Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Device Configuration Failed  (Read 11081 times)
Skywalker1422
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

Either points are fine, I'm on the edge!

« on: February 13, 2013, 12:16:15 AM »

Hi,
  I apologized if this has been asked before. I searched it and nothing came up. I just got my new saber with the new soundboard and I have the newest update to the ver 3 soundboard as well. Whenever I try to put a new sound font on it it comes up saying "Device Configuration Failed". Does anyone know how to fix this?
   Thanks

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 02:51:09 AM »

What launcher are you using and have you got both still on the computer?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Skywalker1422
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:54:46 AM »

Im using the newest one that came out on Tuesday and yes I still have both but I did uninstall ver2 before installing ver 3!

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »

Hmm and you have the saber on and connected before you open the launcher?

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Skywalker1422
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »

yeah everytime, idk whats up with it!

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:55 PM »

Thats really weird. And the computer sees the saber?

C=Custom, D=Dark

Skywalker1422
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:41:15 PM »

Yeah, it installed, sees it and not only that but I CAN change the settings like flash on clash, impact debouncing and thresholds and all that. It just wont let me change my soundfonts. It comes up with the device configuration failed.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 01:40:58 AM »

Try re-setting to factory defaults, then try loading a new font on, then try doing your custom settings. Had to do that a few times with the newer sound fonts.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

gaines
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

Make my blade pulse/shimmer!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 06:55:11 PM »

I'm having the same problem. Followed all the instructions. Able to change timing settings, but when I try to upload sounds it gives Device Configuration Failed and I haven't been able to find a log or any other troubleshooting info.

Wielding the Graflex CE (Blazing Red Ultraedge, Silver FoC, Li-Ion, BuckPuck, Recharge Port, Obsidian USB Sound)
Help me add pulse/shimmer to a UltraSaber!

Gilgamesh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

Me, Halloween 2012 If appropriate..dark point plz

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 04:41:35 AM »

same problem here

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »

Please make sure you are logged in as your computer administrator.  If you have multiple user accounts on your computer it is VERY important that you are logged in as the administrator before doing any of this.  Then please try uninstalling ALL versions of the Obsidian Launcher (new and old, all of them) and then only install the newest version from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0 And again make sure this is done as the Administrator.

Then right click on the Obsidian program after it is installed and click on run as administrator.  Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »

Then when you go to upload the soundfont please make sure that you fill each soundbank (boot, power on, power off, etc) yourself, do not leave whatever was in there, even if you are putting the same font in its place be sure that you manually fill each and every bank yourself and then see if it allow you to download the soundfont onto the soundboard.

Erase all of the ones that are there first, then reload the sounds as Deep suggests. It's an extra step, but when I don't do this, I usually miss one and it fails too.

Deep: Could I suggest that a future update to the launcher be made to start out with empty sound bank slots on the right side to force users to load all the slots appropriately? This issue will evaporate if so.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

MikeStar007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 03:10:49 AM »

That worked for me !!!! Just had to take all the founts off and put new ones on

Thanks!

AdamFloyd
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »

Hello,

I Just received my first ultrasaber today (8/6/13) and its awesome! But I wanted to change the font and I am having this problem. After finally adding all the fonts that I want and everything is ready, I click the write sound files to device button and i get this same error [Device Configuration Failed]. I have tried on two different computers and two different USB cords. It just wont work. I saw that removing the old fonts might fix this problem but i honestly do not know how to delete them. Only mute them. Can someone please help me!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 02:29:19 AM »

Hello,

I Just received my first ultrasaber today (8/6/13) and its awesome! But I wanted to change the font and I am having this problem. After finally adding all the fonts that I want and everything is ready, I click the write sound files to device button and i get this same error [Device Configuration Failed]. I have tried on two different computers and two different USB cords. It just wont work. I saw that removing the old fonts might fix this problem but i honestly do not know how to delete them. Only mute them. Can someone please help me!

You just have to double click them to remove them from the right side. Hopefully that will load the font. (Don't leave any blanks either!:))

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: