Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Sentinel Part I Chapter III  (Read 1018 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« on: February 18, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »

========================================================================
Alright everyone, it looks like it was sooner rather than later with the next part. What can I say? When you're on a roll, you're on a roll. Same thing goes as last post. Criticism is more than welcome. If something seems poorly done, let me know so I can improve. Thanks for reading guys and gals. Please enjoy.

3,956 3 months 2 weeks 3 days after bombardment of Taris

The Sentinel Part I Chapter III

As the transports entered the atmosphere there wasn't a word spoken in the troop bay. The only sounds that could be heard were the pilots on their comlinks, the roar of the engines, and the occasional cough or sneeze. The bay glowed ominously from the readouts on the system computers. The bay shook violently from the turbulence. Each of the team members checked each others gear. Sato could sense the fear and anxiety from each trooper. There were a total of five transport ships making drops.

The pilot chimed in over the comlink through static. It was hard to understand her through the interference. “Sir... We're splitting up ssssssss drop ssssss rendezvous ssssss Delta 2-9-ss-3.” “Say again pilot.” Sato responded. “We're sssssss up from each other ssss drop. Rendezvous sector De-” Before the pilot could finish, a rocked tore through the wing of the transport. The ship started spinning violently. “Everyone brace yourselves!” the pilot yelled. She was trying desperately to regain control of the ship. “We're going down hard!” “Everyone hold onto whatever you can!” Sato yelled. As the ship slammed into the ground Sato was hurled forward into one of the computers and knocked unconscious. The ship skid across the ground until coming to rest on the jungle floor.

As Sato began to regain consciousness he started to look around. His shoulder had a gash in it and he had a bump on his head but otherwise was unharmed. As his vision became more clear, he realized that most of the passengers weren't so lucky. As he was checking for survivors he heard a sound outside. He grabbed his lightsaber and jumped through the open hatch. As he landed outside he was greeted by three survivors. “Is this all that made it trooper?” He asked, trying to hide the concern in his voice. “Yes sir. We're the only ones that made it out of the bay.” “And the pilot?” he inquired. “She's dead too.” The trooper replied. “Alright. We need to rendezvous with everyone else. Did you catch the coordinates we were supposed to follow?” Sato asked full of hope. The trooper sighed and shook his head. “All I caught was that we have to go to sector Delta.” “Alright. Either way we need to get out of THIS sector. The Sith are surely on their way here to pick off any survivors.” As they walked past the cockpit Sato took a look inside. The pilot was a twisted and bloody mess. She had been torn apart trying to save the ship and passengers. “We'll make sure they didn't die in vain, sir.” The trooper remarked, putting his hand on Sato's shoulder. Sato nodded and responded “We surely will trooper...”

As they continued through the jungle Sato got to know the three troopers. There was Sgt. Cordik. He was originally the second in command not counting Sato. He is a short, stocky man with hazle eyes and blond hair. He has a good sense of humor, always ready with a joke or pun to lighten morale. He's married and had three children back home on Alderaan.

Then there was Pvt. Von. She's a young woman with brown hair and green eyes. She is very beautiful and was aware of the fact. She used this to survive in the lower parts of Coruscant. It was that trait that got her into trouble with the authorities when she tried to con a gambler using her charm. She had a choice of three years in prison or two years of service in the Republic Military. Otherwise she is very humble and polite. Whether this is from her training or her real personality is anyone's guess.

Finally, there is Cpl. Skark. He is a tall and strong farmer who came from Dantooine. Not far from where Sato and Marso grew up as a matter of fact. He isn't the smartest of the group, but he could easily be considered the most loyal. He has a girlfriend back home on Dantooine who he plans to marry when he returns home.

As nightfall started to arrive, the group began searching for shelter once they felt that they were far enough away from the crash site. As they moved up the ridge, they came across a cave. “It isn't much... But it'll do for tonight.” Cordik said softly. As the group entered the cave, they checked around to make sure there wasn't anything too unfriendly there for company. Once the cave was cleared they set up camp.

Sato was sitting near the entrance while the three soldiers sat around the fire for warmth. He thought of the soldiers who died today. He thought of how they never had a chance to defend themselves. All it took was one rocket to kill over twenty soldiers. His thoughts drifted to the pilot. Her lifeless body, or what was left of it in the cockpit. 'She could have ejected at any time.' he thought, 'But no, she sacrificed herself to try and save everyone else. Yet she'll never be recognized as the hero she is, nor anyone else on that ship.' The thought of those wasted lives angered him. He could feel his growing hate swelling, putting him in almost a trance-like state. He could see the faces of his fallen friends. They were laughing. Suddenly the went from laughing to screaming as they were slowly slain one by one. He could see these visions but all he could do was watch. He was paralyzed by fear and anger. He saw his dear friend Marso. He was staring at Sato. His serious green eyes piercing Sato's soul. He started yelling at Sato. “You should be dead, not me! I can never see my family again because of you!” His voice was shrieking now. A piercing yell. “Your fault!” he began to chant. Soon he was joined by the others who died on the last mission. Soon the soldiers from the transport were chanting along with them, surrounding him. The pilot grabbed his shoulder hissing “You did this!!!” “No! Please!” Sato pleaded but the voices continued.

“Sir!” Von yelled. Suddenly Sato came out of his trance. He was clearly startled. “Y-yes?” he asked, a tear rolling down his face. “Are you alright sir? You were muttering nonsense for the last ten minutes.” “I-I'm fine... Just... Just a bad dream I suppose.” Von looked concerned but changed the subject. “Are you hungry? We've got some of the ration kits cooked.” “No thank you. I just need to think. You enjoy them.” Sato replied. “Yeah, 'enjoy' them.” she said rolling her eyes. “Not sure I would use that word but suit yourself. We'll save you some if you change your mind.” As she turned and walked away she muttered about enjoying them and laughed. Sato had a small smile from the comment but it quickly faded. 'What could those visions mean?' he pondered, 'And why now?' Sato closed his eyes to meditate.

During his meditation, he tried to block the faces of his former friends but they continued to taunt him. They blamed him for their deaths. He continued to plead and apologize to them, but their twisted and shrieking voices still tormented him through the night. He awoke with a start. 'They're right...' he thought, 'It is all my fault that they're dead. But I couldn't save them...' He looked around. As the sun rose, he woke the others calmly. “Time to go.” he told each of them.

As everyone geared up, Sato looked into the vast jungle and thought about the mission ahead. 'This isn't going to be easy.' he thought. He was thinking of the dreams he had the previous night. He stood there, just staring. Pvt. Von patted his shoulder and nodded at him reassuringly. They climbed down the ridge and headed into the jungle toward sector Delta.
That concludes chapter three everyone. As you can see, it's getting a lot darker than the first chapter. Let me know what you guys thought about the chapter.

Thanks for reading,
Abaddon (Abby)

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Kuroth Metro
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 34

I Fight For Justice, And Serve The Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:30:18 AM »

This is great, Really enjoyable

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: