Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333565 times)
Eridine
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »

Thanks...
Tried that. no joy
uninstalled, downloaded new copy of installer, installed it as Administrator, no joy
ran program as admin, no joy.... 
becoming frustrated

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

Thanks...
Tried that. no joy
uninstalled, downloaded new copy of installer, installed it as Administrator, no joy
ran program as admin, no joy.... 
becoming frustrated

Well, you're doing it right. The only other thing that I can think of is perhaps an Antivirus program stopping it from installing properly, or maybe the computer has some spyware on it which I've seen cause problems for a few.

Perhaps you could try disbling the AV software for the install, or if that doesn't work, try running a spyware scan to see if there's something annoying on the computer. We all pick them up from time to time.

Please let us know!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »

Try uninstalling, but then reinstalling as Administrator. (Right click the install file and choose run as Admininistrator). That should allow the program to run as expected.
Plus one point to you sir for the very "helpdesk" answer!

Lightside points if any are given

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 06:10:51 PM »

Plus one point to you sir for the very "helpdesk" answer!

Hehe, thanks man. I'm often the Helpdesk for my friends and family as well. Glad I could extend that here as well!  Grin

Once the computer issues have been neutralized, there will be nothing to stop us this time...

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »

Always glad to pass on the points, especially when the advice was actually helpful

Lightside points if any are given

Ingo_krieg
Force Sensitive

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »

hi guys. Ingo here. first time user and forum post. my wife got me the manticore emerald lightsaber with sound for christmas! making all my nerd friends jealous. i have been trying to change the sound and i get "Device Configuration Failed". just so you know the order in which i have done things and where it failed. if the steps seem elementary thats because i want to make sure im doing it right.

1. turned pc on
2. cut lightsaber on
3. connect lightsaber
4. opened obsidian launcher
5. find desired sound
6. dragged desired sound over to the right side
7. clicked read parameters
8. clicked write parameters
9. clicked write sound files

and when i click write sound files i get "Device Configuration Failed". any and all help would be appreciated. i am at a loss. thanks in advance ultrasaber community.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

hi guys. Ingo here. first time user and forum post. my wife got me the manticore emerald lightsaber with sound for christmas! making all my nerd friends jealous. i have been trying to change the sound and i get "Device Configuration Failed". just so you know the order in which i have done things and where it failed. if the steps seem elementary thats because i want to make sure im doing it right.

1. turned pc on
2. cut lightsaber on
3. connect lightsaber
4. opened obsidian launcher
5. find desired sound
6. dragged desired sound over to the right side
7. clicked read parameters
8. clicked write parameters
9. clicked write sound files

and when i click write sound files i get "Device Configuration Failed". any and all help would be appreciated. i am at a loss. thanks in advance ultrasaber community.

Please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher).  

Make sure the saber is turned on and then while the saber is already on plug it into your computer with a Mini USB cable.  Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard. [THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, YOU NEED TO EMPTY EVERY BANK FIRST AND THEN FILL EACH AND EVERY BANK YOURSELF]

Also, don't click read or write parameters, that is only for changing the sensor settings.  Just click write sound files after you have done the above steps, that's it.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Ingo_krieg
Force Sensitive

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »

did a delete, and clean install of the program. works now thank you!!!!!!

jedimannan111
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

"She has brought truth and you condemn it"

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »

i dont know if this is the right place to post, but i have two ultrasabers without sound, and i really want to add sound to them. is there a way to get the sound board and hook it up? does ultrasabers put them in for you if i sent my sabers back for installation? is it possible to add sound to my saber?
i have the standard battle saber and the  Initiate v3.

Dark side points please

booyaalex
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2014, 02:35:52 AM »

i dont know if this is the right place to post, but i have two ultrasabers without sound, and i really want to add sound to them. is there a way to get the sound board and hook it up? does ultrasabers put them in for you if i sent my sabers back for installation? is it possible to add sound to my saber?
i have the standard battle saber and the  Initiate v3.

I don't think so. I know you can buy the soundboard seperately, but you'd either have to buy a lightsaber with one already installed or risk disassembling yours and put it in yourself.

Also, thank you Deep for the instructions you gave Ingo_krieg, it helped me out too

Gray Jedi

Any points appreciated

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »

Sure, you can always ask the US team to upgrade your sabers via info@ultrasabers.com . They can add almost every component you want unless you have a wish that is impossible due to limited space in the sabers ^^

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

coltonc18
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

Please make sure this is being uninstalled and re-installed as administrator.  If you have multiple accounts on your computer operating system, please make sure that you are logged in as an administrator.  And please uninstall any past installations of the Obsidian Launcher or any sort or type or version whatsoever as the administrator and re-install it as administrator from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 (this is always the latest version of the Launcher).  

Make sure the saber is turned on and then while the saber is already on plug it into your computer with a Mini USB cable.  Then run the program and when you run the program please right click it and select "Run as administrator"

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard. [THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, YOU NEED TO EMPTY EVERY BANK FIRST AND THEN FILL EACH AND EVERY BANK YOURSELF]

Also, don't click read or write parameters, that is only for changing the sensor settings.  Just click write sound files after you have done the above steps, that's it.

you are my hero!! I kept getting the device config failure....and I removed all the sound fonts and put them back, and bam now it works thanks so much!!

Graflex CE--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Scorpion--4 channel Emerald, sound, a/v switch, and recharge port.
Manticore--(WON!!!) upgraded it to 2 channel Emerald, sound, and recharge port.

light side points please Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »

Just wanted to check my hardware settings and copy them for my new saber. Followed the usual procedure (turn saber on, connect to PC, open launcher). Now every time I connect my Aeons (and only my Aeons) the launcher keeps saying "Connection to the device was lost" after 1 or 2 seconds where it tries to connect (LED went off, sound was muted as normal). The saber then returns to normal function - LED on, sound on. This doesn't happen on my Manticore...
Both Aeon soundboards still work fine, FoC, motion and clash sensors all operational. Only thing is that it won't connect to the launcher. Tried another port and another cable - no way.
Also tried to uninstall the driver and re-install it - doesn't solve the problem. OS is Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Any ideas what to do?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »

Hi Racona,

That sounds unusual. Do you have any other USB devices plugged in that you don't normally have connected?

Only reason I ask is because I was using my phone to take some photos, and disconnected it while I had a saber plugged in and in the middle of testing a colour. When I unplugged my phone the launcher seemed to stutter for a second before returning to normal. I did have to click the test colour button again, but it worked fine.

The other thing to suggest is the old IT standby 'have you tried turning it off and on again?'. I've noticed - and it may well be just a problem with my system - that if I try connecting and disconnecting sabers to the launcher a few times then my system starts acting up. Yesterday my pointer would freeze periodically and stick on a non-arrow pointer (like the one for adjusting column widths). Anyway, I figured there was some sort of memory corruption and just rebooted my PC, which resolved the glitching.

I'm using the same Win 7 OS.

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »

Hi Brian,

thanks for your reply. I currently have a Thrustmaster F1 Wheel, an external HDD, a WLAN dongle, a Bluetooth dongle, my Microsoft keyboard and my Logitech mouse plugged in (for charging)...all were plugged in when I changed my sound fonts the first time, together with my saber. Everything was fine that time. And as I said, the Manticore also works fine, even with the devices plugged in Undecided

I thought of uninstalling and reconnecting the saber, too, but that didn't work. Also rebooting my PC was unsuccessful. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I suspect the boards not working correctly with the newest launcher. I think my Manticore has a newer board than the Aeons (what I saw from the Serial No.), so could that be a problem with the new launcher? Are the Aeon boards already outdated so that the launcher won't communicate with them properly?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:18:04 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: