Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 Director To Take On Stephen King’s CELL  (Read 900 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: February 11, 2013, 01:47:37 AM »

A movie adaptation of Stephen King's "zombie" novel, Cell, has been in the works for a while now. At one point it was going to be an Eli Roth joint, but then Eli Roth went on to involve himself with many other, far crazier joints than King's scared old person screed against technology would supply.

But now Cell seems to have gained a more permanent director in Tod Williams, director of Paranormal Activity 2. I can't really say if that's a good thing or a bad thing. A Paranormal Activity movie demands an extremely different aesthetic than a film like Cell, but I don't subscribe to the simplistic notion that a found footage director can only make found footage films. I also refuse to rate the guy based on a Paranormal Activity movie because I strongly dislike that whole series regardless of who's in charge.

Cell is a late period Stephen King book. My general impression is that most fans dislike it. I actually thought it was pretty good. It's no Richard Bachman effort, but for post-wreck King, I thought it was a successful, modest horror novel with an ending that didn't ruin everything that came before. With King, that's about the best you can hope for. Plot-wise, it's about an insect like android named Cell who tries to destroy the world after achieving his full power potential by swallowing other, lesser androids whole. He can only be stopped with hours and hours and hours of kung-fu powering up and posing and heavy breathing.

John Cusack will star in the film. The screenplay has apparently been written by King himself and The Last House on the Left writer Adam Alleca. Production should begin in May.

Source: http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/08/paranormal-activity-2-director-to-take-on-stephen-kings-cell/

=============================================================

Very excited for this, I hope it's done well. Anybody else here read the book? I really liked it, but I like most of what Stephen King does.

Here’s the official blurb for the book:

Artist Clayton Riddell had been in Boston negotiating a successful deal to sell his comic book project.  His joy at finally hitting it big is shattered by an event called The Pulse which causes all those who were using their cell phones at the time of The Pulse to become zombies attacking and killing anyone in their way.

Fortunately for Clay, he does not own a cell phone.  In the panic to get out of Boston and find his way home to his wife and son in Maine, he is joined by Tom McCourt, a man he meets in the meleé immediately following The Pulse and a young girl, Alice, who they rescue from being killed by one of the “crazies.”  The story follows their terrifying journey, avoiding capture—and worse—by the “crazies” who are beginning to “flock” and are led by one they call Raggedy Man as they attempt to reach Maine and a place called Kashwak which they hope will be their salvation.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: