи совсем не страшным, жалобным голоском.
Вот это была ирония.
Вот это шутник был капитан Томино. Всем шутникам шутник.

- Какого карка? - раздался наконец в ответ бранчливый голос вахтенного. - Кто там, мать ваша хатт, балуется? Какой слимо притащил на борт гунгана?
- Тринадцатая вахта, это я! Дарт Вейдер! Это правда я! Я заперт в барокамере с гелием, я задыхаюсь! Мне нечем дышать! Помогите!

И тут Дарт Вейдер ощутил в Силе, как тысячи сердец в унисон забились чаще и тысячи душ запели в хоре чистого злорадства. Ситх корчился на полу от нестерпимого позора, а экипаж "Исполнителя" радостно смеялся. Смеялись вахтенные и подвахтенные, смеялись сонные офицеры в каютах, словно мановением руки неведомого джедая с них спали тяжелые цепи страха. Надрывали животики штурмовики, бьясь головами о койки соседей сверху, катались по простыням канониры и наводчики, и даже маленький, забытый кем-то в ангаре мышиный дроид мелко вибрировал. А громче всех смеялись шестеро офицеров, участники недавней тайной встречи. Прыскал в кулачок застенчивый и нелюдимый сисадмин, реготал, как дурной, командир машинного отделения капитан Агенар, командир орудийных палуб и адмирал Пиетт, глаз не сомкнувшие в ожидании заветного момента, обнявшись, заплясали в кают-компании буйную джигу-дрыгу, танец веселый, но немного фривольный. И только старый квартирмейстер капитан Томино не смеялся. Он, прищурившись, улыбался в длинный ус собственной шутке - лучшей шутке за всю его флотскую карьеру.

Дарт Вейдер пришел в себя в лазаре

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »

те. На его лицо опустилась привычная маска, и заработал насос, издавая знаменитое устрашающее дыхание. Но теперь оно уже никому на "Исполнителе" не казалось таким страшным. Никто уже не мог воспринимать Дарта Вейдера всерьёз. Медицинский дроид подался назад, и в операционную ворвались офицеры во главе с адмиралом Пиеттом. Они наперебой заговорили:

- Лорд Вейдер, я счастлив, что вам удалось спастись...
- ...это омерзительная диверсия...
- ...без сомнения, повстанцы...
- ... жестоко покараем!

- МОЛЧАТЬ!!! - взревел Вейдер, вскакивая, гулким басом, еще вчера чужим и ненавистным, а сейчас внезапно показавшимся таким родным. Он прекрасно ощущал эмоции всех собравшихся. Все без исключения офицеры, и вошедшие в операционную, и толпившиеся в коридоре лазарета - все они все еще внутри похохатывали от злорадства, и все их заверения и клятвы в верности, в которых они сейчас рассыпались, не стоили и выеденного яйца. На ситха накатила волна багрового гнева. Он выбросил вперед руку.
- Тот, кто это сделал, сейчас выйдет вперед и сознается - тихо, медленно сказал он, проводя рукой перед глазами офицеров. Но темный лорд не настолько хорошо владел искусством ментальных фокусов, чтобы повлиять на всех этих десять, двадцать человек сразу и заставить сделать очевидно самоубийственную глупость. Никто не послушался, все пялились на него понурыми взглядами, выдавливая на лица безмозглые шаачьи улыбочки.
Вейдер сжал кулаки. Ему захотелось здесь и сейчас начать душить этих лукавых остолопов по одному, медленно и мучительно.

- Лорд Вейдер, прикажете доложить Его Императорскому Величеству об этом возмутительном покушении? - спросил Пиетт.

И тут Дарта Вейдера как ледяной водой окатило. Одно упоминание учителя сразу же заставило его сникнуть. Если Палпатин узнает... О нет, он не пожалеет, не успокоит, не даст мудрого совета. Он захихикает злораднее всех этих гнусных олухов и, чуть не упав с трона, выдавит сквозь смех, выговорит непослушными губами Древнейший и Важнейший Неофициальный Постскриптум к Кодексу Ситхов.

"Но если я попадусь, то я сам себе злобный хатт."

"А Оби-Ван дал бы совет..." - внезапно подумал Вейдер. - "Йода бы успокоил. Посмеялся бы, но не зло, а так, что захотелось бы засмеяться вместе с ним. Где-то он сейчас..."
Ему стало нестерпимо стыдно.

- Вот что - сказал наконец Вейдер. - Я предлагаю вам договор. Вы ни за что не сообщаете никому, кто не служит на "Исполнителе", а особенно Императору, что здесь произошло. И подчиненным спускаете такой же приказ. Кто захочет пустить слух, или выложить корку в Голонет - расстрел на месте. А в обмен на это вам ничего не будет, и впредь я постараюсь обращаться со всеми вами предельно честно и справедливо. Договорились?
- Договорились - прищурившись, ответил капитан Томино. - Что происходит на "Исполнителе" - остается на "Исполнителе".

Ландо стоял возле пульта, переключая все, что попадалось под руку, когда услышал нарастающий победный рев. Перегрузка сбила его с ног, но он успел заметить, как побледневшие звезды превратились в тонкие полосы света. "Тысячелетний Сокол" с Люком на борту ушел с Беспина.

Дарт Вейдер молча смотрел в иллюминатор. В бездонную пропасть пространства, где мгновение назад находился корабль. Адмирал Пиетт и новый капитан «Возмездия» стояли рядом, но страха на их лицах не было. Пиетт ясно и недвусмысленно дал понять, что вины его людей в произошедшем не было, и надеялся на справедливое обращение. И надеялся не зря.

Дарт Вейдер не думал о них. Точнее — думал не о них. Господа офицеры сделали что могли - так пусть возвращаются к своим обязанностям. Он повернулся и по-прежнему молча ушел с мостика; черный плащ тяжело колыхался в такт грузным усталым шагам.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 04:43:31 PM »

Lol...there was no insult intended my friend  Smiley

Quite the opposite, any insult is reversed upon our most often single language laziness.

I have always found the whole of Slavic culture to be enticing, especially azbuka characters.  Is it proper to say Azbuka or should it be Cyrillic?  Either way, for me I am a fan.

Азбука, к мудрости ступенька
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 05:20:04 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

In modern times, the word azbuka usually means the ABC book, rather than the alphabet like in olde times. It's proper to say Cyrillic.

And now more to the point. What about the story?

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »

I like it.

There is much to appreciate.

Taking on a story that includes iconic characters can be problematic, but your effort is clean and it reads familiar.  This aspect of putting the reader at ease is a good sign of proper story telling.

Smiley

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:41:34 PM »

This fic was born of a funny idea I had this morning, while watching helium and SF6 voice changing clips on Youtube: what will happen if Vader breathes helium? Then it evolved into a Thing Stormtrooper SK-11-ppy Is Not Allowed To Do, namely tricking Vader into breathing helium. And then it became this fanfic.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »

I promise I will read this.

For some reason though when Chrome translated it, it jacked up the format, so it's a massive wall of text. Undecided

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »

Uh, there's the English version up there. The original is just for comparison.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 02:55:50 AM »

I like it. It sheds a more human light on the supposed "emotionless and cold" Empire.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 03:45:25 AM »

This was awesome! I found it well-written, and funny, Rina! Because ESB is my fave out of all 6 SW films, it wasn't hard at all to both picture the settings and characters in my head, and see the events as being possible even in canon setting. Really, who would have known about this event? All the Imps on board who knew and could have told someone most likely didn't survive ROTJ. I'm sure this could have been a 5 min deleted scene from ESB though...  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: