Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which of the seven samurai do you favor?  (Read 13872 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: February 09, 2013, 06:28:25 AM »

And if possible...don't try to piece them into a perfect guy...lol...just pick one  Smiley

Kambei Shimada (島田勘兵衛 Shimada Kanbei) the leader of the group and the first "recruited" by the villagers, he is a wise but war-weary soldier

Gorōbei Katayama (片山五郎兵衛 Katayama Gorōbei), a skilled archer recruited by Kambei. He acts as the second in command and helps create the master plan for the village's defense

Shichirōji (七郎次) He was formerly Kambei's lieutenant. Kambei meets him by chance in the town, and he resumes this role

Kyūzō (久蔵) He initially declined an offer by Kambei to join the group, though he later changes his mind. A serious, stone-faced samurai and a supremely skilled swordsman; Katsushirō is in awe of him

Heihachi Hayashida (林田平八 Hayashida Heihachi), recruited by Gorōbei. An amiable though less-skilled fighter. His charm and wit maintain his comrades' good cheer in the face of adversity

Katsushirō Okamoto (岡本勝四郎 Okamoto Katsushirō) a young untested warrior. The son of a wealthy landowner, he left home to become a samurai against his family's wishes. After witnessing Kambei rescue a child who was taken hostage, Katsushirō wants to be Kambei's disciple

Kikuchiyo (菊千代), a would-be samurai (right down to the false noble birth certificate) who eventually proves his worth. He is mercurial and temperamental. He identifies with the villagers and their plight

I guess the real test is if you have seen the movie...if you have not, well you should...as soon as possible.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »

I guess the real test is if you have seen the movie...if you have not, well you should...as soon as possible.

Like, right now. Really. Go watch it.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/215816

Why haven't you clicked on that link.

Stop reading this!

Go watch the movie!!!

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »

Which do you choose?

Grin

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »

Gorōbei Katayama (片山五郎兵衛 Katayama Gorōbei), a skilled archer recruited by Kambei. He acts as the second in command and helps create the master plan for the village's defense

For me...I was torn but this one fits me well I think  Smiley

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »

Katayama, I like his attitude and personality.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yTc8bHRVazw/UGfPFL8aujI/AAAAAAAAAp8/1GKDus9oSpI/s1600/Katayama.jpg

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 04:07:51 PM »

Katayama, I like his attitude and personality.

Hey! You put your pic in [url] instead of [pic]  Smiley  That is so Katayama of you! 

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:16:22 PM »

Heihachi Hayashida

His picture doesn't really match his personality, but he's my favorite because of his disposition within the group.

This film is like a template for the perfect adventure movie, every character has their place like in an RPG.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

Heihachi Hayashida

His picture doesn't really match his personality, but he's my favorite because of his disposition within the group.

This film is like a template for the perfect adventure movie, every character has their place like in an RPG

Agreed!

The movie is a true masterpiece...the word is often thrown around, but in this case it is true.

I found another pic/gif for you Kham

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »

There is of course other variations on the original...

The American Western version which is quite good but owes everything to the original...The Magnificent Seven

And a recent anime post apoc version which is also good but in an anime way...Samurai 7

While fun these do not compare to the original.

(there was a crap TV show...but much like a fart on a first date, just pretend it did not happen)

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »

I would also have to say Gorōbei Katayama. although serious in his duties(he he duties) He still keeps his sense of humor which the group needed...then miss when it is gone.
(no it doesn't count as a spoiler because the movie has been out for 59 years!)

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

JapzLapeno
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 52

Enemies strengthen you. Allies weaken.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 10:29:23 AM »

Kikuchiyo.  Someone who assumes a persona of greatness and honor to escape his embarrassingly humble life.  Has the temperament of a beast, but it also smarter and more compassionate than anyone knows or he's wiling to admit.

A Bug's Life has a very similar story.  A group of farmers are forced to work themselves to death by a group of bandits who intend on taking all of their crops for themselves.  The farmers send one (in this version) of their own to go out and recruit a group of warriors to fight for them.  However the supposed warriors turn out to be far less than expected, so they fortify their defenses, relying on their cunning more than combat skills, and in the end the farmers and the warriors have to work together to fight off the bandits.  It's pretty much the same story, but with 9 bugs instead of 7 and none of them die.

"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »

True true and it was a good movie also   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print