Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Glitchy Lightsaber and Soundboard  (Read 3283 times)
t3ddi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: February 15, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »

Hello all, I just received my first ultrasaber a few days ago and thought I would try installing a new soundfont in it. I tried the new Obsidian Launcher v3.0.4 and it crashed on me multiple times but I liked the new features available in it and figured I would be able to provide some information to help fix bugs in the program through my experience. Unfortunately when I went to upload the sounds I kept getting the same error message despite trying all troubleshooting techniques in the Help file of the O.L as well as what I could find on the forum. This error message was Device Configuration Failed.

Thwarted in my efforts I installed v2.2.2 of Obsidian Launcher and reattempted installation of a different soundfont from the Ultrasabers site.
It continued to fail uploading around 75-80% completion. I then gave up on that particular soundfont and attempted to install the Classic soundfont with a reduced selection of sounds to simplify the upload procedure.

I have attempted to upload the soundfonts many times and have supposably `successfully`uploaded soundfonts to the saber but my efforts are irrelevant at this time because my problem has gotten MUCH WORSE.

At this time I have attempted to reinstall the Default Obsidian soundfont as well as reset all configurations to Default and my lightsaber is no longer flashing on clash or in lockup. In addition the sound effects are quite glitchy. For example it will sometimes play a clash file when powered on despite having a poweron.lsu file in place as well as being FAR too sensitive.

I`m quite distraught. Please help me restore my lightsaber  Cry

t3ddi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »

I fixed my FoC problems by going back to the v3.0.4 software and enabling the checkboxes for FoC and Lockup.
I`m still working on the sensitivity and sound issues.

t3ddi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »

It seems that the sensitivity issues were resolved by restoring the default settingsparameters according to the v3.0.4 rather than according to the v2.2.2 default parameters. Smiley

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »

Is the default parameters different between launchers?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

t3ddi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »

It was a different lightsaber enthusiast who had hooked my lightsaber up to his computer and v2.2.2 and he said he restored it to the default settings so I can`t really corroborate any differences in default settings. All I can tell you is that when I loaded it up in v3.0.4 and hit restore defaults the sliders moved dramatically.

I just successfully uploaded the default obsidian soundfont with v3.0.4 as well! Such good news. I feel like I`m using a different program than I was last night as I am having such a different (excellent) experience with it today. Smiley

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:24:42 PM »

Just note you can't use the ver 2 launcher with a 3 board without hurting it.

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

t3ddi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »

I was under the impression you couldn`t use a v2 board in the new v3 program... I didn`t realize that my v3 board wasn`t compatible with the v2 program?

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »

Deep changed the page because people were having problems. I tried it n my 2 software and just had errors gallore.

C=Custom, D=Dark

t3ddi
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 09:42:37 PM »

Whoops, thanks for letting me know about that. I am surprised I missed that. I`m just so glad I got things working again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: