Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: List of MHS compatible hilts  (Read 112035 times)
Flaekingr
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »

Forgive my ignorance, what does MHS mean?

Light side points appreciated Smiley

Sabers owned
- Aeon v2
- Standard Issue Battle Saber v3

Sypho Ruut
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 58

Light side.. just

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:21 AM »

MHS = Modular Hilt System

It's a series of components with a set size thread, so they can be interchanged without any loss of functionality. TCSS, Ultrasabers, and a few independent guys all use MHS threading, as it allows easy intercompatibility and modification by those of us lucky enough to have one of their creations.

It also makes it easier for third parties to make accessories, as you can buy MHS blanks to machine your own emitters and pommels, or vented MHS sections to use as couplers or to build into crystal chambers etc.

Owned;
 Flamberge-BR/emerald/BR-obsidian
 Dark Liberator-GB

Want;
 Mantis in BH
 Archon in AB
 Monarch in SY

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »

this is something that's been bugging me for a whilst now

the fore grip on the arbiter (grip section below the emitter), can it be removed?

a lot of pictures I've seen show the LED on one end of it and the wires coming out the other end before going into the main part of the body. I've also seen some with the quick disconnect so I guess that wouldn't be an issue as you could disconnect the LED, swap the fore grip for a different part, then re-connect the LED

But would this be possible with an Emerald driver installed?

I'm thinking of getting an arbiter in emerald as my ultimate customization saber, but if I can't change the fore grip without have to dis-connect then re-wire the LED then i'll look at a different saber

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Aden
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2015, 11:08:52 PM »

Can you attach a pommel to the coupler?

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 10:31:31 PM »

Hey! I just have a few questions.

I saw on the most recent sale (free premium grab bag with purchase of $500 or more) that the Scorpion emitter was placed on the Dark Arbiter. Is that specific to the sale, or is the Scorpion emitter MHS compatible? Or am I just confused (I am new at this, after all)?

Also, if I would want to order a lightsaber with a hilt that is fully MHS compatible (emitter, pommel, etc.), can I substitute a different emitter than the one provided with the lightsaber, or is there an extra cost? For example, if I wanted to buy a Shock, could I substitute the Manticore emitter? If so, would there be an extra cost and how would I order that specification?

Thanks so much!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:54 AM »

Yes you can order a new emitter but I think you have to add it to your order by going to build your own saber section.  Or email Emory before placing an order and arrange with him - he can tell you how to pay for any extra cost.

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 06:07:29 AM »

Yes you can order a new emitter but I think you have to add it to your order by going to build your own saber section.  Or email Emory before placing an order and arrange with him - he can tell you how to pay for any extra cost.

Thanks for the advice, wargame! I appreciate it.

Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »

the fore grip on the arbiter (grip section below the emitter), can it be removed?

a lot of pictures I've seen show the LED on one end of it and the wires coming out the other end before going into the main part of the body. I've also seen some with the quick disconnect so I guess that wouldn't be an issue as you could disconnect the LED, swap the fore grip for a different part, then re-connect the LED

I'm thinking of getting an arbiter in emerald as my ultimate customization saber, but if I can't change the fore grip without have to dis-connect then re-wire the LED then i'll look at a different saber

Connah, I'm also wondering if the neck on the arbiter/dark arbiter can be removed or not, but for a different purpose. Simply, to make the arbiter shorter (as I like the grooved body, but I'm more of a middle length hilt saber user). Could be a cool customization option. All 4 parts of the arbiter are MHS compatible, so I would say "Yes?" with a question mark to my question and possibly your first question, but I have no idea as to your further questions about disconnecting options/Emerald Driver options. Since I'm only a few months into the hobby, I'm sure you understand and I hope someone a little more experienced could answer your questions. But, I'll look a little bit at the forums and see if I find anything and I'll link it to you if I find something.

Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt

Choco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »

Can you attach a pommel to the coupler?

yes you can and you can even use an emitter as a pommel if you wanted to. I've seen quite afew commonly use couplers to add windows to sabers that regularly don't come with them towards the emitter

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/c021b8deb34e1a14.png[/img]

Sabers I own

Emerald 4 channel Manticore
Dark Standard Issue - BR (grab bag)
Liberator - FO (Grab bag)

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »

Hey! I just have a few questions.

I saw on the most recent sale (free premium grab bag with purchase of $500 or more) that the Scorpion emitter was placed on the Dark Arbiter. Is that specific to the sale, or is the Scorpion emitter MHS compatible? Or am I just confused (I am new at this, after all)?

Also, if I would want to order a lightsaber with a hilt that is fully MHS compatible (emitter, pommel, etc.), can I substitute a different emitter than the one provided with the lightsaber, or is there an extra cost? For example, if I wanted to buy a Shock, could I substitute the Manticore emitter? If so, would there be an extra cost and how would I order that specification?

Thanks so much!

I answered my first question thanks to a little searching on the forums. Thanks Brian64. According to him, the emitter is MHS compatible (so I guess purchase it separately?), but it's not accessible to take off the Scorpion itself due to the shroud on the Scorpion (unless you want to void your warranty and dissemble your Scorpion yourself).

Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »

Found something that might be of use. Topic: arbiter neck piece removal, started by Trickster5596. Or go to Ultrasabers Questions and it was a conversation in 2012/2013. Good luck!

Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »

Should the Standard Issue Battle Saber (pommel) be included on this list?

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

djroberts
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2016, 12:30:10 AM »

We're talking MHSV1, right? Or are any of these MHSV2?

markl54
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2016, 09:31:06 PM »

So would a  Dark initiate LE V3  be compatible with the Dark War Glaive Pommel?

thanks for any info....Mark Littleton

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2016, 01:32:30 AM »

So would a  Dark initiate LE V3  be compatible with the Dark War Glaive Pommel?

thanks for any info....Mark Littleton

Yes, they both have a MHS pommel.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: