Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 16 bit @ 48khz????  (Read 3466 times)
Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« on: February 04, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »

i try to convert a sound to lsu using obsidian .LSU converter. however, it says that it only converts sounds at '16 bit @ 48khz'.
well, thats ok - APART FROM THE FACT ALL MY SOUNDS ARE FRIGGING 16 BLOODY BIT @ 48 SMEGGING KHZ!

any help? the program i am using to create my sounds is audacity, never had a problem before.

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »

Hi!

First of all: I think your problem is that Audacity has an additional MAster Setting in the bottom left corner, which you must set to 48000 in addition to the clip's.

And of course: check out Eerockk's thread. It's waterproof.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.0

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »

Hi!

First of all: I think your problem is that Audacity has an additional MAster Setting in the bottom left corner, which you must set to 48000 in addition to the clip's.

And of course: check out Eerockk's thread. It's waterproof.
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.0
you were right - i figured this out five minutes after i posted this!!!! thanks for your help, here is a point for your trouble!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:36:58 PM »

Hi!

Thanks DS! This actually still gets me from time to time. It's the easiest thing one can ignore in this process! Glad all is well!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 11:53:17 PM »

A Faa-Yal saber font coming out? Cool. Can't wait to see the results. xp

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 05:05:04 AM »

you were right - i figured this out five minutes after i posted this!!!! thanks for your help, here is a point for your trouble!
No trouble at all!

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »

A Faa-Yal saber font coming out? Cool. Can't wait to see the results. xp
there might be! i dont have an obsidian saber myself, only a stunt - cant afford one with sound, but my stunt is my baby, not sure if i want to replace it!
anyway, my sparring partner got himself an obsidian manticore, and want me to put starkiller font on it, so i did.

then i remembered a while ago him commenting how it would be cool to have sound effects - with duel of the fates on in the background. as im pretty good with this sort of thing, im giving it a go to surprise him. he is a bit of a biker, so im making it a heavy rock duel of the fates font with the effects.
so far, i have the startup with activation sound and song start, shutoff with deactivation sound and song end, and an idle hum with duel of the fates riff and hum. trying to get the saber sound and the music to sound good together and distinguish them apart is difficult, but managed it so far. they sound awesome, even if i say so myself... just the clash and lockup sounds to go.

when i am done, i will pop it up on here for you guys to try - if someone could tell me how!!!

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »

there might be! i dont have an obsidian saber myself, only a stunt - cant afford one with sound, but my stunt is my baby, not sure if i want to replace it!
anyway, my sparring partner got himself an obsidian manticore, and want me to put starkiller font on it, so i did.

then i remembered a while ago him commenting how it would be cool to have sound effects - with duel of the fates on in the background. as im pretty good with this sort of thing, im giving it a go to surprise him. he is a bit of a biker, so im making it a heavy rock duel of the fates font with the effects.
so far, i have the startup with activation sound and song start, shutoff with deactivation sound and song end, and an idle hum with duel of the fates riff and hum. trying to get the saber sound and the music to sound good together and distinguish them apart is difficult, but managed it so far. they sound awesome, even if i say so myself... just the clash and lockup sounds to go.

when i am done, i will pop it up on here for you guys to try - if someone could tell me how!!!

PM me anytime Faa-Yal! Always happy to help!

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »

Whoa, now you make me anxious! And with a PM to eerockk you will get a video review for free, I would bet!

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

Whoa, now you make me anxious! And with a PM to eerockk you will get a video review for free, I would bet!

But of course! I've been chompin at the bit for another review lately...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: