Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Crimson Reaper in AS  (Read 5843 times)
faheyb
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 20

« on: February 19, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »

Okay, it has been a while since I posted a review of anything on the forums, so please bear with me as I try to make my pics work. 

This review is for The Crimson Reaper (sounds like a supervillain) in Adegan Silver with FoC BR and Obsidian sound with red A/V switch.  This is my 4th "grown-up" saber and my 7th overall since I bought 3 initiates for my kids.  I say "grown-up" saber because those are the ones I don't let the kids touch. . .yet.  These are the ones that have all the bells and whistles and are a little heavy for a 10, 7 and 5 year-old to wield effectively.  Anyways, I digress.  The Crimson Reaper (once again. . .supervillain)  is beautifully machined and is very ornate with the inlaid design and curved claws.  I love the various claws US puts on their sabers, makes them look more menacing or formidable.  It is a little hefty, but neither the heft or the claws get in the way of combat applications.  And if the claws do get in the way, the ingenious engineers at US installed a way that you can either remove the claws or just shift them out of your way on the hilt.  Thank you so much for that US.  I picked AS as the color because I had always wanted an AS blade and this hilt is perfect for that color.  It provides a wonderful contrast while at the same time accentuating the silver metalwork.  It really is beautiful.  And when I add the lock-up with the BR FoC, it is wild to see!! The only issue I have with this hilt, and it is minor, is that the two body pieces don't quite line up perfectly.  I may be able to get an o-ring and fix that.  Once again, it is minor and really doesn't detract from the beauty of this saber.  I highly recommend this saber and want to thank US for continuing to raise the bar when it comes to making unique sabers for their fans.

Okay, I haven't loaded pics in a long while, so I am going to try this.  I have been reading some of the threads, and I hope this works.  If it doesn't will someone please give me a hand? 

If this works, or if someone helps me, I will also do a short review of my Raven as well.  Maybe get bold and do a Youtube video.  I hope you all enjoy the pics. . .assuming this works.  Comments and critiques welcome. 

Dark War Glaive Blazing Red Obsidian
Shock Arctic Blue Obsidian FOC Silver
Raven SS Violet Amethyst Obsidian FOC Silver
Crimson Reaper Adegan Silver Obsidian FOC Blazing Red
Dark Prophecy V3 CG FOC AS Obsidian
LE Shock Fire Orange Obsidian FOC Silver
Manticore Sentinel Yellow Obsidian FOC Orange
Dark Initiate Sentinel Yellow Stunt

faheyb
Knight Ensign

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »

Rats!! Erg!  Back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:20:42 PM by faheyb » Logged

faheyb
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 09:14:10 PM »

Okay, until I figure this out, here are the links: 

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13046.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13046.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=136130829577405810985054440392

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13044.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1#/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13044.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1&_suid=1361308334046046990536355586115

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13041.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2#/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13041.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2&_suid=136130838064106393432036686939

http://s1162.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13036.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3#/user/Hexigore/media/2-19-13036.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3&_suid=1361308406624041827948410742005

Sorry about this.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »

Okay, it has been a while since I posted a review of anything on the forums, so please bear with me as I try to make my pics work. 

This review is for The Crimson Reaper (sounds like a supervillain) in Adegan Silver with FoC BR and Obsidian sound with red A/V switch.  This is my 4th "grown-up" saber and my 7th overall since I bought 3 initiates for my kids.  I say "grown-up" saber because those are the ones I don't let the kids touch. . .yet.  These are the ones that have all the bells and whistles and are a little heavy for a 10, 7 and 5 year-old to wield effectively.  Anyways, I digress.  The Crimson Reaper (once again. . .supervillain)  is beautifully machined and is very ornate with the inlaid design and curved claws.  I love the various claws US puts on their sabers, makes them look more menacing or formidable.  It is a little hefty, but neither the heft or the claws get in the way of combat applications.  And if the claws do get in the way, the ingenious engineers at US installed a way that you can either remove the claws or just shift them out of your way on the hilt.  Thank you so much for that US.  I picked AS as the color because I had always wanted an AS blade and this hilt is perfect for that color.  It provides a wonderful contrast while at the same time accentuating the silver metalwork.  It really is beautiful.  And when I add the lock-up with the BR FoC, it is wild to see!! The only issue I have with this hilt, and it is minor, is that the two body pieces don't quite line up perfectly.  I may be able to get an o-ring and fix that.  Once again, it is minor and really doesn't detract from the beauty of this saber.  I highly recommend this saber and want to thank US for continuing to raise the bar when it comes to making unique sabers for their fans.

Okay, I haven't loaded pics in a long while, so I am going to try this.  I have been reading some of the threads, and I hope this works.  If it doesn't will someone please give me a hand? 

If this works, or if someone helps me, I will also do a short review of my Raven as well.  Maybe get bold and do a Youtube video.  I hope you all enjoy the pics. . .assuming this works.  Comments and critiques welcome. 

All you need to do is click the link to the right of the pic in photobucket (since that's what you're using)...the link that has the IMG code. Then paste that and away you go!

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

That is so beautiful. I originally hated the Reaper model but you made me like it! Point for Adegan Silver and changing my mind!

Galiewen05
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

I'm one of the good guys!

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »

Yeah, I also have to say that I'm not really a big fan of the reaper models, but the latest reviews here on the forum changed my mind. First i saw was a black one with a yellow blade.....lovely, and now yours in crimson with an AS blade with BR foc....perfect combination....

Maybe I'll save some money to get a reaper with AS/cg FoC with a green AV switch...

Beautifull saber! Point!

// Guardian - SRD/as \\
// Manticore - VA/as ~ Erocitnam SY/as \\
// "wooden" Shock LE RGB - RGB/as \\

~Lightside Points~

faheyb
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:35:31 AM »

THanks, Ben.  I appreciate the help.  Now that I know, I will get to work on the Raven review.  Thanks again!

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »

I thought Silver would look great on the Crimson. Was the only one I thought would work in my mind.

Glad it works so well!

I thing Silver works on any hilt no mater what it is. Especially with windows

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »

I thought Silver would look great on the Crimson. Was the only one I thought would work in my mind.

Glad it works so well!

I thing Silver works on any hilt no mater what it is. Especially with windows

It's one of those awesome colors.  Wink

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 70

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »

Sooooo freakin Sweat bro...LOVE the red on AS. You should do a video clip of that Bad Boy clashing in the BR...WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT.
NICE SABER!

DARK MAL

WHEN THE POWERS OF GOOD OR EVIL ARE IN YOUR PATH, DO NOT GO AROUND THEM MY FRIENDS. STAND FAST..ONLY BY GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WILL EVER LEARN TO MASTER WHO YOU  TRUELY ARE.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 12:14:24 AM »

That blade looks incredible, just like a beam of pure light. I think I've found another thing to add to the wishlist - I would never have thought of an all-silver blade, but this just looks so good, and it goes really well with the Reaper too.

What sort of blade do you have to get that effect, please?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »

That blade looks incredible, just like a beam of pure light. I think I've found another thing to add to the wishlist - I would never have thought of an all-silver blade, but this just looks so good, and it goes really well with the Reaper too.

What sort of blade do you have to get that effect, please?

Adegan Silver is really awesome! I'm not sure what blade the OP uses but I personally prefer it in a mid-grade blade, as it gives a much sharper look. It looks good in UE also but that makes it look really soft. It's up to personal preference though!

faheyb
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 03:53:14 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I used a mid grade blade for this saber. One thing I didn't mention is that this saber is LOUD. I mean it is louder than any of my other sabers. That is probably due to the fact that the pommel does not cover the speaker at all. I had to adjust the volume using the Obsidian software. Very happy with how this turned out. I am working on a video of the saber and I hope to have one soon. It will be my first video. Thanks once again for the words of praise.

angelo07stang
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:39 PM »

Omg that red with the silver looks amazing damn it I may have to get that set up 1 day.

faheyb
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I also posted a video of the saber. Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: