Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
Author Topic: New Obsidian Launcher Available (UPDATED 11/09/2021)  (Read 333611 times)
Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2014, 04:29:48 AM »

Hi,  I am sorry to ask this question or make this comment as it has been in the 13 pages of post multiple times already.....  So I have a Mac... And I would like to know exactly what I have to buy to get this obsidian launcher working...  I have heard of virtual PC.... If this works then I guess I have to buy that and then do I still have to buy a windows program?  I suspect it may be cheaper to buy a cheaply cheap laptop already preloaded....  I wish there was a Mac version of this launcher...  In almost ten years this is the first time I have actually regretted switching to a Mac....  Thanks to any for the advice...  I have one techno guy at work who may be able to help so I will hit him up when gets back from vaca (figuratively speaking... Not actually wacking him with saber Smiley
Show him saber,  and he will come:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

[FETT]cupcake
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »

I'm having trouble with this since the new version.  I cannot get the launcher to load no matter what I do.  I run it as administrator and install it as administrator but it never loads.  I uninstalled and re-installed but still nothing.  I'm turning the saber on, plugging it in, and then running launcher but the launcher does not come on.  I've had zero problems with the previous version.  Any insight?

I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

kakaduan
Force Sensitive

« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »

Am i the only one with major issues with the New Obsidian Launcher?

I just got my Emerald Belicose and i ordered it with Blazing red, but then i wanted to try to mess arround with it.
I followed the instruction videos on how to use this program, but when i start it it says "An unexpected error has occured. Please contact support if the problem persists". Now when i turn my blade on it does'nt lit up, it on lits up if you clash it and if i do, it lights up as blue :s?

Somebody explain to me how to get the program working beacuse i can't do 1 single thing with it and every time i press a menu that error message pops up...

Someone please, i want to use my saber so badly!

Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2014, 11:28:56 AM »

I get a lot of errors when running this program. Even when I have not connected any saber in the USB slot, it tells me that an unexpected error has occured. When I plug the USB in, I also get an error, but I get an obsidian USB serial number. When I try to "Write Sound Fonts" I get an "Device Configuration Failed" error.

Where can I download previous version of this launcher?

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »

@kakaduan: If you're following the instructions, did you also pay attention to the "run it as admin" thing? Also, be sure to change cour locale settings to US (if you're not an US resident) before running the program. Otherwise you'll encounter even more problems than only that message.
How did you order your saber? Did you choose any blue shade for FoC? If not, then it's probably an Emerald board issue. Try to remove the batteries in order to reset your saber. After that your saber should be working again. This can happen if you have communication problems between the Launcher and the saber, especially when using a faulty USB cord or when your batteries are not charged completely.

@Akimoto: For the error at the Launcher startup, try the "run as admin" option and change your locale settings to US (if you're not an US resident). The other errors can occur if you have either a faulty USB cord or, which is more possible, batteries that are not charged completely. Always charge them before you make changes, otherwise you'll encounter errors or damage your boards

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Akimoto873
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Passion

« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »

@kakaduan: If you're following the instructions, did you also pay attention to the "run it as admin" thing? Also, be sure to change cour locale settings to US (if you're not an US resident) before running the program. Otherwise you'll encounter even more problems than only that message.
How did you order your saber? Did you choose any blue shade for FoC? If not, then it's probably an Emerald board issue. Try to remove the batteries in order to reset your saber. After that your saber should be working again. This can happen if you have communication problems between the Launcher and the saber, especially when using a faulty USB cord or when your batteries are not charged completely.

@Akimoto: For the error at the Launcher startup, try the "run as admin" option and change your locale settings to US (if you're not an US resident). The other errors can occur if you have either a faulty USB cord or, which is more possible, batteries that are not charged completely. Always charge them before you make changes, otherwise you'll encounter errors or damage your boards

Does not change anything. Installed as admin and run as admin. My computer is English. I have tried two different USB cords, a long and a short one. The batteries have been fully charged as well.
The symptoms indicate faulty software as I get an error just by running the software, regardless or not having an ultrasaber connected.

1. Bellicose [Blazing Red]

Lish
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2014, 02:29:58 AM »

Turn your saber on, then plug cable into saber. then usb end into laptop. wait for it to detect everything. 

~Also use a different usb or RETARD pc, then  follow the steps I gave you.  let me know if that works!~

/praise

1st shot!

After spending a full week, Sat to Sat, trying every solution on all of the "problem" threads, (and there were a alot of them, none of which helped my issue)

I pulled out the old POS alienware and ran the launcher like a dream... Huh

.....hmph, never woulda guessed it

Lish
 'of the Broken Order

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2014, 02:53:08 AM »

Similar story but different ending...  I tried continuously to get boot camp running on my Mac for a virtual PC... No luck... My Mac air may be too old or has had to many updates... Anyway I got a cheaply dell laptop with windows XP and loaded the launcher as well as required updates and it worked like a charm on the first try.  Way to go US for keeping PC alive...  Tongue. Seriously though, the launcher  works perfectly and the product is fantastic...   Now to work on next orders... Hmmm...

Zeverion
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

Light Side

« Reply #203 on: October 31, 2014, 04:57:33 PM »

I have som trouble with FoC in the Obsidian Launcher every time i change the number to 0.5 seconds and write pulse and color it jump's back to 5 seconds

Han Solo: I don't what we're gonna do now. Even if I could take off, I could never get past the tractor beam.
Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: Leave that to me.
Han Solo: Damn fool, I knew you were going to say that.
Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi: Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #204 on: October 31, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »

Easy to solve: change your locale to US, then you should have no problem with the times and colour previews in the Launcher Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rellim
Force Sensitive

o/

« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2014, 04:07:22 PM »

I've been trying constantly to get this launcher to load up and I'm at a loss.

I'm running Win 7, the saber is brand new and I'm using the 3.1.4 launcher in this thread.

Whenever I double click the launcher, whether it's through the desktop shortcut or the actual exe file in the folder, nothing happens. I can see the Obsidian program in the processes on my task manager so I know it's loaded up in some capacity but it refuses to show. The saber itself is recognized by the pc and the drivers install just fine. That part's actually the least of my concern.

I've re-downloaded, uninstalled, re-installed. All multiple times and all both as an administrator and just normally. Still nothing. I tried it once on another computer and it actually worked the first time. Then after I closed it, the same problem occurred and it won't start up again. I'd done literally nothing to the computer in that time between.

I'm not sure what else there is I can do at this point.

Hello guys

I've been searching this topic's pages for a while and have noticed this problem above coming up a few times. I havent yet found an answer to this that solves the problem. I too have a new emerald saber and tried the launcher. Worked fine. shut down the program. all good. then tried again, program wont pop up at all. process is running but doenst actually seem to do anything, regardless of a saber being connected to the pc at all. Tried re-installing, running installer and program as admin, and even in various compatability modes (winxp, win7), but no success. I myself am running on win8.
It seems to be a problem with the software program, and not with the saber or anything between the saber and the software.

Archangelmg81
Force Sensitive

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2015, 08:10:18 AM »

I just ordered my emerald and downloaded the driver but not working for mac. Whats up with that?

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »

There's no Mac version available right now. You can only run it on a Windows PC until there's a final Mac version available. Or you use Bootcamp to run a Windows copy on a Mac and run the Launcher that way.

Sig by Master Nero

Archangelmg81
Force Sensitive

« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2015, 02:02:29 AM »

Bought the emerald saber with sound but i have a mac. When will you make the obsidian launcher for mac? Coz i paid a lot of dosh for this and i can't utilize it.

Chuntington2013
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2015, 06:55:37 AM »

Not the answer you will want to hear, but right now you can use a Virtual Machine to run a virtual Windows Operating system, or you can use something like WineBottler

---------------------------------------------
Initiate V4 Consular Green
Aeon LE V4 RGBW Emerald
Guardian RGBW Emerald Obsidian Sound

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: