Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Screw is stuck?  (Read 3289 times)
Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 7

The Big Bang Theory :D

« on: April 26, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »

I got the problem that the retention screw is stuck in my hilt.. >Ö<
The main problem is, that I cant unscrew it.. (I think because the sexagonal shape of the screw is screwed.. Sad  )
Is there ANY option to get the screw outside? Or atleast deeper inside, so the blade won't move inside of the hilt so easily?

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
STANDARD ISSUE BATTLE SABERS!
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »

The main problem is, that I cant unscrew it.. (I think because the sexagonal shape of the screw is screwed.. Sad  )

Restraining myself here, because there are at least a dozen jokes absolutely begging for air time, but, could you please elaborate on what the problem is? Do you not have a (steady, don't give in) hex wrench? Did you screw it in too far? I'm no sure I understand the problem.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »

Yup I have.. and Yup I did.. òo.. unscrewing it was very hard.. and the hexagonal shape (sorry.. not sexagonal -_-'') is destroyed I think.. I put the hex wrench in.. and try to get the screw out.. the wrench can be spinned.. but the screw won't go out or deeper inside.. Sad

So my question is.. Can I get it deeper inside or out without the wrench?

(_||||____o|||||_/                                                             )
(_||||____o|||||_\                                                             )

hayduke
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »

So has the screw fallen inside and is jammed in the saber? or is the retention screw stripped? if it has fallen inside just pull the blade out and the screw should come out. thats what happened with my standard issue.

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »

its not fallen inside >.> its inside of the blade and the hilt (got an Standard Issue as well)
if I spin the screw, nothing happens.. so I think the hexagonal shape of the screw is destroyed!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »

So then it's stripped. I heard about this happening once before, I believe that guy wound up having to drill out the screw and replace it. *shrug* Wish I could offer more help. Good luck on your repair!

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »

I had a similar problem the first time I tried to unscrew my orange Dominix.  The screw was cross-threaded (a nightmare) and anything I did with the wrench just stripped the screw.  I wound up ripping the blade out and then drilling a larger hole through where the old hole & screw were.  Then I tapped the hole and used a larger hex screw to hold the blade in.  It works fine, and the only downside is I can't switch the blade with my other sabers, because it has a large spiral groove carved into the base.

Gulcasa
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 11:00:20 PM »

thanks Kaiden Cheesy gonna try it tomorrow!~
I will drill a hole where the screw is stuck.. and get some other screws.. but I dont need a hex.. a normal scre will make it too.. kind of customization on my SI ^^

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »

Restraining myself here, because there are at least a dozen jokes absolutely begging for air time, but, could you please elaborate on what the problem is? Do you not have a (steady, don't give in) hex wrench? Did you screw it in too far? I'm no sure I understand the problem.

You showed more restraint than I would have. lol.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

You could have tried pliers to turn it out might have been easier then found out the size of screw and bought another.  Grin

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

Just one thing:  When you're looking for your new screw, make sure it's not pointy sharp, otherwise you'll burrow into your blade.  And thumbscrews might not work too well either because they can't be tightened down as far with only fingers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: