Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333577 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »

I am having problems with getting the default obsidian sound board back on to my saber. I can get the file to run ok, but i somehow saved a file on the saber that makes the saber have no sound.
I have tried downloading the default obsidian sound font, then extracting the file into a folder, and then putting each of the sound files under motion/impact/lockup, ect. After that I click "write sound files to device". Once it is done, the saber goes silent but still lights up.

- I downloaded version 3.1.4 and have a saber with a serial number of greater than 12120000. I watched the video for How to Use Obsidian Launcher v2.2.2 and heard that i should read the readme first, but could not find it.

It is my fault entirely for this issue, i tried to download the sith font and messed it up. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that i am here to blame ultrasabers. I appreciate any help.
Have you emptied all sound categories before putting in the original font files? Try that and then click "Write files" with ALL sections emptied. Disconnect the saber, close the Launcher, take out the batteries to reset the saber and then try again writing the original fonts. It works in most cases...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Kryy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2014, 05:26:00 AM »

Ive downloaded the launcher from the first page 5 times, everytime it tells me its finished but when i open the .zip i get a "unexpected end of archive" error with my winrar, and it wont let me run the launcher because of it...idk what to do

it does the same thing with my Novastar compilation soundfont i tried to download, all the rest worked fine.

HELP

Member of the Galactic Academy
You can also find me on twitter: @SparKticas

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/db88e55b15aa7acb.png[/img]

Darth Noctus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »

Hey guys I have tried to download the launcher a few times and keep getting the error saying "cannot open file. It does not appear to be a valid archive." Has anyone had this before? Do I need the full version of winzip to do it? Thanks in advance.

Darth Kryy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2014, 08:13:24 AM »

Hey guys I have tried to download the launcher a few times and keep getting the error saying "cannot open file. It does not appear to be a valid archive." Has anyone had this before? Do I need the full version of winzip to do it? Thanks in advance.

My message just above states I'm having the same problem :/

Darth Noctus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2014, 08:20:25 AM »

my bad, thought id ask the question after reading 4 pages.

Darth Kryy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2014, 08:21:45 AM »

my bad, thought id ask the question after reading 4 pages.

No appology needed, it appears to work for some and not others, I'm too scared to use older version of the launcher ( which do work ) in case I damage my saber

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »

Those of you having the unexpected end of archive error. Please post the exact file size of the archive you have downloaded.

I think you'll find it is not the full 31.7mb file, no matter what your download manager tells you. It means your download failed and you'll need to try downloading it again.

Edit: I just tried downloading the file and found Windows had a lot of problems trying to download the file. I used a download manager (JDownloader) which allowed me to resume the download until it completed successfully.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:59:04 AM by Brian64 » Logged

Light side points please

Pima
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »

Hi, I have the same problem with downloading 3.1.4 archive. Please, re-upload this file/fix it.

Darth Kryy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2014, 09:06:32 AM »

Hi, I have the same problem with downloading 3.1.4 archive. Please, re-upload this file/fix it.

I used jdownloader like the above post and it worked

Pima
Force Sensitive

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

I used jdownloader like the above post and it worked
Yes, it also helps me after second attemp. However, now I get already described "unexpected error". Did anybody solved this problem?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »

Install and run the Launcher as administrator. That should solve the "unexpected error" problem.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pima
Force Sensitive

« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

Install and run the Launcher as administrator. That should solve the "unexpected error" problem.

Thank you! But problem resolved in other way - pls read http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=17534.0
Point is that international users should change system format/locale to USA, and then this error dissapear.
Anyway, we all hope that obsidian will solve this issue in soft.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2014, 07:38:50 PM »

Hm, okay...for me it solved like that Cheesy Anyway, good to hear that you solved it.
But it's curious - I only have to change the locale when I want to change Emerald settings Tongue

Sig by Master Nero

eagle69
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »

Have you emptied all sound categories before putting in the original font files? Try that and then click "Write files" with ALL sections emptied. Disconnect the saber, close the Launcher, take out the batteries to reset the saber and then try again writing the original fonts. It works in most cases...

I did this and now i have no sound on my sabe,r I tryed to add sound when I go to write new file to the saber the same error message keeps coming up that it can not wright the files to the saber, what am I doing wrong?

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »

What does the error message say in detail? It's an "unexpected error", "device configuration failed" or anything else? That might help us to narrow down the possible reasons and solutions for your problem Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: