Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Sentinel Part I Chapter II  (Read 1300 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« on: February 18, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »

===========================================================================

Hey guys, here is chapter II of my story. I'd like to thank you guys for reading it. I'm going to try to write these faster but it's a matter of time and inspiration. As always, let me know what you think. Criticism is always welcome. Also, to return the favor, if you haven't read Kuroth Metro's stories and like cliffhangers, I highly recommend them. Without further a due, here is the next part.

If you wish to issue points, light side points are appreciated. At least for now.  Wink

===========================================================================

3,956 BBY 3 Months and 2 weeks after bombardment of Taris

The Sentinel Part I Chapter II

As Sato returned to the Garuda to take on his next mission, he felt a sense of emptiness aboard the ship. In his previous mission, he had lost many Republic Navy personnel that were placed under his command. The mission was logged as a success but Sato felt otherwise. During the whole mission, he lost forty-seven living, breathing people who were following his command. He couldn't help but feel the guilt that this brought on. These were forty-seven men and women that would never see their families again. He realized this was the reality of command in a war that tore the galaxy in two and yet, he couldn't help but feel horrible. Aside from Captain Marso, Sato had personally known twelve of the men who perished aboard the Aigaion. He visualized their faces. He saw their smiles during the childish pranks that took place between the crew of the Garuda. He saw the tears of the men who lost friends or received bad news from loved ones. Then he saw the twisted bodies of those he once called friends. It proved to be too much to bear. He quickly excused himself and went to the refresher. He felt sickened and overwhelmed by these visions of days passed. Sato would spend the next rotation switching between meditation and overwhelming nausea.

The next morning there was a knock on his door. “Who is it?” he asked. A familiar voice ran through and said “Ensign Tarpa, sir.” Sato gathered himself and opened the door. A halfhearted smile went across the Ensign's face. “Are you feeling better, sir?” he inquired. “Much better, thank you.”, Sato returned “Is there something you need my friend?” “Sir, you are requested on deck. The new Captain has arrived.” Tarpa replied, “He wants to meet you sir.” As Sato put his saber on his belt he said, “Very well... And what did I tell you about calling me sir?” “Sorry si-... Sato.” he corrected himself as Sato gave him a glare.

As they arrived on deck, the new Captain turned to face the Jedi. The Captain looked nothing like what Sato had expected. During these times, younger officers are often thrust into command to replace the older officers that were either killed or retired. This Captain was a much older man. His cool, gray eyes matched his hair. He had many scars on his face from flying debris. His black and white mustache was neatly trimmed at the corners of his mouth. His uniform was decorated with the medals and ribbons of a war hero. This was a man who had seen many battles. Sato couldn't help but size him up as he approached.

As he reached the Captain, they both outstretched their hands. “I am Captain Tiberious Dasum.” he said. His voice was gravelly but crisp and stern, “And you must be Sato Kast. I've heard about your last mission. They're calling you the Crusader of Taris.” As he said that, Sato couldn't help but have a flash of resentment in his eyes. He had heard his new nickname before and he despised it. 'How could they think suck names are appropriate for such horrible actions?' “If it's all the same to you Captain, I prefer to be called Sato.” “Very well, Sato.” He remarked, “I have our mission briefing here. It seems that a large force of the Sith military are located on Kashyyyk. Our mission is to locate the force, find out why they are there, how many, and defeat them.” “Any idea who's leading them?” Sato asked. “There are a lot of rumors out there. Some are saying that it's just a few dark acolytes. Others are saying Meetra Surik. There are even a few who are saying Revan himself is there. We don't know for sure.” “This could be very troubling Captain.” Sato muttered. The same cold chill ran up his spine. “I can handle a few acolytes and even Surik, but Revan... I'm not strong enough to defeat Revan. At least not alone.” “Well let us hope he isn't there then.” Dasum replied. “Prepare for light speed!” As the hyperdrive fired up, the ship roared and then disappeared from the sector.

As the ship entered the Kashyyyk sector, the Captain was on the deck drawing up a strategy. Sato was in his quarters meditating. Tarpa was watching him intensely. He was always amazed at Sato's focus. His brown eyes widened with wonder as Sato raised his lightsaber using the force, taking it apart to reveal the yellow crystal which shined and glistened like the sun, only to re-shroud it into the hilt as he put it back together. Sato never minded when Tarpa was around for his meditation. He was always quiet and out of the way. Sometimes, Tarpa even joined him in his meditation, learning to clear his mind of all distractions.

In an instant Sato opened his eyes and caught his saber mid-air, startling the young Ensign. “We've arrived.” he whispered. They got up and headed straight to the bridge. Just then an alarm sounded. Over the intercom the Captain yelled. “All pilots to your ships! There are fighters headed our way! I repeat, all pilots get to your fighters!” 'Well if they didn't know we were coming, they do now.' Sato thought. He and Tarpa ran to the bridge as fast as their feet would carry them. As they burst through the door an enemy fighter slammed into the bridge. It disintegrated upon impact as teal colored  waves spread across the view port. “Thank the Force for deflector shields.” The Ensign yelled as he wiped the sweat from his brow. Sato nodded as they made it to the captain.

As Sato stood next to the captain he could see where the fighters were coming from. The Sith Dreadnaught “Marauder” was orbiting the planet. “Captain!” Sato yelled, “We need to beat back that Dreadnaught if we are to get to the planet!” “Don't you think I know that!?” Dasum barked, “This isn't my first battle Jedi! It certainly won't be my last.” Sato could sense his irritation at the Jedi's remark. He felt a sense of superiority to the Jedi that the captain felt, not just at Sato, but the whole order. This worried Sato. The captain is in charge of the mission assigned to the one man on the ship that the captain disliked.

As the battle raged on, Garuda finally came into firing range. As the two ships made their first pass they opened fire, both sides scoring effective hits on each other. The two ships pounded at each other as the fighters swarmed like insects. The bridge rattled from impact after impact of fighters crashing and the cannons racking the ship. The battle would be decided by whoever can hold out the longest from the others barrage.

Finally, Marauder broke off and fled into hyperspace. Garuda had sustained moderate damage and casualties but was in good enough shape to complete the mission. As Sato went to the hangar to embark on one of the transports, the captain went to see him off. “Good luck Master Jedi” the captain said with a smile “May the Force be with you.” “Thank you.” he replied. He could feel that the captain was insincere but had no time to dispute it. As the transport doors closed and they took off, he could feel the same familiar chill run through him...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

I Fight For Justice, And Serve The Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »

This story is awesome, I give it 4/5 Cheesy

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

I planned to do the whole mission in one sitting but it was long as is and I couldn't be sure that I'd have enough time to write the whole thing. The next part is fresh in my mind so I'll do some more brainstorming and start again later today. At the earliest, part III will be out later today. At the latest in a day or two (fingers crossed)

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: