Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333567 times)
eagle69
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »

device configuration failed is what it says

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2014, 05:54:22 PM »

Have you already tried what Deep suggested in this thread?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Bue
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »

I did as you and Deep suggested, which was to remove all sound fonts off the saber, then unplug, remove the batteries, put batteries back in, then manually selecting and placing each sound font from the default obsidian sound font on the saber.

Now if i put my ear very close to the bottom of the saber where the sound comes out, i can hear the noise but only faintly. I made sure that it was not muted or set at a lower volume. Would this suggest that i pulled a wire too hard or something? (I checked the box saying "check crc" because i thought maybe it would tell me if i had a disconnected wire or something)

Also, I am not sure how to boot a saber. I assumed it just means to hold the power button for 10 seconds? I used the search function but i could not find out how to do it. Maybe rebooting the saber will help some.

I tried installing the entire sith font onto my saber afterwords to check and see if maybe the default setting i downloaded were giving me problems. I was able to get the sith sounds onto the saber, which i could not do before Smiley. However,  i could only just barely hear it if i put my ear next to the saber speaker.

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2014, 08:58:45 AM »

I realise that this is probably one of the first things you did, but maybe double check that the master volume is set to 100 as well as each of the individual sounds.

Light side points please

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »

Rebooting a saber just means taking the batteries out for 10secs and then putting them back in.
As for the sound, it can indeed be a loose or damaged wire. I'll try to find something on that issue and how it could be solved, the most obvious thing would be sending it back to US for repair.
The "Check CRC" only recognizes issues on the board itself regarding the sound files, but not wire or speaker problems.

EDIT: I would definitely tell Emory first, but I found out that it could definitely be a bad speaker or a wire problem.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:14:06 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Kresnik
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

I did as you and Deep suggested, which was to remove all sound fonts off the saber, then unplug, remove the batteries, put batteries back in, then manually selecting and placing each sound font from the default obsidian sound font on the saber.

Now if i put my ear very close to the bottom of the saber where the sound comes out, i can hear the noise but only faintly. I made sure that it was not muted or set at a lower volume. Would this suggest that i pulled a wire too hard or something? (I checked the box saying "check crc" because i thought maybe it would tell me if i had a disconnected wire or something)

Also, I am not sure how to boot a saber. I assumed it just means to hold the power button for 10 seconds? I used the search function but i could not find out how to do it. Maybe rebooting the saber will help some.

I tried installing the entire sith font onto my saber afterwords to check and see if maybe the default setting i downloaded were giving me problems. I was able to get the sith sounds onto the saber, which i could not do before Smiley. However,  i could only just barely hear it if i put my ear next to the saber speaker.

The only suggestion I would have before sending it in for repairs is to ensure that you are writing the correct parameters to your saber and not overwriting the new sound font with the old parameters.

When you plug in your saber it may be recognizing the device and the parameters that you are working on presently but I just want to make sure you are clicking on Write Parameters and Sounds not just Sounds.-

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »

You know, it has been asked of me to create a video tutorial on the V2 and V3 launchers. Perhaps it's time I got to work...  Wink

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »

That would definitely be a great idea! Looking forward how it turns out at the end!

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Tecton
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

Dark side points please

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »

Is the new version windows 8 compatible?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2014, 07:03:51 PM »

Yes, but you may run into issues like no proper detection of the saber - it's probably an incompatibility between the saber and Win8, a Windows driver problem so to speak. The program itself is working under Win8.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Tecton
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

Dark side points please

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »

Ok thanks that helps me decide whether or not I get sound

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »

It's not said that it never works, though Wink There are people who don't have probs, there are people who have. If you have a Virtual Machine capable computer, it might be worth trying to configure the saber under a Win7 version running on a virtual PC.

Sig by Master Nero

Kresnik
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »

There also seems to be an issue with the USB drivers as well on Win 8 machines.  In my experience the USB 3 ports do not like communicating with the saber but I have seen one that worked and one that didnt. 

Dont let it turn you off as its doable you may just have to try all USB ports and different USB cables. 

Generally speaking when it something that works but doesnt work it is not always the OS itself but the peripherals and the other components used.

For example I trouble shooted a person on facebook who said I HAVE WINDOWS 8 AND IT WONT RECOGNIZE

I had him try a USB2 port with a usb cord and it didnt work... He tried another cord and it worked fine. 

Dont let it turn you off from sound as it seems to be like Racona said something to do with the drivers and what not. I have seen several issues but none that do not have an eventual work around. 

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2014, 12:56:30 AM »

I admit that I avoid Windows 8 for two reasons: I do not want a tablet, and I'm afraid to lose my ability to change sounds.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Thanks for the memories. 1959-2014

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2014, 02:22:53 AM »

I tried installing the entire sith font onto my saber afterwords to check and see if maybe the default setting i downloaded were giving me problems. I was able to get the sith sounds onto the saber, which i could not do before Smiley. However,  i could only just barely hear it if i put my ear next to the saber speaker.

I had this exact same issue with my Graflex SE. Prior to contacting Emory and sending it in for repairs, I took a risk and used the Launcher to load Lord Vane's Vader soundfont onto my new Chosen One SE (I thought it might have been the software corrupting the soundboard somehow, so I was wary), but there were no problems; the new soundfont files were written to The Chosen One's soundboard just fine. There was no loss /drastic drop of audio. Everything was in order. That's what made me conclude that my Graflex's problems were likely hardware related.

For the life of me I can't figure out how I could've done damage to it, though. I'm always very careful when working with the internal components, since I don't have the skills to repair them.

I hope you're able to solve the problem, Bue. Keep us posted.

Graflex SE in Arctic Blue (UltraEdge) - Lord Vane's Luke ESB v.2 sound font

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: