Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Durability Question  (Read 1794 times)
Hero58
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 26, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »

Hey everyone another question, I just got my ultrasaber prophecy stunt saber last night yay. But anyways i did a durability test for it last night, and that test was bedning it as far as i can over my leg and as hard as I can, and I noticed while on record the color started to fade.

Im not sure if this means the ultrasaber i have is weak or if its just the batteries.

Anyways im curious how durable it is, what did you do? did the color on your saber start to fade when you tested it?

Mine is Guardian Blue btw

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:41:14 PM »

Well, first of all, dont want to be telling you what to do, but dont do that. They are durable. Very durable. The mid grade blades, both Ultraedge and standard, can take a lot of damage. You can fight a lot with the blades and not have much to show from it. Granted, you might have scuff marks and such, but nothing fight hindering. The heavy grade, even more. The main reason I am saying not to bend the blade itself is because of the film on the inside of the blade used to make the saber shine so much. If you were to look inside the blade, you can see the glued part at the bottom. Bending it, I think, would cause the glue to weaken, which would mean you would probably need another saber. That might also explain why sometimes you would see small cracks or lines in the blade, just in case you saw those. As for it dimming, it can be the batteries, but more so if you are bending the blade, you are causing interference between the light and the end of the blade. The blade tip has a mirror like object that reflects the light back into the light, which causes the blade to be as bright as possible. Just like normal light, if you put something in the way or cause its natural path to hindered in any way, you will have less light. So as you bend the blade more and more and the light gets dimmer and dimmer, that could be why you are seeing such a difference. So, all in all, just try not to do that too much, in my own opinion.

One more thing, and I think this could go for everyone trying to test the durability of the blades. Test them in battle, against other sabers. You could run it over with a car or attack a sword with it, but the end result might not be too happy. It is better to use a sword against an apple than to use a sword against a rock. You may cut the apple, but you may not cut the rock.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:44:25 PM by thejedimasternick » Logged

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »

Ok thank you for the answer. also i heard that each blade ultrasaber is detachable thing is i have no idea where i can remove the blade and replace it with a new one. Anyone know where i remove it at?

For the prophecy that is....does prophecy have a removable blade? if not...then..

i so screwed up badly, I think i do see some cracks in the blade cause i bent it pretty hard with full force...their's 109$ wasted if I need to buy another one.

And lastly when i bent it, near the end the light stopped but it came back, just more darker

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »

They all have removable blades.  There should be a little hexagonal hole near the emitter.  Use a hex wrench to loosen that screw up, and you oughta be able to just pull the blade right out.

And if you look on Ultra's site, there should be a listing under "accessories" or "Parts and supplies" that has several replacement blades and tips.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:24:06 PM »

The prophecy is a little different.

See those two brass knob looking screws near the top? Unscrew the bigger one of those: It's the one on the "bottom". You will find it screwed to a silver hex 'post'. THAT is the set screw. Use your hex wrench and loosen it. The blade will fall out. Reverse to set it back in.

EDIT: Oh, and, change your batteries.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:27:12 PM by navajas » Logged

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:46:59 AM »

Also, new blades are only about 30 bucks if I remember right, for the Heavies. I could be wrong. And ALL Ultrasabers have a removable blade. Smiley It's one of the best things about em! And yeah. Batteries. Get new ones. I burn through em' fast myself, and you notice it because the light always dims as the batteries get low. Get some rechargables for it when you can. I hear Lithium Ions are the best, though I have yet to get my hands on some.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Hero58
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 04:50:18 AM »

thanks everyone and lastly, holy crap this thing is strong! it just got a few scratches and thats it, but how it did was i have a gravel driveway, assuming that small rocks/gravel would do nothing to it if it got ran over.

I was wrong but holy crap this blade is really strong! my dad's truck which is like massive ran over the blade outside, somewhere in the middle between slow and quick, and it still works, wow...just wow

Darkhorse V
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -56

Darkhorse V | Hunted by Jedi - Hated by Sith

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 06:07:17 PM »

Durable...  I do not think that word means what you think it means (in the words of Inigo Montoya).  I'm sure you could put them in a car crusher, use them as a lightning rod, or light the blade on fire with gasoline and see some damage too.. You seem to be confusing durable with invincible. 

Also, stop watching the smash my xbox youtube videos - they're starting to rub off!  Smiley

I haven't seen any issues beyond minor cosmetic from HEAVY dueling yet.  Just accept that they are tough, do what you'd like to with it without worries, and stop trying to break your saber.  We'd hate to have to call Saber Services on you for domestic saber-abuse!

Sabers:.
(__=o=_/PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)
(__=o=_\PYRESTONE SS DARK PROPHECY)

(__=o=_/BLAZING RED PVC PROPHECY)
((_(((_o((_/ADEGAN SILVER SS STANDARD ISSUE)
(_((((_o(_{---PYRESTONE SS RAVEN w/OBSIDIAN)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: