Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333597 times)
nsgallup
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 12:52:18 AM »

GAH! Now everything works. I performed a CLEAN INSTALL of the latest audio drivers, (included in the GeForce package for my video cards), and everything works as expected.

Solution: Make sure all drivers are up to date! Run Windows Update to do the system first, then update all video and audio drivers using a "clean install" option to install the drivers as per the updated configuration. (Or uninstall your audio drivers, then reinstall them after a reboot).

Nekesus, I'm working on your files now. Smiley

Looks like I can get it to work with headphones Smiley
Thanks! Lightside points for you!

Light Side points Smiley

Sabers I Have:
Shock LE RGB with sound, silver FoC, silver AV
Dark Liberator with sound, FO with red FoC, blue AV
Dark Prophecy with sound, SRD with AB FoC, green AV
Aeon LE with sound, GB
Dark Catalyst with sound, RGBW Emerald, red AV

Want next: Archon with emerald

Raymer13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

The Obsidian Launcher is only supported with Windows XP and up, unfortunately.

There have been those able to make the saber communicate with a Linux rig and use the launcher accordingly, but Mac won't work for now, as far as I know.

Well, good thing the hubs is a windows hold out Smiley would still be nice to be Mac friendly. Might still use my old laptop to install some annoying sound fonts before I give it to him.

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -144

Only the choices we make affect the path we follow

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 11:36:29 PM »

ok so i downloaded the new launcher on my windows 8 laptop and all was fine, but now it wont open when i click on the icon, i have tried removing the program and re-installing it but still not working, has anyone else had this problem ? any ideas what i can try next ?

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE
Scorpion in PO with AS FOC
Arcon v2.1 in CG with AB FOC
Bellicose in SY with FO FOC
Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR
Consular in DVA with silver FOC

redlance88
Force Sensitive

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 06:51:22 AM »

Just curious if there are any plans in the works to port or update the LSU converter for the latest version of the obsidian launcher. I understand that there are some work around possibilities for people to make things work, but for us new folks who have never worked with the earlier versions, and may be a bit uncomfortable with having  many versions of the launcher on one system.   .... long story short, perhaps it is time for  a new version of the LSU converter that works properly out of the box with the latest version of the rest of the software.   I think I have sorted out how to make things work with my setup but it is far from elegant.  I hope this doesn't in any way sound like a rant, it is intended as merely an observation and gentle suggestion.

All the same I look forward to taking some samples from my electric guitar to create some new Hum effects, and make a sound collection that is both unique to my saber, and still faithful to the spirit of the star wars sabers.   also I look forward to my own Boot effect just some electronic chirps and beeps  with perhaps a brief energy build,  I love the obsidian board, but that boot intro kinda creeps out my girl friend and for me isn't very  light saber immersive.

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »

Just curious if there are any plans in the works to port or update the LSU converter for the latest version of the obsidian launcher. I understand that there are some work around possibilities for people to make things work, but for us new folks who have never worked with the earlier versions, and may be a bit uncomfortable with having  many versions of the launcher on one system.   .... long story short, perhaps it is time for  a new version of the LSU converter that works properly out of the box with the latest version of the rest of the software.   I think I have sorted out how to make things work with my setup but it is far from elegant.  I hope this doesn't in any way sound like a rant, it is intended as merely an observation and gentle suggestion.

All the same I look forward to taking some samples from my electric guitar to create some new Hum effects, and make a sound collection that is both unique to my saber, and still faithful to the spirit of the star wars sabers.   also I look forward to my own Boot effect just some electronic chirps and beeps  with perhaps a brief energy build,  I love the obsidian board, but that boot intro kinda creeps out my girl friend and for me isn't very  light saber immersive.

Good feedback.

The solution to creeping out your lady is to go to the Saberforum member-generated soundfont thread where there is bound to be something you'll like. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=36.0 Smiley

About the launcher: She may not look like much, kid, but she'll do point 5 past lightspeed... Sorry, that was Han.

Having both launchers is a necessity for me and except for the recent issue I had where an unupdated audio driver on my computer was causing me problems, either launcher works perfectly. Just install the latest one first, then the version 2 launcher afterward, and you should be able to mod sounds and create them yourself as well. I agree with you that I've seen more sophisticated software out there, but I can promise you that what this lacks in elegance, it makes up for in effectiveness.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »

Ok i need some help/advice
i have downloaded the new obsidian launcher on two different computers Win 8 and Win 7, after first installation all worked fine
but when returning to the program it can not be opened? on the Win 7 it was after a full shutdown and restart and on the win 8 it was after leaving the launcher and trying to re open it a while later what am i doing wrong Huh

I have removed and and reloaded the installation and its still wont open  Sad
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:44:41 PM by Crowman76 » Logged

Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »

Ok i need some help/advice
i have downloaded the new obsidian launcher on two different computers Win 8 and Win 7, after first installation all worked fine
but when returning to the program it can not be opened? on the Win 7 it was after a full shutdown and restart and on the win 8 it was after leaving the launcher and trying to re open it a while later what am i doing wrong Huh

I have removed and and reloaded the installation and its still wont open  Sad

Try updating your audio/video drivers and then running the Launcher installs again after but 'run as administrator'. That should get you back in.

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »

Try updating your audio/video drivers and then running the Launcher installs again after but 'run as administrator'. That should get you back in.
Thanks for the advise got it working in the end after cleaning off some malware, well got seven days out of it now it refuses to open again...Odd thing is if i try and open it ( nothing happens) and then go to uninstall i get a message saying the following programs must be closed first, and it lists obsidian as the open program !!! must be Jedi mind tricks.   

Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR

Experienced Noob
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »

Ok, so I just got my first saber, installed the launcher, and everything is fine until I try to download the sounds to my saber and I have no idea why. Can anyone help? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

Could you give us information about any error messages? That would make it easier for us to isolate and solve your problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 02:33:05 AM »

So I JUST installed V3.1.4, went smooth as butter, I am able to open and close the launcher with no problems.  I can also preview sound files over speakers/headset, so far so good.  I haven't connected the launcher to any of my sabers yet, so if I run into issues with that I will report in.  On a side note, I "accidently" saved all my configured fonts in a folder on my laptop, not realizing I did so before I uninstalled/installed the new launcher (I know, rookie right!).  I think I would have lost them other wise, so i'm really fortunate there! 

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Crowman76
Knight Ensign

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2013, 09:39:41 AM »

ok ive done a full system refresh and ran compatibility manager used win 7,vista even xp compatibility modes  and now have this Message "Issues found incompatible program detected Obsidian is not compatible " Odd it used to work? but guess its not going to work anymore on  Sad if you know a fix please let me know

Aeon V3 in CG (stunt)
Dominix LE v2 in BR

Experienced Noob
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2013, 04:19:15 AM »

I've actually managed to figure it out. Thanks though  Smiley

Eridine
Force Sensitive

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »

OK, Very Newb issue.
I have installed the 3.1.4 version followed all the instruction and the launcher will not run for me.

running Win 7 Home Premium SP1
I check the task manager and i find the obsidian process and it has between 4xxx k and 14xxx k of memory, yet it isn't listed in the programs on the task manager and no window pops up... I'm a bit at a loss on this.

Help, please?

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »

OK, Very Newb issue.
I have installed the 3.1.4 version followed all the instruction and the launcher will not run for me.

running Win 7 Home Premium SP1
I check the task manager and i find the obsidian process and it has between 4xxx k and 14xxx k of memory, yet it isn't listed in the programs on the task manager and no window pops up... I'm a bit at a loss on this.

Help, please?

Try uninstalling, but then reinstalling as Administrator. (Right click the install file and choose run as Admininistrator). That should allow the program to run as expected.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: