Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ideas for those ordering or have Raven Sabers  (Read 1376 times)
Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:11 AM »

I took some pics showing why I use a 40" blade and the normal claws on the raven.

Tips at equal level showing the raven with Normal Claws an SS claw and my Liberator

The Liberator emitter is now equal level with the tips of the Normal Claws

Same as before but a shot of the blade lengths being compared once the length of the claws is considered

As you can see even with the shorter claws and a longer "40 blade over a "36 the Raven still lacks an inch of usable blade surface.

I wanted the raven to still look good but perform just as well as any saber with a "36 in blade in terms of usable blade space to block and attack.

This is just my opinion on what I like but I thought I would share it.

What are all your thought fellow foroumers?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:35 AM »

I like the Liberator with an av switch.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:49:36 AM »

My Libby may still be my fav saber. The AV switch just is perfect on it with the silver trim

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »

That was derailed quickly.

I got my Raven with the Super Sith claws, because I think the longer curve on them looks better.  Because the claws are a decorative option, I didn't consider them a factor in dueling functionality.  They look cool, and when there's gonna be a rough duel, I remove them.  That's mostly to keep them from getting bashed too hard or contacting with someone directly and causing injury.

In the setup of your pictures below, despite the extra inch or two of usable blade that the Libby has, I would give the advantage to the Raven.  Usually in a duel, most blade contact is in the upper to middle portion of the blade.  This is what you block with, strike with, and it's the part of the blade that people tend to see when you twirl the saber.  Losing the bottom few inches of your blade would not usually affect you that much.  The reason I gave the advantage to the Raven in your setup is because it has reach.  In all of those pictures, the Liberator's emitter is up above that of the Raven, forcing whoever's wielding it to either step closer, lean in, stretch farther, etc.  I suggest putting their emitters side by side, and seeing how much more length the Raven has with that 40" blade.  Maybe duel with someone and see how it goes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: