Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: 'mandalorian' saber font  (Read 20785 times)
dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« on: January 26, 2013, 06:37:17 PM »

challenge for anyone out there who loves to make fonts, in the clone wars series 2 there is a mandalorian with a very old lightsaber that has a black core. it produces a really cool high pitched lightsaber sound id love to see someone produce that font. il post a link to the episode when i find it, perhaps someone could give it a go (it is a very cool sound) anyone know the saber sounds im talkign about?

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:00:13 PM »

I know exactly what your talking about and have thought about making that font, but just need to find the time/effort to get started on it.
Edit
 Actually after looking through some of my files I started on the ignition sound so I have started it, but its nowhere finished. tehe   Cheesy

For those of you who don't know, this is the saber he is talking about.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vtj5YxDcCk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vtj5YxDcCk</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frxn_tEvurc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frxn_tEvurc</a>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:17:19 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »

That is a really interesting ancient saber. I like the shape of the blade. And it sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing a font based on it.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:27 PM »

In the mean time while I'am working on this I suggest you guys check out/download my sound font named Zephyr in the free fonts thread.   http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0  It is quite different than what your probably used to and has a similar sound/feel to the the vibro light blade that Viza uses.  Smiley 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »

Hey Big Boss.

Just finished capturing the sounds when I read you are in, too!  Grin

I'll send you my captures. Maybe together we already have all it needs! Send your pack to eerockk, when you are finished.

Greetings.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »

This would be a really cool font. It would go good too if you have an AS Standard Issue saber with Obsidian.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »

Hey Big Boss.

Just finished capturing the sounds when I read you are in, too!  Grin

I'll send you my captures. Maybe together we already have all it needs! Send your pack to eerockk, when you are finished.

Greetings.

Ha, the sith and mando working together.  Cheesy I'll work a bit more on capturing/working on what sounds I have and will send them to errock and you when I'am done later on today or tomorrow so it can start being pieced together.  Smiley

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 03:20:39 AM »

I think wirh my next saber icwould definitely want sound, i will have to get lion and then upgrade armt a later date i think. Cheers for posting big boss.

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 04:34:50 AM »

Just watched tonights episode of the Clone Wars and a Mandalorian fought against Darth Maul and the saber sounds were pretty good. So whenever it gets on youtube then there you go.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 05:58:33 PM »

Thanks to Big Boss and Darth Sabre, here is the review of the Mandalorian Dark Saber font:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvUpei4Qexk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvUpei4Qexk</a>

Hehehe... have an outtake too!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-VNoAsJrFs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-VNoAsJrFs</a>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:21:27 PM by eerockk » Logged

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 06:22:03 PM »

Thanks eerockk,

think you will have to adjust your clash-technique with so many fonts coming your way ...  Grin Great job as always. Here, you really were my eyes and ears, cause I couldn't test it myself. I like it very much and this will definitely be my next font on the Obsidian.

And point for Moderator Big Boss for the excellent cooperation. Hope there will be more concerted action in the future ... it's so good to combine our efforts!

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »

I like fonts that sound different like this and this is a uniquely sounding font different from anything
in the star wars universe,  reminds me of font that would be great on a katana saber

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

Thanks again eeroock for another great review and thank you Darth Sabre for your help as well. Point to you both. I didn't think this font would be completed so quickly, but here we are with it all done.  Cheesy  Cool
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:08:30 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 09:28:05 PM »

Get the TOR font up! xp Watching it on your youtube, errockk. It sounds sick. It'll go perfect with my Bellicose.

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 09:51:35 PM »

wow guys well done, that is the perfect sound as soon as i get a sabre with sound that is going straight on there Smiley

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: