Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Kestrel Review  (Read 2967 times)
Wolfen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« on: January 05, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »

This is an old one that I posted on a different forum over a year and a half ago. The saber is no longer produced but I thought I'd let you guys see it in case you ever have a chance to pick one up somewhere. It should be noted that I sold this one, then bought a different one when putting together my son's jedi costume. The second one is the one shown here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=102.0. It has a liberator pommel on it which completes the look perfectly. It also has black o-rings and automobile paint on it along with a d-ring.

The Kestrel is a perfect one handed saber. I have small hands and it fits perfectly. The hilt is just shy of 8" long. I tried 2 different blades with this saber, a 36" Ultraedge and a 24" Thickwalled Ultrablade. In my opinion, the Ultraedge is too long for a saber this short. The balance is a little off. However, the thickwalled Ultrablade is the perfect length and weight for me. It spins like a dream. The only problem I noticed is due to the thickness of the blade the set screw sticks out from the hilt a little. If you arent careful you can catch your hand on the edge of the screw and get little cuts. Not a big deal. I noticed is that the pommel end is threaded to accept a different pommel. I tried to put a MR Yoda pommel on there but it was just too thick.

Close up & lit

With Ultraedge

With Thickwalled short Ultrablade

These pics were taken in a semi-dark room.

Here is a close up of one taken in a completely dark room. It is closer to the true colour

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:05:20 AM »

really nice, lol I like the effect the wrinkles in the skeets give the glowing blade

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Oz Drift3r
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 12:07:38 AM »

Wow this thing is a like a baby liberator.... As you say in the review it would be perfect for single handed dueling or even duel wielding. This one may have been good with a 32" blade from the staff's.

Still an amazing little Saber, Thanks for reposting the review.

Phantom V2 - RGB
Initiate V2 - Violet Amethyst
Liberator V2 - Under Construction

SirHenryMF
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 12:17:32 AM »

That thing looks awesome! I'd love to have a pair of these myself if they are ever offered again! The SRD looks really nice on it too. These seem better suited for one handed use than even the Initiates.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 02:26:06 AM »

Cool review. It's so cute!

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: