Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: favorite Star Wars character  (Read 10859 times)
Slaxxor
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 36

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »

Darth Vader.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »

I first saw Ep IV when I was 7 or so.  Naturally, Luke was my favorite character at that time.  

As they've released new films, and I've grown to appreciate certain other aspects of the films and life in general, as well as learn more about the Jedi (mostly stuff I don't agree with), my favorites have changed as well.

Currently, I think my favorite is really tough to call.  Definitely Anakin and Obi-Wan.  They're almost like Yin and Yang.  I also really like the Sith Code, as it's the only part of SW that specifically states freedom as its goal.  From that, I like Darths Maul, Vader, and Sidious.  Though Sidious is much lower since he wanted to rule everything instead of pursue personal freedom.

But overall, I think my favorite would be Han Solo, or any character that's like him.  I identify with the fierce independence of those types, and the general disdain for rules, within reason.  

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »

Going to have a to take a page out of Ricos book, R2 is by far anyway my favorite character.

I don't think there has ever been a time int he films when I looked at what R2 was up too and thought "R2 can't do that!", but the reality is he can.

It's probably because R2 is like the Batman of the Star wars movies.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jabari
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 57

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

Light Side: Obi-Wan Kenobi (I really like Ewan McGregor in that role, but don't forget Sir Alec Guinness!)

Of course!  But Ewan McGregor's version made me appreciate Alec Guinness's version more than I had as a kid.  Smiley

I do have to say that Luke was my first ever "movie crush".  His eyes look so blue in ROTJ!  Wink
Leia, is of course, the action princess.  "Somebody's got to save our skins!"
And Han is Harrison Ford.  Can't go wrong with '80s Harrison Ford.  Smiley

And Qui-Gon was briefly my favorite movie Jedi after Episode 1...until Obi-Wan caught up.

Adak Cyrnoc
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 85

May the force be with you.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 07:09:08 AM »

Awesome replies, kinda surprised that nobody said
Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Padme, Young Anakin,
Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass... to name a few 

The force is strong with this one...
It takes strength to resist the dark side, only the weak embrace it

current weapon stash; wont fit in this little box. 29 and growing

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

Awesome replies, kinda surprised that nobody said
Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Padme, Young Anakin,
Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass... to name a few 

You're surprised that nobody said Jar Jar? Cheesy

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »

Thoughts just from the movies?

No EU considerations?

Grin

I was a kid when Star Wars came out and it left a major imprint on my life as a neek (nerd-geek), so it would make sense that I have strong ties to the first three which would later be the next three films, primarily the first which ended up not being fourth...ah well, we do love our complexities.

Obi-Wan...old and new versions...that Dad I never had (I had a father, 38 to my mother's 15, yikes right? who left before I was born and then the hippie/cult leader who adopted me at 1yr old...thanks Sad  ) but wished I had...he fits the Dad and Grandfather role as well as favored teacher/professor or even trade master (I liked to consider him a master carpenter or artist)...Obi-Wan was written to be appreciated by all, the actors in question did much to help this process...hard not to like the character and the performances.

Han...bad boy with a heart...we all wanted to be him or date him (being generous here, I for one did not want a date)...and he was that first taste of being bad but doing good for many of us...a pirate with a heart...again, hard not to like the character and especially the actor...American acting royalty IMO.

Leia...at 11-12yrs old I was not looking at her as Comeon Iwanna but she was certainly a first interest level or entry level lady...a bar to measure others with lol...sassy and intelligent...

And the rest of the basic profile of liking what was presented to me...for the most part I like most all of the characters in some significant value...I am a fan of Star Wars as a whole.

But to pick a favorite character, one (good and evil)...

(good) I would say Han Solo made the first three (ok 4-6) movies what they were and Obi-Wan made the later (1-3) movies what they were...these two were the catalysts for the others to bond with each other and the stories

(evil) Vader is a pinnacle of the human process, anyone who has lived a full life with ups and downs, mistakes and successes, etc. will come to appreciate this character as a sad story, and pity him...or fear him...depending if you are working for him or not...but I would put Dooku as my favorite bad guy...the actor, iconic...the character, unforgiving in his darkness...elegant and lethal, proud and powerful, on paper a real bad arse and a threat to anyone

There was a mention of how much cheese was involved with Obi-Wan taking out Greivy...well might I mention a certain pruneface getting to wipe the table with a couple of true Jedi fighting heroes without them getting to fight back?

I do appreciate the pruneface angle, even though he is a real short Richard...it shows the sith to be what they truly are...selfish to the end, corrupted by power.

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 06:13:40 PM »

Thoughts just from the movies?

No EU considerations?

Grin

I was a kid when Star Wars came out and it left a major imprint on my life as a neek (nerd-geek), so it would make sense that I have strong ties to the first three which would later be the next three films, primarily the first which ended up not being fourth...ah well, we do love our complexities.

Obi-Wan...old and new versions...that Dad I never had (I had a father, 38 to my mother's 15, yikes right? who left before I was born and then the hippie/cult leader who adopted me at 1yr old...thanks Sad  ) but wished I had...he fits the Dad and Grandfather role as well as favored teacher/professor or even trade master (I liked to consider him a master carpenter or artist)...Obi-Wan was written to be appreciated by all, the actors in question did much to help this process...hard not to like the character and the performances.

Han...bad boy with a heart...we all wanted to be him or date him (being generous here, I for one did not want a date)...and he was that first taste of being bad but doing good for many of us...a pirate with a heart...again, hard not to like the character and especially the actor...American acting royalty IMO.

Leia...at 11-12yrs old I was not looking at her as Comeon Iwanna but she was certainly a first interest level or entry level lady...a bar to measure others with lol...sassy and intelligent...

And the rest of the basic profile of liking what was presented to me...for the most part I like most all of the characters in some significant value...I am a fan of Star Wars as a whole.

But to pick a favorite character, one (good and evil)...

(good) I would say Han Solo made the first three (ok 4-6) movies what they were and Obi-Wan made the later (1-3) movies what they were...these two were the catalysts for the others to bond with each other and the stories

(evil) Vader is a pinnacle of the human process, anyone who has lived a full life with ups and downs, mistakes and successes, etc. will come to appreciate this character as a sad story, and pity him...or fear him...depending if you are working for him or not...but I would put Dooku as my favorite bad guy...the actor, iconic...the character, unforgiving in his darkness...elegant and lethal, proud and powerful, on paper a real bad arse and a threat to anyone

There was a mention of how much cheese was involved with Obi-Wan taking out Greivy...well might I mention a certain pruneface getting to wipe the table with a couple of true Jedi fighting heroes without them getting to fight back?

I do appreciate the pruneface angle, even though he is a real short Richard...it shows the sith to be what they truly are...selfish to the end, corrupted by power.

My dear Relmeob,

have a point from me, not for your choice of characters (though I agree with your views) but for your way with words; that your are able to transport emotions so eloquently absorbs me nearly everytime I read one of your posts. Thanks a lot for sharing!

Adak Cyrnoc
Knight Templar

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »

You're surprised that nobody said Jar Jar? Cheesy

Jar Jar is the comic relief in episode 1. I'm sure alot
of the younger generation like him... I like him, far from
being my favorite. Some times he is irritating because
you can't understand him.

Adak Cyrnoc
Knight Templar

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »

Well said mate. I especially liked the part of liking Star Wars as a whole.

Devin_Raan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 42

I am worthy.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

obi wan kenobi and darth maul.

CENTER][/CENTER]

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 03:55:49 AM »

Han Solo... 'nuff said.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Shadow Ranger
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

I will find you...

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 06:48:18 PM »

Obi-wan Kenobi

Give me light side points or dark side points. I want YOU to choose where I stand

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »

R2, Vader, Han, Qui Gon, Maul

MastorPanok
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:19 AM »

Good question. Padme, obi wan, c3po, mace windu come on the dude has a purple lightsaber

MTFBWY

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: