Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333572 times)
scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »

I admit that I avoid Windows 8 for two reasons: I do not want a tablet, and I'm afraid to lose my ability to change sounds.

I have a tablet. I still don't need Win 8 Tongue

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Muddler
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »

Tried to download the launcher several times. Always stopps after about 11 Mbytes (though archive size is about 30 Mbytes).
Get an error-message when I try to open the archive...

Anybody else got that problem?
Please help!

He's no good to me dead...

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57:49 PM »

What browser do you use? If you're using Firefox, then try installing the download manager add-on "DownThemAll!", it worked for me. Otherwise PM eerockk, he has uploaded the zip file to his Dropbox account AFAIK.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »

What browser do you use? If you're using Firefox, then try installing the download manager add-on "DownThemAll!", it worked for me. Otherwise PM eerockk, he has uploaded the zip file to his Dropbox account AFAIK.

I do, and I'll ensure that it's always up to date with the link on the site. But it should be a last resort only. I do believe it's a wifi thing, as in if you're on wifi and not next to the router, it may force a server timeout. It downloads very quickly on my wired desktop with Chrome and no add-ons.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

w4ffles
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2014, 04:14:18 AM »

Tried to download the launcher several times. Always stopps after about 11 Mbytes (though archive size is about 30 Mbytes).
Get an error-message when I try to open the archive...

Anybody else got that problem?
Please help!

Same here. I'm using the newest Chrome, on a Desktop wired connection, and I've tried downloading it several times now, and still doesn't extract. I think wherever the file is being hosted might have a problem. Needs a mirror or if somebody has the zip somewhere on their computer, they can uploaded for us in the meantime.

dannel
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »

Hey, this is probably a stupid question, but when i download the launcher the zipped folder says v3.1.4 on it, but then when I install it and run the Obsidian launcher, the top of the launcher window says v2.2.2   Am i doing anything wrong?

Light side points please.

Sidious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »

I've got the same kind of issue but mine is 3.2.1

Raven
Force Sensitive

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

I see I'm not the only one having an issue with the new download for obsidian...

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

I'm not much for following the Order.

« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2014, 05:32:23 PM »

I too am unable to extract it as when I attempt to extract the folder, I get an error stating that the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged.

I second the user that suggested that any user who has a working 3.1.4 should put up a DropBox link or something.

Unlike the Jedi, Sith don't limit their potential when it comes to the Force.

I only need two strikes to win a duel: One to make my opponent open to attack, and another to exploit that opening.

My custom saber: Oxyx Ignis

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2014, 11:27:56 PM »

As has been posted already, if anyone has trouble downloading the file directly, then try using a download manager like JDownloader which can resume downloading it if it is interrupted.

It's the interruptions that cause the file to appear damaged as Windows thinks it's finished when it isn't.

While I'm sure there are many members willing to host the file, it then becomes an issue of what happens when there is an update, where the link is stored that people can find, will newcomers be able to trust links that aren't hosted by UltraSabers directly, etc...

Light side points please

tfozdar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »

I'm sure others have found a solution, but I've been having trouble getting my obsidian launcher to actually launch. For reference, I have a Raven with RGBW Emerald and Obsidian drivers. I downloaded the latest version (v3.1.4) and installed the driver. I turn the blade on, plug the usb into it, and then into my computer. The notice appears and it's recognized. I click the Obsidian Launcher icon, and nothing happens. However, when I open up my task manager, I see that there is an Obsidian process running. I'm really hoping someone has found a solution to this.

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2014, 03:04:49 AM »

I'm sure others have found a solution, but I've been having trouble getting my obsidian launcher to actually launch. For reference, I have a Raven with RGBW Emerald and Obsidian drivers. I downloaded the latest version (v3.1.4) and installed the driver. I turn the blade on, plug the usb into it, and then into my computer. The notice appears and it's recognized. I click the Obsidian Launcher icon, and nothing happens. However, when I open up my task manager, I see that there is an Obsidian process running. I'm really hoping someone has found a solution to this.

If you right click and Run as Administrator, all should work. It takes a second or two to load.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

tfozdar
Force Sensitive

« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2014, 04:29:59 AM »

I did as you suggested. When I tried to open it again, I got an administrative message asking me if I wanted this program to open, which I replied "Yes". The launcher didn't open, but once again created a process that is visible in my Task Manager.

Pickendi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:16 AM »

Was having trouble downloading the file, but thanks to some suggestions for like Downthemall for Firefox, downloaded asap. So thank you =D

Tol Freeman
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2014, 10:15:43 PM »

Hz modify your sabers. Pitch is high with them also.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: