Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark War Glaive Review (UPDATE) Added one more Vid!! 5/4/11  (Read 7574 times)
Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« on: April 27, 2011, 03:36:58 AM »

Well here it is folks a Dark War Glaive review! In this review Ill cover, Blade, Color, Brightness and The Hilt. This review will be on a scale of 1-10 10 being the best

Blade 10/10
I got this saber with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade (UEHG). The blade is very durabale and quite hefty which is good for this saber. It is a full coloered blade, the color goes through the whole blade. In all its my favorite blade type to own.

Color/Brightness 10/10
Guardian Blue, amazing, bright and solid color. Its a great color and looks fantastic at night and even holds out in well lit rooms and even in flashes from cameras! I would highly recommend this color for those looking for a blue.

The Hilt 10/10 PERFECT SCORE!!
This hilt was ordered with quick disconnect and jedi sound, and it is sweet. The sound is loud and clear the woosh is very cool and sensitive, the clash however is alot less sensitive but thats ok cause if you one hand the saber its more sensitive to impact. This saber is quite hefty and 15.3 inches long from the tip of the claws form the bottom of the pommel give or take .1 or so. The saber overall look is superb the grain in the metal is fine and looks great and the finish is also superb, the pommel is I think one of my favorite things on this saber it just looks great! I plan on getting a Red, SRD, Sentinel Yellow and Violet MLS units for this hilt later on so Ill update when need be. Personally I think anyone that is considering getting one of these dark or not should get one the claws accent the emitter very well and the emitter itself is very comfortable to hold. The windows are sweet as candy and add so much flair to this saber. I think this blade would perform well in combat it has great grip for your trailing hand and wont slip out, trust me I've been swinging this thing around like crazy since I got it. I had people at night walking by come up and ask where I got it and I said on this website called Ultra Sabers go check it out they make the best they seemed very impressed by the saber so I showed them my other sabers and they liked them too. Back to the saber, The claws will act very well as guards I imagine so flair and function all in one! Anyone who gets this saber will not be let down its fantastic. So in short love the blade, love the color, love the hilt, love the sound, so go get one... Now what are you waiting for! Go on let the dark side take control! Grin

The pack only comes out about another half inch so dont pull out any furhter

A shot to compare it with other sabers.

And now for the videos the first is better I think.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5gYi1-5aw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp5gYi1-5aw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoqX7xNDj8E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoqX7xNDj8E</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OYOSjap8Jo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OYOSjap8Jo</a>

Enjoy and Comment!! Cool Grin
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:53:02 PM by Ryuyee » Logged

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:46:43 AM »

Awesome review, I particularly love the guardian blue against the black.  Looks /amazing!!/  Now I am aching for a dark war glaive... sigh.

hayduke
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:04 AM »

nice choice on the color. Thats what my dark war glaive is and I love how it looks. thought I like the idea of a deep violet. How does the saber resonate with sound?

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:20:33 AM »

nice choice on the color. Thats what my dark war glaive is and I love how it looks. thought I like the idea of a deep violet. How does the saber resonate with sound?
Great its deep and loud.

tiefling36
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »

I've said it before, but I think the guardian blue color works surprisingly well with the dark war glaive.  Sweet saber.

Copper Enforcer--Consular Green
Custom Liberator--Consular Green
Custom Phantom--Guardian blue
Plans: Bane RGB

iamkiki
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 03:26:46 AM »

Any chance that you will share the sound in a video?  I'd love to hear it (I am sure I am not the only one either!!)

Great its deep and loud.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »

Video is up folks check it out and comment please! Grin

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:39 AM »

Nice!!
Any trouble with yours working properly?

War Glaive - RGB - Sith Sound board.
Special Edition Prophecy - RGB
Dark Liberator - Arctic Blue
Dominix V2 LE - Sunriders Destiny
Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Dark Initiate V2 LE - Blazing Orange
Force FX - Darth Vader

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:17:30 AM »

What do you mean, have you had any problems?

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:35 PM »

What do you mean, have you had any problems?

Yep. Mine is hosed. I don't even use it anymore.
When I got it the LED flashed or blinked just about every time it was struck. It didn't have to be hard either.
I emailed Ultrasabers and they said "nope, not supposed to be that way. Send it in.". So I sent it in and got it back two weeks later. The problem was still there, only now the RGB buttons are in reverse order and whenever I spin the saber at anything other than a VERY slow speed it makes the crash noise rather than the spin hum.

Multiple emails to Ultrasabers over the past two weeks or more have been unanswered.
I'm fairly certain I'm stuck with a nearly $400 dollar (RGB and sound on this saber) piece of junk.
I'm not happy, and my not happy review will be posted hopefully this weekend.

Like I said, I don't even use it now. I took the blade out and it just sits on the shelf. It's a bummer too, because it handles sooooo nice. It really does. It was my favorite by far as far as comfort and balance goes. Too bad it's all hosed up.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »

Regarding lack of response: I might suggest holding tight. It's crummy your saber's not working, that sucks and I feel for you. I've been having email contact with US that I would describe as "sporadic" since Wondercon. Now, since my experience with them, both Emory and Ultra, BEFORE Wondercon weekend was exemplary, efficient and punctual, I'm chocking this up to them being extremely busy. And because their service and responsiveness was, for all intents and purposes, peerless beforehand, I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt now, especially since them being busy will, in the long run, probably benefit us all.

Of course, I can only speak for myself and from my own experiences. Good luck with your saber!

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

KreepnSlayer
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:15 PM »

Thanks.
Yeah, for the first couple of weeks I chalked it up to being busy. Now I guess I'm getting impatient.

For the record, my son did have a problem with his saber. The LED wiring came loose. They were prompt in their response, and when I mentioned that the brass thumbscrews on my Prophecy kept coming off and getting lost they were kind enough to toss in an e tar set when they sent my sons saber back repaired.

Also, when I emailed them the first time regarding my war Glaive (day after I received it) they responded promptly.

I feel that this lack of response (ignoring??? Hope not) is out of character for them. Still hard to deal with considering the money I've spent here this year alone. Guess I'm getting impatient.

Aeon - Violet Amethyst
Force FX - Darth Vader

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »

Im not to sure Im having any problems but I do know that when my batteries get low that the LED starts to die out, and flash then finally shuts off the sound still remains though. this might be normal but Im not even sure if the batteries are low Im just guessing. Think ill E-mail US and see what they say. Ill keep everyone posted.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »

PM me about your Glaive and I will take care of it.

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »

Yep found out that they where indeed low took them over 24 hours to recharge!! Was your post aimed at me or slayer Ultra cause mine is fine I think
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:27:06 AM by Ryuyee » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: