Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ##Buying my first light saber  (Read 10340 times)
navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:02 PM »

Initiate blades are 24" long.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »

I would have to say the Initiate blades might be a better bet than the regular, 36 in blades. Just my own opinion though. I like voicing options when it comes to this sort of thing, just because you know, they will be your lightsabers. Your babies, so to speak. Ray's stuff is great and his bo staff techniques are pretty awesome, that is why I look at a lot of his stuff myself, but I have to admit, just because of how I am, I prefer a shorter blade. It makes it a lot easier to handle and use in a duel, and it doesnt get caught up as much on the ground or on obstacles. The Standard Issue hilt is about 12 in. With two that makes 24, of course, then add the 36 in blades and you come out with a saber that is about 8 feet tall. That is about 243 cm. It also makes it kind of troublesome when the middle of the saber is at about 4 feet, so you will have to pick up your arms a bit to not hit things off the ground. Of course, just my preference, but I think it is something handy to know when getting a staff. That is something I learned first hand. You could always ask for a blade length that is better for you that is not 24 or 36, just need to tell UltraSabers about it when you order.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »

I'm gonna testify that the Ultraedge Heavygrade is pretty solid, I just got one for my saber and it retains all the wonderful looks of an Ultraedge while being heavy enough for just about any type of dueling.

About the saber itself, I think it's gonna turn out awesome.  My friend has a SRD standard issue battle staff and he loves it, so I'm sure yours will be amazing as well.  Only thing is, I believe he got the normal staff but with the standard 32" blades and it turned out perfectly, so unless you're pretty tall I'd recommend going that route.  Of course, it's up to you.

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »

I second the 32" blade motion.  They are not on the site anymore, but you can say that you'd like 32" blades in the 'comments' section of your order.  I have a prophecy staff (shorter hilts than what you are looking at) that I actually dual wield with, but as as staff it is GREAT.  Still a longer staff, but it looks great proportionally and I don't have to sacrifice style just to keep my blades from bouncing off the ground.  That extra 8" I gain when I put in 36" blades makes it pretty difficult to wield and I am 6'1" tall.  Again, go with your gut - but that is my experience. 

As far as the 24s (or "initiate" blades), they are for a specialized style or the under 5' crowd.  Doesn't sound like they are for you.

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

DarthDracus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 06:30:23 AM »

I went with letting the force pick my first lightsaber for me Smiley i ordered the grab bag..  it was cheaper....bad idea?HuhHuh this isnt the only lightsaber im gonna buy but for the first one i thought the grab bag wasnt a bad idea....any thoughts?Huh??

im new to this so if any one would be kind enough to fill me in on this i would be so gratefull :]

through fear, there is pain,
through pain, there is strength,
through strength, there is control,
through control, there is power,
through power we bring the masses..-Darth Dracus

Ex Nihilus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -25

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:06 AM »

I went with letting the force pick my first lightsaber for me Smiley i ordered the grab bag..  it was cheaper....bad idea?HuhHuh this isnt the only lightsaber im gonna buy but for the first one i thought the grab bag wasnt a bad idea....any thoughts?Huh??

im new to this so if any one would be kind enough to fill me in on this i would be so gratefull :]

That's a good way to go. In fact, I did the same thing!

Liberator - Arctic Blue
[||___|___|o__|:|:|

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: