Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Shock--Blazing Red  (Read 11787 times)
Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -126

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« on: May 01, 2011, 12:24:52 AM »

Well, here's my pride & joy folks!! The Dark Shock in Blazing Red w/ Ultraedge midgrade blade, pointed tip and Sith sound! I'm not completely sure, but I think this is the first Dark Shock review. Bear with me, because I've never done a review before. I'm not rating anything, just giving my opinion. Sorry about the quality on the pics (phone camera) and that I don't have video for the sound (it's great though!).

Durability: I haven't been able to duel with anybody, but these sabers are VERY durable! The hilt especially, seems very solid. I have a midgrade blade which is pretty durable, but you don't want to be hitting it against hard objects like wood or metal. I've heard that the heavy grade blades can be used against some harder stuff, such as, training bokkan or wooden staffs (probably still not metal).

Appearance: This saber looks GREAT! You can tell the quality and craftsmanship in the hilt. The lathing & anodizing is well done. I think it has an elegant & traditional look to it, yet still looks like a weapon a Sith or maybe Dark Jedi might wield. The Ultraedge blade looks really nice & bright! The color comes out orange on camera, but trust me, it's really red off camera. Check it out....!!

Handling: This is a REALLY good 2-handed saber. Whether you like your hands apart or together, either way. It's a good 1-handed saber, but probably not if you're a smaller person (you need a pretty strong hand and arm to wield it 1-handed). The 90 degree off-set of the activation switch and the covertec wheel works out really! They both fit in the natural gap between the fingers and palm when gripping the hilt. However, the off-set isn't left-hand friendly (i'm sure you could get one made the other way). The balance point is just about an 1" above the emitter, on the blade (this is with sound). All together (hilt, blade, sound & batteries), it weighs a little under 1.5 pounds. Here's some more pics for an idea of hand placement....

Normally I wouldn't post this pic (it's not a good one of me), but I think the blade looks sooo "REAL" in it!!!!

Well....there it is!! Hope you all like it!!! Cool
A BIG thanks to Ultrasabers for my AWESOME saber!!!!  Grin

Edit: I have since done some customizing to this. Check it out here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1412.0
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:06:57 AM by Warlock Kush » Logged

"Malificent"--Dark Shock w/Sith sound__Blazing Red
"Carnage"--SS ed. RGB Raven
"Dominator"--Bane w/Obsidian__Pyrestone Orange/Dark Violet

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:13:47 AM »

nice review even though i would prefer the shock in the lightside le it looks pretty sick in black, nice choice for a first saber Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Paul
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:26:15 AM »

Nice review and great pictures! Do you like having the bullet point on it?

Dark Standard Issue Staff - Arctic Blue

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:17:12 AM »

Yeah, I like the tip & I like the Ultraedge. I think next time I'm getting a standard heavy grade, so I can see what it's like.  Cool

@ Big Boss: I know, the lightside version IS really sweet!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:23:32 AM by Warlock Kush » Logged

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »

I started out with he Mid Grade Ultra Edge.  Then I ordered the Heave Grade Ultra Edge.  Then I ordered the Heavy Grade Non Ultra Edge.  Once I saw how beautiful the LEDs look in the Heavy Grade Non Ultra Edge, that's all that I've ever ordered since Smiley

Stopher
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »

Nice review and nive pics, except the top one kind on makes it look purple Cry . This is exactly what I want for my next saber, or the LE with Artic blue and Jedi sound.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »

Yeah, the lighting on that one sucked! Either one would be a good choice! I wish I had the LE to go along with my Dark, but I'm saving up for a Raven!!!  Cool
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:25:51 AM by Warlock Kush » Logged

Darth Ryuyee
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -57

The Bolas Brood Leader

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 11:33:25 PM »

Very nice first saber! Like it Grin

Dark Prophecy- Blazing Red
Dark Liberator-Consular Green
Dark War Glaive W/Sound-Guardian Blue
PVC Prophecy-Guardian Blue (niece's)
Dark Standard Issue-Violet Amethyst

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »

Very nice first saber! Like it Grin
Why, thank you kind sir!  Cheesy

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 03:59:38 AM »

I think this is the way I Most Prefer the Shock, Very Nice Work Brother in Darkness

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Mikkyo of the Sith
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 07:21:22 AM »

I think this is the way I Most Prefer the Shock, Very Nice Work Brother in Darkness
  What he said.  Cool
  Been thinking about how rad this exact combo would be. Go you.
 But as a note, HG blades have an H for a reason.  Wink Using one handed with HG Will work out muscles if your dueling ppl consistently. Just saying. I personally only use HG UE's.

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »

Thank you, Dark Brothers!

@ Mikkyo of the Sith: I was actually just thinking about that earlier! Gonna be getting one next time for sure! Cool

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »

Wow, what an awesome dark side saber.  Very nice.  I want one now!  Maybe a normal Shock in green or SRD... I'm hopelessly addicted to green sabers lol

Warlock Umbra
Knight Commander

Dark Wizard of the Sith

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »

Wow, what an awesome dark side saber.  Very nice.  I want one now!  Maybe a normal Shock in green or SRD... I'm hopelessly addicted to green sabers lol
If you got the extra money, I'd get the Shock LE! I knew I wanted the Dark Shock, but the LE version was calling strongly as well!!  Grin

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »

If you got the extra money, I'd get the Shock LE! I knew I wanted the Dark Shock, but the LE version was calling strongly as well!!  Grin

Not a bad idea, but I kinda like the simplicity of the regular Shock.  I'll definitely consider the LE tho...

I was wondering, is the handle pretty thick?  It kind of looks that way, I mean I would expect it has to be to hold the soundboard.  Also, how is the Sith sound?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: