Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ideas on Environment Fonts what do u think  (Read 2566 times)
Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« on: January 25, 2013, 03:03:24 AM »

So i was just curious if anyone would be interested in these type of fonts.  I know Madcow has made a Hoth font for PC and i think someone else made a Dagobah font.  I have an idea to make a font with ship and mechanical sounds overlayed in the backround like a Deathstar font or taking place on the bridge of a ship.  I also thought about doing a Tatooine font maybe with Jabba and Sarlac in the backround, so If u have any ideas plz post.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »

I had thought about doing some environmental/element fonts too, but I didn't think of doing some based on starwars locations.  I was just going to try to do some based on the standard elements like fire, ice etc..... I haven't started on any, but have been thinking about doing some when I have the time. I would be greatly interested in what you come up with. Capturing the essence of a location in a font font seems fairly challenging to me. 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:30:13 AM »

i think the hum and lockup will be easy parts getting the sounds to overlay correctly in swings and clash will be the challenge I think. I am currently doing a Sith Lightning font which I will release either tommorow or day after and that has been one of the challenges prob be simialar challenge with the environment based fonts

NinjaJesus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 61

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:17 AM »

I was thinking of doing something like this. I think it would be really cool to do one.  I guess we'll see what the future holds.  Wink

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »

I've heard the font, and despite the swing and clashes, etc. being superb, to me, it sounds like MadCow just took a great font and added ambient noise to the track. It is a neat effect, I'll admit, but I found the Bespin font a little distracting with the added noises in the BG. There was another in the Geonosis Arena with a massive battle in the background as well that was kind of interesting as well as it sounded like a battle is raging around you.

Another idea for this would be a Mon Calamari font. Anyone want to add an underwater filter to a sound set? Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:33 AM »

I especially like the elements-idea. Will give some thoughts to it!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »

How about a flame sword? LIke use some sounds from Avatar The last Airbender. Would go perfect with a Fire Orange saber.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: